Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting settled down in the new home,

going to break some rust off and shoot a little limited minor.

I may switch out top ends and run an aussie barrel, but we will see.

DSC_0107.jpg

Nice. Glad you are settling in :cheers:

Shadow #2 is back from the refinisher with the nickel boron coating and more or less ready to go. I've still got some work to do to un-F!#% the grittiness caused by the refinish, though.

Shadow #1 is starting to get some "character" marks, so that's cool.

IMG_0345.jpg

Shadow #2 is back from the refinisher with the nickel boron coating and more or less ready to go. I've still got some work to do to un-F!#% the grittiness caused by the refinish, though.

Shadow #1 is starting to get some "character" marks, so that's cool.

IMG_0345.jpg

The nickel at least turned out nice aesthetically. Duo-tone with a slight twist.

The nickel at least turned out nice aesthetically. Duo-tone with a slight twist.

It really did. Trigger isn't bad anymore, 5.9/2.25 w/ the 11.5 main, just a slight bit of grit caused by the frame area that holds the hammer not being smoothed out. Not horrible, but not exactly eerw level smooth either.

Did somebody say Nickel Boron? :devil:

Did yours come out crazy smooth? On Shadow #1, the hammer and trigger bow were done by the same people that did yours, and it was ball bearing smooth. I wasn't all that happy with their CS (long story), and went with another vendor for Shadow #2, and it's quite a bit different. Not all nickel boron coatings are the same, apparently.

Mine came out great. It had to go back for a 2nd time for a different reason; and the vendor's customer service was terrific. My vendor is located in Tennessee.

Did yours come out crazy smooth? On Shadow #1, the hammer and trigger bow were done by the same people that did yours, and it was ball bearing smooth. I wasn't all that happy with their CS (long story), and went with another vendor for Shadow #2, and it's quite a bit different. Not all nickel boron coatings are the same, apparently.

http://czcustom.com/czgripsallongblackarched.aspx

Plus 3M conformable tread tape. After several go arounds, this is now my favorite combination.

What kind of grip is that?

I'm interested how the surface finish progresses with holster and usage wear.

I have a Shadow with IonBond. There is some wear (very small) on the forward part of the frame from holster, and the rails and lock lugs on the slide after 10,000 rounds. I'm not unhappy, but there's always room for improvement. I'm interested in your observations/experiences.

Did someone say Nickel Boron II?

Been meaning to get some pics up but the weather in So FL has not cooperated. So, I tried some indoor shots.

post-29872-134517197934_thumb.jpg

post-29872-134517200427_thumb.jpg

post-29872-134517201888_thumb.jpg

Also done in TN. Frame, slide, and most internals in CeraPlate II. Barrel, guide rod, hammer, and control parts in matte black CeraHide. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (works' fault this time) but certainly is smooth and glass like. This gun had a great start in life as it came from CZC and was worked over by Stuart. I ordered spares, so I have multiple firing pins CeraPlated and multiple slide stop/extractors done in CeraHide.

Just picked up an used Kadet slide that I will also send off for similar treatment. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. Took a little time, but the quality of the work was worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkh

http://czcustom.com/czgripsallongblackarched.aspx

Plus 3M conformable tread tape. After several go arounds, this is now my favorite combination.

I found the tape on 3Ms site. Is it the foil backed tape? Were you able to wrap tape around and under the grip panels? Or just trim at edge of grip? Also, is that clear skater tape on the front and backstrap?

Yes. I trimmed the tape at the edge. Even in this North Texas heat, the tape holds on very well, with nary a movement -- unlike other skateboard tapes I've tried. Given the curvature of my aluminum grips, that's important.

And, yes, those are clear skater tape.

I found the tape on 3Ms site. Is it the foil backed tape? Were you able to wrap tape around and under the grip panels? Or just trim at edge of grip? Also, is that clear skater tape on the front and backstrap?

Edited by justaute

There is wear already. The part(s) of the frame in contact with my Kydex holster is already becoming more "polished" instead of its normal satin finish. Those parts include front of the trigger guard, lower tip of the dust-cover, a bit on the side of the frame.

I'm interested how the surface finish progresses with holster and usage wear.

I have a Shadow with IonBond. There is some wear (very small) on the forward part of the frame from holster, and the rails and lock lugs on the slide after 10,000 rounds. I'm not unhappy, but there's always room for improvement. I'm interested in your observations/experiences.

Edited by justaute

I picked up a CZ P-01 last week...

Got me one o' them, happened to be my first semi-auto pistol. The thing is a champ! My policeman friend kind of sneered at it (it suffers, in his mind, from lack of Glock-ness), but then when he saw how I shot with it, he changed his tune a bit. And then he picked it up and had a right good time with it. Nowadays he is relatively enlightened, embracing the virtues of 1911s and Browning Hi-Powers (while pretending he still likes Glocks).

Been meaning to get some pics up but the weather in So FL has not cooperated. So, I tried some indoor shots.

Also done in TN. Frame, slide, and most internals in CeraPlate II. Barrel, guide rod, hammer, and control parts in matte black CeraHide. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (works' fault this time) but certainly is smooth and glass like. This gun had a great start in life as it came from CZC and was worked over by Stuart. I ordered spares, so I have multiple firing pins CeraPlated and multiple slide stop/extractors done in CeraHide.

Just picked up an used Kadet slide that I will also send off for similar treatment. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. Took a little time, but the quality of the work was worth the wait.

That came out nice!

nice! it looks pretty close to the armor bronze i've been looking at by cerakote. I've got one of their certs and don't know what to do with it.

nice! it looks pretty close to the armor bronze i've been looking at by cerakote. I've got one of their certs and don't know what to do with it.

USE IT!!! :cheers: