Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Tiger Teams

Ahab

PEC-Memphis wrote: my responses in blue

11. Non-threat hits cumulative. you killed that good guy twice, three, four or more times???

color]

Here's an idea: make non-threat hits 'double reverse points' based. A hit in the down zero = 5 seconds, a hit in the down one = 3 seconds, and a hit in the down three = one second. (winging a good guy shouldn't be as bad drilling him COM) Make those cumulative if you like....

I've thought about that, good logic to it. But we would make scoring as complicated as USPSA.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't it be sweet if SSP and ESP went to 145 PF, like 9mm was intended? (I'm not holding my breath.)

115 x 1300 = 149,500

124 x 1200 = 148,800

Now that is full charge service ammunition. Not even +p either.

What factory target ammo comes in those velocities? Not Winchester White box or Federal American Eagle or other cheap, readily available ammo.

The rulebook doesn't say cheap commonly available practice ammo.

IDPA is a shooting sport that uses practical

equipment including full charge service

ammunition...

The goal is to compete with “service type” ammunition, not light

target ammunition. Therefore, the following minimum power

floors will be in effect:

SSP - 125,000

My point is, either say it and do it, or don't say it. (And I'm not holding my breath.)

Koski

I'd like to see this for NT scoring.

One hit in 0 on a NT = 15s

One hit in -1 = 10s

One hit in the -3 = 5s

Aren,t all -1 hits considered nuetralizing on threat targets? Penalties for NTs need to be higher than current rule book calls for, IMO.

Easy to score as there will be far fewer hits on NTs with this structure. ;)

Allow gun mounted lights for low light/no light stages. Must have appropriate holster of course.

Yes, I can shoot with a hand held light, efficiently I might add. But, gun mounted lights are far superior. And yes you can conceal a handgun with a gun mounted light. I do quite frequently.

One hit in -1 = 10s

One hit in the -3 = 5s

Aren,t all -1 hits considered nuetralizing on threat targets? Penalties for NTs need to be higher than current rule book calls for, IMO.

A single hit on a single stage would completely ruin your match then. Don't like it.

One hit in -1 = 10s

One hit in the -3 = 5s

A single hit on a single stage would completely ruin your match then. Don't like it.

Yeah its a game and 15 seconds for a non threat on most stages that don't take that long to shoot from the start.....thats to tough a penalty. I think the scoring is fine its other areas that need to grow.

Here's an idea: make non-threat hits 'double reverse points' based. A hit in the down zero = 5 seconds, a hit in the down one = 3 seconds, and a hit in the down three = one second. (winging a good guy shouldn't be as bad drilling him COM) Make those cumulative if you like....

I like this idea.

Some more ideas:

Break ESP into ESP Minor(125pf) and ESP Major(165pf) but leave all other rules for the devision the same.

Make CDP open to all calibers above .40 with no other changes.

Edited by PistoleroJesse

Yes.

If the idea is for the total number of Divisions, Classes, and Categories to equal the number of entries, so everybody is a winner.

Kind of like 3rd grade soccer.

Oh, yeah, revise the policy that there must be one award for every three entries. That 7th place plaque I got was not a real brag item.

How about first, second, and third, if the field is large enough for a class bump (10)? Otherwise first.

The Olympics has gotten by with gold, silver, and bronze and horse racing with win, place, and show for a long time.

^^^ that would certainly save on the plaque/trophy costs that a club has to pay for....said, another way, it puts more money into that home club's coffers.

a few more ideas....

have some sort of certification on the match entry form from the MD that none of the stages at their major match haven't been run in practice or during their local monthly club matches.

if SO's shoot on the day prior to all the regular shooters, the regular shooters are still allowed to come by the range the day before to watch the SO's shoot.

when major match results get posted to the IDPA.com website, have it include what was the minimum round count required for the entire match.

it gives me, at least, an idea how the master class shooters/hired guns/division champions faired....

was it a contest of shooting skill...

or was it more like "bubblegum IPSC" and "monkey prop tossing"

I can also figure out from the MRC that if next year's match is going to have a lot of trigger time or if it is gonna be bbboooorrrrriiiinnnngggg...

Allow gun mounted lights for low light/no light stages. Must have appropriate holster of course.

Yes, I can shoot with a hand held light, efficiently I might add. But, gun mounted lights are far superior. And yes you can conceal a handgun with a gun mounted light. I do quite frequently.

And then we're off to the equipment races, as hand-held lights will simply not be competitive on low-light stages.

I think most of us HAVE a gun mounted light/laser. I think it would be cool if gun mounted lights/lasers were allowed IF DESIGNATED FOR THE STAGE by the MD. So at a night/dark match, you could have 3 stages designated gun mounted light/laser, and 3 stages designated hand held light only.

I also know that most people do not have a holster that accomodates the gun with light mounted. But it's easy enough to have all "mounted" stages begin with a table start, night stand start, etc.

Likely a repeat but...

For SSP/ESP you can: 1) get rid of any action discription and the Division difference is only based on what mods are done (mag wells, grip mods, other external mods, etc), or 2) make SSP for DAO and DA/SA guns alone and put all striker fired guns in ESP. I think "1" would be better then the SO dosen't have to worry about gun internals and only looks for external mods.

CDP should be opened up to .40 cal and larger. Yes there are some cartgrides that use a smaller bullet that can make major like .357 SIG, but most all other 9mm bullet based cartrides do not have a factory loading at major PF. 38 Super is close and may make it out of some guns. BTW - I load 9mm Major of USPSA Open Divison, it is high risk and not for the faint of heart or new reloader.

Leave the scoring as it is - its simple and easy to follow. Don't forget this is a GAME, not TRAINING.

Edited by Rob Tompkins

Revise the awards schedule. Stop making clubs waste money on an exessive number of plaques. It could better be used for charity, range improvements, or equipment purchases/upgrades.

Allow awards based on performance..

I like this idea.

Some more ideas:

Break ESP into ESP Minor(125pf) and ESP Major(165pf) but leave all other rules for the devision the same.

Make CDP open to all calibers above .40 with no other changes.

If you had ESP major you would not need to open CDP to .40 caliber. Let the guys with .40 Single Stacks and etc. shoot ESP Major.

What would the point be of ESP Minor/Major, more scoring headache ?

Just let anyone who wants to shoot Major shoot in CDP in whatever caliber they want. 38 Super, 9x23, 40, 10mm, 9x25, 357sig.. Have at it. Knock your socks off. 8+1 rounds.