Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Florida Open

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This match is a blast. Be ready for high round counts, Classic targets and lots of small steel at all ranges (read, long shots on small steel!). Draws a lot of shooters from out of the country. Luckily a 4 day weekend for me, will be shooting it for sure.

Looks like your link is going to the international registration form that has stuff we don't have to deal with. Here is the link to the US resident form http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/2012FLORIDAOPEN.PDF and to the main page http://www.frankgarciausa.com/flaopen/main.html

Like CZinSC said, normally it is either all day Fri. or you shoot Sat./Sun. If you shoot AM one day you shoot PM the other. That has been in the past, not up for squadding yet though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you go to the self squadding on uspsa site, you can see the schedule. Its all day friday or either sat morn/sun pm or sat pm/sun am.

FWIW, I just finished a two day class with manny today in frostproof and we asked about the stages for the open. He was very tight lipped about the details as usual, but based on the mischievous grin he had, i'm already worried!

BTW, the class was awesome!. If you ever get the chance I highly recommend it. Manny is a great teacher and an awesome individual.

Can't wait. Breaking out the turtle targets to get ready. Planning on shooting Saturday PM / Sunday AM. Might have to jet back home after shooting Sunday, but looking forward to the match. Big decision is going to be shooting SS Major or Minor. I'm planning on bringing both and make a game-time decision based on stages.

• 2 weeks later...

- I'm looking for details on the schedule? Is it all day Friday OR Saturday/Sunday ?

- Is there a place to ship guns/ammo?

(My gf wants to take a cruise the week before or after the match. I'm trying to figure that out.)

You could go right over the Cape Canaveral an board a cruise.

30-45 minutes away

- I'm looking for details on the schedule? Is it all day Friday OR Saturday/Sunday ?

- Is there a place to ship guns/ammo?

(My gf wants to take a cruise the week before or after the match. I'm trying to figure that out.)

You could go right over the Cape Canaveral an board a cruise.

30-45 minutes away

From Orlando, it is closer to an hour depending on where in O-town you're at. From the airport, about 45 min. I think there is a shuttle bus available from OIA to Port Canaveral.

From the range, call it a good 2 1/2 hr drive to be safe.

Lots of 3 and 4 day cruises available to the Bahamas from Port Canaveral.

If it weren't a 14 hours drive, I'd think about it. Maybe one day I'll make this one...

You just need a night shift driver. :)

why not just fly? tickets to Orlando are fairly cheap.

I shoot the match last year and found that it is cheaper to fly in and out of Tampa and also cheaper car rental. A little longer drive, but it's worth checking out.