7. Kale Garretson CZ SP-01

8. Brad Engmann S&W M&P Pro 9

9. Angus Hobdell CZ SP-01

10. Lee Demaculangan Glock 34

11. Sonny Morton S&W M&P Pro 9

12. Chad Reilly CZ SP-01

13. Michael Hollar Glock 34

14. Cody McKenna CZ SP-01

15. Mike Hughes S&W M&P (the normal size one which looks tiny in his hands)

16. Chuck Anderson Glock 34

Edited by Chuck Anderson

Congrats to Ben and the Top 16.

Appeared to be far fewer glocks overall in production, and a very diverse group of production guns used by the super squad - just about every manufacturer was represented. The equipment survey will be interesting, but I a bet glock lost a significant percentage this year.

That's a bit more diverse than usual. Some of this may have been a temporary bubble with the World Shoot looming and IPSC's bias towards DA/SA guns over striker fired guns.<br />

I don't think that's the reason. Everyone except for Phil was shooting the same gun as always, and I don't think the IPSC rules are why he switched.

Edited by JorDanO

Hmm... not top 10, not top 20, but top 16. :cheers:

Sort of what I thought, lol.

You could think that - but top 16 is actually a recognized placement within USPSA ;) They hand out trophies for Top 16, and that's the cutoff for prize table at Nationals before Top M, Top A, etc jump in line between 16th and 17th. It just happens that Chuck was 16th this year cheers.gif

Yep, I just did the top 16 because of my placement. Had nothing to do with the previous threads about guns of the top 16. Just for purely selfish reasons. I was acutally thinking about doing a Guns of the Top 17 for the Limited 10 match. That number just seemed right. :wacko:

This thread would have read the same if I'd finished 8th or 24th. Overall placement awards are given out to the top 16. After that it's class or category awards.

Overall placement awards are given out to the top 16. After that it's class or category awards.

Why 16? I would have figured 10 simply because ten is the base of the decimal numeral system, by far the most common system of denoting numbers in both spoken and written language :D

Overall placement awards are given out to the top 16. After that it's class or category awards.

Why 16? I would have figured 10 simply because ten is the base of the decimal numeral system, by far the most common system of denoting numbers in both spoken and written language :D

Back in the day when USPSA held a shootoff after the match was over the top 16 would make up the 8 brackets for the shootoff.

Yep, I just did the top 16 because of my placement. Had nothing to do with the previous threads about guns of the top 16. Just for purely selfish reasons. I was acutally thinking about doing a Guns of the Top 17 for the Limited 10 match. That number just seemed right. :wacko:

This thread would have read the same if I'd finished 8th or 24th. Overall placement awards are given out to the top 16. After that it's class or category awards.

Ok serious guy then I rescind my :cheers: