Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do You Get Slide Bitten By A Stock Glock?

Duane Thomas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This refers to the slide eating up part of the skin by the webbing between your thumb and trigger finger?

Just recently in a thread here in the Glock forum I referred to the "small number" of shooters who get slide bitten by a stock Glock, only to get one reply, "That number is larger than you think." Made me a bit curious so I put together this poll.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll be checking the YES button with my slide-scarred hand... (I didn't like how low my hand was with a Glock compared to my old 1911, so I raised my grip, then my Glock ate up my hand as if to tell me, "I aint no 1911, so don't treat me like one!").

s

i added a permanent beavertail to my limited gun cause i was tired of bleeding at matches. Now every unmodified glock i pick up just doesnt feel right without one.

e458c039.jpg

Edited by razerok1

I didn't notice an applicable button for me: "Horribly". A shooting buddy and I were squadded together at the Nationals. Comparing "Glock Tracks" in our hands was a daily occurrence. We were both shooting Gen3 G-34s.

It doesn't happen all the time to me. Usually, it starts with a slightly-flubbed draw that gets my hand a bit higher than usual. The cut develops and just keeps getting worse. Nationals was bad. Georgia State, just a couple of weeks earlier, was completely uneventful as far as slide bite goes.

The Gen4 doesn't do that to me EVER because the area under the beavertail is recessed just a little bit and gives my Sasquatch hands somewhere to go. (Even though I have big hands, I run a Gen4 with no backstrap inserts)

Wow. Really nicely done work. :) I can't even see a blend mark.

thank you sir.

Looks nice.

Howd you do it?

i modified some brass furniture screws (4 of them), screwed them into the back of the beavertail area, then i built it up around the brass screws with jb weld. then i sanded it to the shape that best fit my hand and painted it.

the one in the picture was the first one i ever did.

I have now found a new epoxy that works a little bit better than jb weld and doesnt require painting since its already black.

Edited by Duane Thomas

I cant get my hand high enough for the slide to contact. My buddy on the other hand had horrible tracks on his strong hand when he shot a 34 in Prod. His hand is much bigger than mine, especially in that portion of the hand so it stuck up there waiting to get chopped.

I get bad slide bite and grip really high. My hands aren't big, but the flesh between my thumb and index finger is quite meaty. I just started using a Grip Force Adapter. Just getting used to it. It lengthens the trigger pull slightly and changes how the gun indexes.

Wow. Would not have thought of doing it that way. Thanks for sharing your trade secret. :)

Awesome job, dude. Looks totally part of the gun.

Wow. Really nicely done work. :) I can't even see a blend mark.

thank you sir.

Looks nice.

Howd you do it?

i modified some brass furniture screws (4 of them), screwed them into the back of the beavertail area, then i built it up around the brass screws with jb weld. then i sanded it to the shape that best fit my hand and painted it.

the one in the picture was the first one i ever did.

I have now found a new epoxy that works a little bit better than jb weld and doesnt require painting since its already black.