Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA World Championship

They are talking about teh IDPA World Championships at USA this past week. We just got back. The rain delays on days 1, 2 and 3 created the ptpoblems so 3 bays/5 stages were withdrawn. There was no way to get them done. We shot the last 2 days and on Friday, the skys open again just as we finished. The rain and lightning was so bad, there was no way to plan around it. IDPA did the ritght thing by tossing the stages as there was no way to finish unless there was shooting in the thunderstorms or after dark.

Thanks, Michael. That clears things up a bit.

!!!!Let's start right now blaming the match staff because they didn't plan appropriately for the misfortunes Mother Nature can visit upon an outdoor event!!!

Hang the bastards! Put them to the cross! Gather firewood for the burning!

*I have a pint of kerosene if anyone needs it....

From what I understand one of them was tossed because the activating target kept failing, and the others either because of serious squad back up issues or maybe even the fact the bays were not really usable. There was a metric crap ton of rain there last week.

Who scheduled there match first? IDPA world shoot or USPSA nationals. Seems like to much of a coincidence to me that they fell on the same week-end :ph34r::sight::devil:

Both were scheduled at almost the same time. USPSA had to stick ours when we did due to the approaching World Shoot (the IPSC one, not the IDPA one). We tried to put it a week earlier but couldn't due to a range conflict. There are normally a couple weeks of contract signing that go into scheduling of a match of this size. We were both doing it at the same time and announced at almost the same time. No evil scheme. In fact USPSA offered shooters the opportunity to shoot through the match and still get to the IDPA match. Something I've never seen allowances at Nationals for. Shoot throughs yes, to go shoot another match, no.

Robert Vogel: 30 points down for the match, 0 Failures to Neutralize, 0 Procedural errors, 0 Hits on non-threats and a final match score 35 seconds ahead of the nearest competitor in any class in any division. Oh yeah, he did this less than a week after winning L10 at the USPSA Nationals. :surprise:

Edited by BBBB

Who scheduled there match first? IDPA world shoot or USPSA nationals. Seems like to much of a coincidence to me that they fell on the same week-end :ph34r::sight::devil:

Both were scheduled at almost the same time. USPSA had to stick ours when we did due to the approaching World Shoot (the IPSC one, not the IDPA one). We tried to put it a week earlier but couldn't due to a range conflict. There are normally a couple weeks of contract signing that go into scheduling of a match of this size. We were both doing it at the same time and announced at almost the same time. No evil scheme. In fact USPSA offered shooters the opportunity to shoot through the match and still get to the IDPA match. Something I've never seen allowances at Nationals for. Shoot throughs yes, to go shoot another match, no.

Chuck,

IMO that shows a lot of class by our Organization and BOD.

Kudos

Marty

A-7424

Edited by martyg00

Robert Vogel: 30 points down for the match, 0 Failures to Neutralize, 0 Procedural errors, 0 Hits on non-threats and a final match score 35 seconds ahead of the nearest competitor in any class in any division. Oh yeah, he did this less than a week after winning L10 at the USPSA Nationals. :surprise:

Congrats to Bob!! cheers.gif