Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone sprung for one of these puppies?

I have one, along with blue knobs, black knobs, micrometer adjusters, etc. I like that it has heft, I find I don't use the graduations that much. I need one that reminds me which way to turn it - that's about all that would be better than just a larger knob!

Another for the stock setup. Instead of always adjusting I just order extra powder bars and leave them (marked and) pre set for every load. It only takes backing off one socket head capscrew to swap them after you have emptied the powder out of the measure.

Another for the stock setup. Instead of always adjusting I just order extra powder bars and leave them (marked and) pre set for every load. It only takes backing off one socket head capscrew to swap them after you have emptied the powder out of the measure.

I like the concept but with a .223, 9MM, soon to have 9MM open, 40 limited, 40 open, 45, 45 open, 45 camp carbine, 38, 357, 44 Special, 44 Mag, 444 Marlin; it is easier for me to adjust than to find the room for that many different charge bars.

Edited by LPatterson

I like the concept but with a .223, 9MM, soon to have 9MM open, 40 limited, 40 open, 45, 45 open, 45 camp carbine, 38, 357, 44 Special, 44 Mag, 444 Marlin; it is easier for me to adjust than to find the room for that many different charge bars.

That makes sense....so which of the offerings do you use?

I HAVE SEVERAL OF THE MR.DIALS,HOWEVER THERE IS A MICROMETER POWDER BAR KIT FROM UNIQUETEK THAT ATTACHES TO YOUR POWDER HOPPER AND MAKES ADJUSTING YOUR POWDER HOPPER SO EASY.THE REVIEWS SUPPORT THAT I CANT BELIEVE I EVER DID WITHOUT ONE.ITS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE MR. DIAL,BUT IF YOU RELOAD ALOT AND CHANGE BETWEEN CALIBERS,AND DONT WANT TO BUY ANOTHER POWDER HOPPER FOR EACH CALIBER.ONCE YOUVE FOUND YOUR SETTING FOR WHAT YOUR RELOADING,RECORD IT,AND EVERY TIME YOU CAN GET BACK THERE VERY QUICK.ALSO,IF YOUVE EVER HAD AN AIR POCKET OR POWDER NOT FLOWING SMOOTHLY OR CONSISTANTLY,THEY ALSO HAVE A POWDER BAFFLE,THATLL SOLVE THIS,I THINK ITS LIKE 5 BUCKS.

www mrdial dot com

• 1 month later...

That makes sense....so which of the offerings do you use?

The .223 & 444 Marlin use the same powder measure with a large bar on different tool heads. The 45 has a dedicated powder measure with an Arrendondo charge bar. Everything else shares a powder measure with a Uniquetek micrometer in a small charge bar. All powder measures have a Uniquetek baffle.

I just set them on top of the respective tool head along with the preset PC rod for that setup. They send 3 different diameter rods with each PC die, so I swap the plastic part from tool head in the process too.

Assuming you haven't milled the front tool head pin to clear the PC mount, to clear so you don't have to take the device off the tool head and empty the powder measure between changes, its fast and free with zero adjustments.

I just set them on top of the respective tool head along with the preset PC rod for that setup. They send 3 different diameter rods with each PC die, so I swap the plastic part from tool head in the process too.

Assuming you haven't milled the front tool head pin to clear the PC mount, to clear so you don't have to take the device off the tool head and empty the powder measure between changes, its fast and free with zero adjustments.

????????????

What's a PC rod or PC mount????? What plastic part from the tool head? Mine are all aluminum. It is very seldom that I use the same powder for 2 different calibers so I have to empty the powder measure between changes.

• 2 weeks later...

My son has a Dillon 650 and I just acquired one also. This is what he has been looking at and will probably go with and I will do likewise.

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1231

I installed a couple of these on my powder bars over the holidays and have finally dialed it in and started using it. All I can say is wow!! - I can't believe I waited so long to pull the trigger on this. Very good quality and extremely precise.

• 8 months later...

I must say, the UniqueTek Micrometer Powder Bar Kit seems to be the coolest, however at $60 I think I like that eBay one better. The Mr. Dial is cool too, however if you look close there are 3 bars in between, for instance going from 3 to 4. With the eBay one, you at least have 4 bars in between which then you could write down 3.2, 3.6 more easily.

Of course having 9 bars in between would be the best. Very minor, but still I like the eBay one the best. If I didn't need to hesitate on the money thing, I'd 100% get the UniqueTek for sure, even if only loading for one caliber.