Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle in the Bluegrass round III

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was there a match photographer? it looked like there was a guy walking around and being all artsy with an slr.

Yeah Dalematthews.com

Here is one my wife took. It actually makes me look somewhat athletic!! :roflol:

IMG_3985.jpg

If I get this printed....could I get your autograph :bow: O' Great One

Sure lol

Photos up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69192854@N05/sets/72157629769579745/

Taken with my Nikon D5000; I believe all of the ones I ended up with in this set were with my 55-200m f/4-5.6. (The ones taken early in the day with my 50mm f/1.8 didn't turn out so well. That's also because we were on stages 8 and 9 in the morning, and those bays aren't particularly photo-friendly.)

ETA - Anything that doesn't have me in it was taken by me; the ones of me were taken by a squadmate - which shows that even DSLR noobs can manage to get some great photos. (look at DSC_0406!)

Edited by Walküre

Wow, what a great match! The stages were a lot of fun. Most were straight forward, but it's very easy to get in trouble on wide open targets. Funny how that is. I'm glad to hear that the rest of the stages held up well. I worked stage 1 and we did not have a single reshoot due to the swinger. Forward poppers are what they are, I saw more than one shooter do a double take only to see it SLOWLY falling forward. If it helps, our poppers worked better this match than any previous club match. Much credit to those that had them upgraded prior to the BITB!

Corey and crew put on a heck of a match! I think we even finished 45 minutes ahead of schedule. Dinner served while waiting for final scores, AWESOME!

I want to thank everyone who showed up to shoot this match. Our first year was met with a lot of flack for not offering all divisions. Turns out, two divisions works out pretty well. I believe this match is schedule before nationals on purpose, I'm glad too because I now know I need some practice on plate racks and head shots.

:angry2: had one mag turned wrong...just glad I didn't slam it in! I had a great time, learned a lot from other shooters and I know I will be a better shooter because of this match! Edited by Tom Brannon

was there a match photographer? it looked like there was a guy walking around and being all artsy with an slr.

Yeah Dalematthews.com

Here is one my wife took. It actually makes me look somewhat athletic!! :roflol:

IMG_3985.jpg

If I get this printed....could I get your autograph :bow: O' Great One

Sure lol

sweet.... cause soon as your famas...it goes on ebay!

I shot like crap but I had a good time.

Corey, This was well done. Great job.

I have to thank my team mate Tom for allowing me to crash at his place on Friday. He is also one fantastic cook.

Outstanding match, fun stages, perfect weather. I'm already looking forward to BitB 4!

I'd also like to thank Corey and Shaun for posting their video on stage 7. Made me feel a little better about not going 1 for 1 on the plate racks!

Diana & I want to thank everyone involved in BITB-III. This was our third time, and the stages just get better. Now if I can just figure out how to hit a certain last plate on the last plate rack....6 shots at one plate....really :roflol: Diana's very grateful that there was only one port that she had to perform the 9MM ballet on...being vertically challenged sometimes leads to shooting in a pretty good toe-point stance.

Squad Lucky 13 was fun... a CZ shooter instead of the normal tupperware, a football star, a very promising junior and his dad, a prison escapee, the video star, another MIB, and of course, MR. PIGGY!!! Tony, if you would just sloooow down, you wouldn't be so out of breath at the end of a stage :D

I had a great time (just look at how much time i spent on some stages!!!) I was able to defend my title of High (not that sort of high :devil: ), Slow, Balding, Bi-focal wearing OLD guy in Production Division. Diana & I have been shooting together since she was 11, and it's still a father & daughter fun time for us. We started in the gun games for the shooting, and stay because of the people we play with. Thank you again, Corey, Mike, Gary, Hill of Beans BBQ, Bluegrass Sportsmans, Chuck, and everyone involved.

So when do we sign up for BITB-IV?

Diana & I want to thank everyone involved in BITB-III. This was our third time, and the stages just get better. Now if I can just figure out how to hit a certain last plate on the last plate rack....6 shots at one plate....really :roflol: Diana's very grateful that there was only one port that she had to perform the 9MM ballet on...being vertically challenged sometimes leads to shooting in a pretty good toe-point stance.

Squad Lucky 13 was fun... a CZ shooter instead of the normal tupperware, a football star, a very promising junior and his dad, a prison escapee, the video star, another MIB, and of course, MR. PIGGY!!! Tony, if you would just sloooow down, you wouldn't be so out of breath at the end of a stage :D

I had a great time (just look at how much time i spent on some stages!!!) I was able to defend my title of High (not that sort of high :devil: ), Slow, Balding, Bi-focal wearing OLD guy in Production Division. Diana & I have been shooting together since she was 11, and it's still a father & daughter fun time for us. We started in the gun games for the shooting, and stay because of the people we play with. Thank you again, Corey, Mike, Gary, Hill of Beans BBQ, Bluegrass Sportsmans, Chuck, and everyone involved.

So when do we sign up for BITB-IV?

I need to join the Ashland Gang next year. Glad to hear you did well Mike. You're the MAN. :cheers:

Diana's very grateful that there was only one port that she had to perform the 9MM ballet on...being vertically challenged sometimes leads to shooting in a pretty good toe-point stance.

:roflol: Me and another guy built about 25 new walls for this, and 6 or 7 of them had the lower ports. We told Corey they were built to our wive's specifications. I do apologize for the really low port on stage 8. :devil:

This was a great match. I couldn't have shot any better than I did. No misses, and I shot 95.6% of the points. I guess I need to shoot faster now.

Wow, what a great match! The stages were a lot of fun. Most were straight forward, but it's very easy to get in trouble on wide open targets. Funny how that is. I'm glad to hear that the rest of the stages held up well. I worked stage 1 and we did not have a single reshoot due to the swinger. Forward poppers are what they are, I saw more than one shooter do a double take only to see it SLOWLY falling forward. If it helps, our poppers worked better this match than any previous club match. Much credit to those that had them upgraded prior to the BITB!

Corey and crew put on a heck of a match! I think we even finished 45 minutes ahead of schedule. Dinner served while waiting for final scores, AWESOME!

I want to thank everyone who showed up to shoot this match. Our first year was met with a lot of flack for not offering all divisions. Turns out, two divisions works out pretty well. I believe this match is schedule before nationals on purpose, I'm glad too because I now know I need some practice on plate racks and head shots.

:cheers: Congrats on the win!!

I'm finding lots of links to some very good pictures out there!

http://www.alphashot...bluegrass-day-2

http://www.alphashot...bluegrass-day-1

http://s300.photobuc...uegrass%202012/ Pretty much just my squad, hey my wife took them. Though I think she had some fascination with the Timmerman boys :roflol: Still have another 200 to go also!!

Edited by steel1212