Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will web data update today?

bbbean

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are paying them for a service, no matter how anyone wants to slice it, and they made the contract stating when each month that the service would be done. They have not fulfilled their part of the contract, but I'm quite sure our monies are in their purses....

I don't know if alot of people realize this or not, but in order to have your classifier uploaded and for it to count it has to be paid for.

From your entry fee the club has to pay USPSA to accept your classifier score.

My point exactly...We paid to have them uploaded, on or about the 15th of each month....

Within 30 days of the match, the clubs must send in a classification report, which can be generated automatically by the USPSA EzWinScore program, and $3.00 per competitor per division to cover costs of the administering the classification system. In addition, the $3.00 fee is due for each division regardless of whether the competitor shot all stages or just the classifier stage.

All valid classification scores received at National Headquarters by the 10th of each month are entered into the computer before the classification program calculates averages, unless there is a problem with the paperwork submitted by the club. For an understanding of what constitutes a valid score, read the section on the "Flagging System" on page 7. After the scores have been entered and verified as correct, the computer calculates a current average for those who have become eligible for a classification and generates a classification card. These cards are mailed out around the 15th of the month.

So I just called Val. She verified all the scores this morning. Roger just got back in the office from Nationals. He now has the scores and the update will likely occur either this afternoon or tomorrow, per Val. Val, and for that matter all the staff at HQ, have always been very open and available any time I've called. Including before I was an AD. Rather than lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks, a call might have been easier?

So I just called Val. She verified all the scores this morning. Roger just got back in the office from Nationals. He now has the scores and the update will likely occur either this afternoon or tomorrow, per Val. Val, and for that matter all the staff at HQ, have always been very open and available any time I've called. Including before I was an AD. Rather than lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks, a call might have been easier?

Chuck, why should a call have even been necessary?

Not saying it was necessary. Val even said it would have been good to have posted the schedule on the website. But think about the amount of time you guys have put in reading this thread and posting. If someone had made a call or sent an email rather than complaining on an internet forum with no affiliation with USPSA it would have been a non issue. You're always welcome to complain and spend your time that way. But if you wanted an answer it was easily available.

Edited by Chuck Anderson

Not saying it was necessary. Val even said it would have been good to have posted the schedule on the website. But think about the amount of time you guys have put in reading this thread and posting. If someone had made a call or sent an email rather than complaining on an internet forum with no affiliation with USPSA it would have been a non issue. You're always welcome to complain and spend your time that way. But if you wanted an answer it was easily available.

We didn't want an answer....we wanted the data updated....and no call would have gotten that until Nats was over....Which is wrong...

We didn't want an answer....we wanted the data updated....and no call would have gotten that until Nats was over....Which is wrong...

+1

maybe a little bitching about it is exactly what needed to be done and that the office and BOD hears that it is not acceptable to not communicate this type of stuff

Edited by JakeMartens

To be fair, the original post was on the 15th and was an idle question - not one that I thought (at the time) was worth calling the office for. The conversation that followed was just guys at the bar with a common interest. No torches and pitchforks, just a common concern. Given the number of SCs, ADs, staff, etc who post here regularly, it seemed like an appropriate place to ask a question or express a concern.

BB

What?

Stop being serious and logical...

To be fair, the original post was on the 15th and was an idle question - not one that I thought (at the time) was worth calling the office for. The conversation that followed was just guys at the bar with a common interest. No torches and pitchforks, just a common concern. Given the number of SCs, ADs, staff, etc who post here regularly, it seemed like an appropriate place to ask a question or express a concern.

BB

No worries, it was a fair question. And a decent place to ask. If I hadn't been running around Vegas for the last week and a half I'd have probably called earlier to get you an answer. Just wanted the folks who were really concerned to know how to get an answer on their own if they cared to enough to find out.

Folks, this Forum isn't here for a place to rant about customer service issues.

It is here to share information to help us shooter better.

If you have an issue with product or service, please get in touch with person/company/organization directly.

-Admin.

(At first, I closed this thread because it had turned to ranting. I re-opened it so that information can be shared. Don't rant in it again. If you have a post with good info, please share that. Thanks.)

Good to know that an update will be performed soon. I wonder if the staff is aware that the membership is concerned with the delay and it's affect on placement at the nationals and will attempt to do something about it next time.

Good to know that an update will be performed soon. I wonder if the staff is aware that the membership is concerned with the delay and it's affect on placement at the nationals and will attempt to do something about it next time.

This is a semi-regular occurrence, depending on the scheduling of the Nationals. If any of you are unhappy with the way that USPSA handled that process this year or in the past, I encourage you to contact your area directors ideally with a concrete plan for a change.....

Those are the folks with the ability to direct the way the organization works and implements policy.....

If any of you are unhappy with the way that USPSA handled that process this year or in the past, I encourage you to contact your area directors ideally with a concrete plan for a change.....

Now how in the heck are we supposed to know what their personnel schedule is for next time this happens? Making a "concrete plan" from the outside would be impossible.

Little known tidbit...

If you are running a Major match, the office will run an update on those in your match if you (Match Director) request it.

They have certainly done this at past Nationals. ...where shooters have shown up and are welcomed into their new class.