Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Ohio Section Championship

Last year our "Magic Number" was 250 shooters. I think we have safely broken that goal.

I want to thank all of you for helping to make this one of the largest matches this year. :cheers:

I am thinking about capping at 325. I am still waiting for at least 4 more applications from people who said they were coming.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am thinking about capping at 325. I am still waiting for at least 4 more applications from people who said they were coming.

IMO, the reasons this large participation is the great people working the match, fantastic stages, and the random drawing for prizes.

IMO, using a random draw system for prizes, encourages the 'D' and 'C' shooters to attend. I also feel the reason you have such a great prize table is, the manufacturers would prefer their guns and equipment go to shooters that will keep them. Instead of ending up for sale on enos or gunbroker, by the 'M' and 'GM' shooters.

The one drawback from a random prize drawing is that some sponsors feel that there donations do not get enough "Face Time" if they are already in a shooters bag and I see there point. I am trying to get some good pictures of most (if not all) of the prizes and post them on Enos, FaceBook and the match web site to try to promote our sponsors. I have already taken pictures of some of the guns but I have a LOT more to try to lay out and take pictures of. Our sponsors have really done us proud this year. The one downside is that I only have 288 ammo boxes from MTM to give away and 300+ shooters. Someone isn't going to get one of these boxes but EVERYONE is going home with something if not two things. Range bags, Brass bags,Gargoyles shooting glasses,Otis cleaning gear, Hats, Shirts, bullets, brass, STI Frame kit, Duracoat kits, Hi-Viz sights, Glasses and mugs, signs and cleaning mats, Books and slide glide from our most gracious host, Redding reloading gear not to mention 16 guns (including 4 very cool customs from Cheely Custom Gunworks) and the list goes on.

If you all would do me a favor and keep them in mind next time you need to purchase something. It means a lot when they see you noticed the support they provide to the matches.

There are advantages and disadvantages to random draw and a prize table that can be argued both ways and neither side is wrong its just different views.

Me I would rather earn what I get. I've always been that way, even when I started thats just me though. Doesn't mean I'm right.

The other thing about random draw is you don't have the time it takes to go through a prize table, when at a big match like Ohio is turning into, that is a good thing.

Let's not get too far into "What makes a good match / prize table" ...... this match is Great all because of Dan Carter. He's gone over and above what I think makes a good match, consistently making it better, year after year. Thanks Dan! :)

Latest update! :(:roflol:

OhioStats-23.jpg

Looking forward to this and thank you to all the people responsible for this match! Dan and Chris and all the other people behind and in the scene. Also major thanks to our sponsors and donators!!!!

Much to my Chagrin, I have to bow out. I will be working in TN over Memorial Day weekend and until the end of June (at least). Arrangments made, hopefully, to sell my entry.

Thanks DR72! :cheers: TN now? Wow.

I'm really looking forward to this. :D

All of the random draw pistols will be drawn for before the match begins. The winners of those pistols will be advised during the shooter briefing. This is the way we get people to pay attention during the briefing. :roflol: :roflol:

That's how we roll in OHIO!

Edited by dcarter

Hey. I was wondering if there is going to be a match photographer?

Maybe not a professional one ;)

I'll be bringing the "other gear bag" & taking a bunch of pictures....probably shoot better with that too :lol:

Hey. I was wondering if there is going to be a match photographer?

Maybe not a professional one ;)

I'll be bringing the "other gear bag" & taking a bunch of pictures....probably shoot better with that too :lol:

I've got one of those too! I usually just bring the video camera as that is what I use most when I am actually shooting a match.