Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List 5 things that put the fun back into a match

Shooting and laughing with good people!!! Hey wait! That's most 3-gunners I know! :cheers:

Having a squad that resets without being reminded!

Having the squad goddess take care of score sheets so I don't have to!

Having bathrooms close so I can drink and not pee myself or have to hide in the bushes and get...plants on my butt! :sick:

Being out at the range with friends, shooting and laughing! (I may have said that one before!) :goof:

Having my baby shooting out there with me and shooting well so he smiles! :wub:

Having the sun shining, but cloud cover to keep it cool and...wait for it...shooting with fun people! That's what 3-Gun is ALL about!

Me not shooting poorly doesn't hurt either, but there's nothing anybody but me can do about that! :angry:

I almost always have fun at a 3-Gun match, even if I'm complaining! Sometimes, that's kind of fun, too!

I just think 3-gunners are awesome and they are so fun to be around!!!

Denise

#stages that are planed out to offer target options and challenges of risk reward

#stages that seduce me & get described differently by most of the shooters the next day ,BUT all shot under the same rules

#stages that friends told me about so endearing that I wanted to start shooting 3 gun

#1 ! The people ! the ones that RO and you know you will get fair shot, the competitors that will stomp your butt "in a nice kinda way" New friends -old friends people that make us want to be better people. Thats the events I remember as good fun

The people that help you and the ones that ask for help

#5 I want to see leadership starting before I send my application. From the-top down- to Evey one that has a smile all the way to the end, an teamwork event that everyone wants to be at.

B)

<_< If Pies are being served at the end of the party , I would like a piece too

Just a few from Area 7 yesterday:

1 Getting to watch JJ Racaza shoot all day

2 Starting off nervous because I'm shooting with JJ and 3 of the top 6 competitors in production (my division), have a good run on the first stage of the day and have JJ hand me my empty mags and say nice run.

3 Great stages

4 Awesome RO crew, including Mojo the Bulldog

5 plenty of good natured ribbing among the shooters

6 Having to stay sharp to actually get a target or two pasted before they're all done

7 absolutely perfect match weather (I feel sorry for the crew who had to set up in the monsoon)

1) More shooting in, under and around cars - or car-like props!

2) Horner scoring

3) Crazy ass Kyle Lamb North American 3 Gun stages (support side shooting, sideways shooting, crawling in mud, shooting out of moving vehicles, target recognition problems, and the Iron Man El Prez!)

4) More aerial shotgun targets

5) Setting the rifle stages up so that the mid-range targets (inside of 200 or so) cannot be engaged prone - Sorry Jesse!

1. Shooting with the folks on Squad 18 at Ozark!

2. Getting good coaching (not on the clock) from guys like Outzen, Kelly, Casanova, Burkett.

3. CHOICES, risk reward type stuff.

4. No way to shoot any rifle targets inside 200 yards from prone (stole from Kelly cause I really like it!)

5. Diversity in stage design...hoser AND precision, all mixed up together. :cheers:

Swedish bikini team offering massages after each stage

Choices choices choices

A nice mix of challenging and easy hoser targets

I like being forced to change pace mid stage. For instance shooting a bunch of full sized target 3 ft away and then having a 400 yard target right after

Meeting great people

Getting to go shooting for fun were people will not be shooting back.

Getting to hang out with the guys and gals from out of town that we only get to see at matches.

Drinking beer and lamenting the way we shot, tripped, rested our barrel on a prop, or got DQed because I was in such a hurry to dump a silly prop gun and shoot a bitchen stage.

Looking forward to the next trip where we get to leave work behind for a few days and do the stuff listed above. Do I need to bring up the beer again?

slight thread drift ahead....

seeing JTischauer is the top poster on the forum today, right after a major 3 gun match.

somehow, that makes me giggle.

:P

Lots of good and not so good things in my head after a big match. What better time to did discuss what we liked right afterwards.

I agree with J-HO changing pace mid stage is awesome.

Shooting your way into a position

Shooting your way out if a position

Sliding head first into a position, intentionally

Sliding feet first into position, intentionally

2) Horner scoring

3) Crazy ass Kyle Lamb North American 3 Gun stages (support side shooting, crawling in mud, shooting out of moving vehicles, target recognition problems, and the Iron Man El Prez!)

5) Setting the rifle stages up so that the mid-range targets (inside of 200 or so) cannot be engaged prone - Sorry Jesse!

This about sums it up for me as well. :cheers:

Oh yeah! Shooting with my son of course.

Edited by Brian Payne

#!! Getting to meet and know people with a different point of view

#2 stages that could not be set-up in five minutes at a club match

#3 shooting with people that solve the stages different

#4 getting to shoot with people that have athletic ability

Getting to shoot with people that have Skill , Ability and a personality that makes us all want to be around them. I like getting beat by those people.

2) Horner scoring

3) Crazy ass Kyle Lamb North American 3 Gun stages (support side shooting, crawling in mud, shooting out of moving vehicles, target recognition problems, and the Iron Man El Prez!)

This about sums it up for me as well. :cheers:

Oh yeah! Shooting with my son of course.

Well I like shooting with your son too. But he is getting to be too good.

#!! Getting to meet and know people with a different point of view

#2 stages that could not be set-up in five minutes at a club match

#3 shooting with people that solve the stages different

#4 getting to shoot with people that have athletic ability

Getting to shoot with people that have Skill , Ability and a personality that makes us all want to be around them. I like getting beat by those people.

These are really good!

Here's 5 from a total newbie, having only attended my first and only match...so far, cause I'm hooked.

1. Getting there early to ease into it and help set up and being greeted right away by the RM - thanks Jason.

2. Meeting another first timer that I had corresponded with on other forums and his brother - thanks Derek and Shane.

3. Meeting a bunch of nice and helpful shooters in my squad. Thanks Jason, Fran, Steve, Dave, and several others - sorry, I'm really bad with names - but that gives me more to work on.

4. Not DQ'ing on my first trip out.

5. Knowing that I'll be welcome - and have already been invited to upcoming matches at that particular club and a few others in the area.