Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do You Get Slide Bitten By A Stock Glock?

Duane Thomas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

v1.0

Much better than stock, i will be shooting it tonight if I like where it is I will leave it if not I can add or remove material.

photo1.jpg

Edit: Well to say the least, I like it!

Thanks for the help! B)

Edited by bpipe95

Big hands and glock bite usually equals good grip (usually)!!! Took a few months off shooting need that callous back so I quit bleeding all over my gun every time I shoot!!! Gen 4 can fix it with the different backstraps... I still love my Gen 3 I won't betray you sweety!!! :D

I've never been bitten and I have fairly large hands

I take back what I said I think I jinxed myself because 3 days after I posted I was doing some live fire drills and tried to go too fast and got a bad grip on the gun and got bitten didn't make me bleed just scrached

Haven't gotten bitten yet, but so far my 17 has only been used for relaxed range shooting. First match is upcoming which I'm sure is a whole different story. Anybody use the Grip Force Adapter? Would you recommend?

Yes. The Grip Force Adapter is a Godsend for me. IDPA allows it in SSP as well but it will get you bumped from Production Divisioin in USPSA. I now have one on all my Glocks including my G19 carry gun.

• 4 weeks later...

...I was up late last night looking for someone who could "manufacture" a beavertail for my G21. I also visited the Grip Force Adapter website to see if they offered one for a G21...which according to the website they don't. I had settled on spending $195.00 with Robar (ouch).

I bought an extra adapter when I bought them for my 4th Gen 17 and 3rd Gen 19. Popped it out of the box and low and behold it fits the G21 perfectly.

No more slide bite on any of my Glocks....period and now I have $195.00 to spend somewhere else !

I voted a while ago, yes. I just thought I'd share my latest experience. I shoot production regularly with a G34 and don't normally experience slide bite, if I did, I think I would shoot a diffrent pistol. I have fairly large hands and this weekend shooting the GSSF match, all my guns bit me. I think it was something to do with the higher grip I got as I started low ready. My second string of the day bit me pretty good, actually drew blood. I got tagged off and on all day which certainly didn't help my scores. The bandaid I put on it after the first stage got torn up throughout the day as well. I think maybe I'll have to rethink my grip for the GSSF, low ready start.