Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR-15 Stocks

sv45

I was thinking of changing the stock on my AR, Is there a better stock out there for shooting three gun besides the standard. I am thinking of the EGW with adjustable weights. What do you think? I know it will not make me shoot faster and jump higher but the rifle will look cool. LOL

ThankEj45

my 16inch flat top started life as a full size A2, added the short upper and collapsible Colt stock with some additional detents for Kyle's matches... but didn't like the cheek weld (Mikey wouldn't give me one of the SOCOM models with sloping cheek piece... some friend) so it now sports one of the ugliest A1 stocks, with rounded butt pad... I did mill a slot in the side and sling it like a M1 carbine... for the shorter ranges we shoot down here it seems to work the best with the shorter stock... it is border line fugly.... regards

Someone mentioned the JP website and the stocks there......take a REAL close look at the one that you can put a magazine in.

VERY FAST.....infact, almost as fast as having the ready mag on the side of your rifle, or having 2 mags taped together. Also, 'the bar'....is lower on the pistol grip than the standard JP buttstock, so no....it does not interfere with your hand position...at all (at least not mine)

And....I guess....as I work for JP.....you can consider it a shameless plug (not something I would normally do).....but I've been using this stock and really like it!!!

If your under 6'1" or so try a plain old A1 stock.

They are not the trickest setup but that 5/8" shorter old stock sure works well for many while moving, sitting or standing.

I like A1 stocks for my 3-gun and SHTF AR's, and an A2 for my highpower rifle.

My new rifle has an ACE full sized skeleton stock. Most of my other ARs have A1 stocks w/ Accuracy Speaks Adjustable buttplates. I prefer the A1 with adjustable butt plate but only sligthly.

My "car gun" (a Bushmaster superlight carbine) has one of the stubby "entry" stocks plus a one-inch spacer from Knight's Armament that also has an ambidextrous swivel attachment for a single point sling. It works great for CQB type stuff, but I don't think's it's as easy to use prone or from the bench as an A1 stock. The A2 is definitely too long for me.