Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son had to drop out due to missing work because of the birth of his first child. I let match staff know this might be the case because of the baby's due date. You dropped him from the match, but haven't gotten an answer about a refund by email, so...? Maybe someone would buy the slot instead? Sat pm, Sunday AM. Greg

:) Congrats on the Grandbaby,....spoil them, then send 'em home

Looks like 2 Lim, 4 Open, 5 Prod, 1 Rev as of 5/27/12 Last version I have right now. I think Blake came in after that date so there may be 3 in Lim.

From the self-squadding page it looks like Blake is shooting Open!!! :(

Lol :rolleyes:

It would be nice if they were. With all the high tech scoring going on I am not sure why interim scores are not available.

The match was pretty tough. Shot it in one day on Friday. RO's were friendly and professional, stages were challenging and made you remember things and aim, the match seemed to be fairly well organized, the club has done some great dirtwork in preparation for the match. Good job all around.

I thought that the staff and the facilities were excellent. Every one of the RO's and staff on each stage were great!!

Looks like alot of work went into the club and it looks good. The stages were good, made you use every position, nook, cranny and corner they could come up with to make shots from. They were not afraid of putting up walls to make you go to positions and cut down on the options and made the stages very technical.

Got to shoot the match yesterday, 1 day format. It made for a long day and was worn down by the last couple of the stages. Unfortunately those were stages 2,3 and 4. You had to have your shit together on 2 and 3. 2 went ok, no land speed records, but didn't have any mikes.

Going into stage 3 I had only one mike on the day, after that stage I picked up another one and also picked up a no shoot. I had a pretty good plan on that stage I think, 18 rounds, reload and then finish in the back two positions. I threw a mike on one of the back target and then turned and popped a no shoot.

Ended up with my 3rd mike on the day on one of the targets on the right hand narrow port on stage 4, went in a little hot, ended up pushing off the wall a little and just threw the two shoots in the general direction of the target.

Very well ran match, great staff, challengin stages, great facility all made for another great Area 5 match.

I agree, this is my first area match and I didn't know what to expect. The match is great and the ROs are the best. When I made a stupid mistake and stuck my Barney in my front pocket and got bumped from single stack to open, a really nice RO offered to loan me some 10 round mags so I would be a little less behind the equipment curve. I need to shoot 6 stages tomorrow and am definitely not setting the world on fire, but am having the time of my life. A big thank you to everyone involved in putting the match on.

Had a great time shooting this match. Carvers frozen custard made my day!!!!!! The only good thing about my match was I didn't hit a single no shoot, but the rest sucked. 13 stages In one day is a bear, won't do that again. Thanks to those who worked so hard to put this match on. See you next year in PASA!

I agree, this is my first area match and I didn't know what to expect. The match is great and the ROs are the best. When I made a stupid mistake and stuck my Barney in my front pocket and got bumped from single stack to open, a really nice RO offered to loan me some 10 round mags so I would be a little less behind the equipment curve. I need to shoot 6 stages tomorrow and am definitely not setting the world on fire, but am having the time of my life. A big thank you to everyone involved in putting the match on.

Don't feel bad, I did it.at the single stack nationals, it is a stupid rule

Great match, very diffacult stages. Was having a good match, right up until the DQ :(. Clearing a malfunction, I guess I didn't clear the trigger guard with my finger. So now I get to concentrate exclusively on helping my 11y.o have a good second day.

He had a good match today. Forgot a couple of targets, but with the level of this match, and this being his first big USPSA match, he's doing fine

Great match, very diffacult stages. Was having a good match, right up until the DQ :(. Clearing a malfunction, I guess I didn't clear the trigger guard with my finger. So now I get to concentrate exclusively on helping my 11y.o have a good second day.

He had a good match today. Forgot a couple of targets, but with the level of this match, and this being his first big USPSA match, he's doing fine

Hate to hear that. What stage was it on, out of curiosity?

Glad your boy is out having fun

Had a great time shooting this match. Carvers frozen custard made my day!!!!!! The only good thing about my match was I didn't hit a single no shoot, but the rest sucked. 13 stages In one day is a bear, won't do that again. Thanks to those who worked so hard to put this match on. See you next year in PASA!

I agree. Great match with challenging stages, But hearing you "kids" in your 40's say you were burned near the end made me feel good since I have about 25 years on you. I was draggin about half way through. I wonder how much of a nightmare for the scheduling staff it would be to make all the squads half day squads.

Hey guys,

Sam and I shot yesterday--what a great match! Thanks to all our friends who made it happen. :cheers:

One little scoring glitch--I noticed that Practiscore has me shooting Single Stack Major, when in fact I declared and shot Single Stack Minor. I called Brian Frayne on his cell number to let him know, but it rolled over to voicemail.

So if anybody catches this post today, please make sure that Stats fixes this before the final results are posted, OK?

Thanks,

Mike Carmoney (Competitor 267)

Don't feel bad, I did it.at the single stack nationals, it is a stupid rule

What's the advantage of sticking a mag in your pocket? As long as you don't take mag after beep, no problem. Dumb rule, I agree

I got dinged on the mag in pocket as well on three. I've never shot with a mag in pocket since the mag I keep in my pocket is the one in the gun at the beep. Well, when I went to put my mag in after I chambered my barney I noticed that the mag in my pocket wasn't topped off, put it back in my pocket, and grabbed one off of my belt. I see no competitive advantage to this rule and hope it is wiped from the rule book soon. On a side note, Jim Stinar from S&S Cast did offer his limited rig to me after I was bumped to Open since he wasn't using it due to an injury. I gratefully declined and kept shooting my 1911 just so I could finish all putting 300 plus rounds through it. So to Jim, thanks again and all-in-all I shot well, learned a lot, and look forward to next year...

We shot a state match recently and were told it is ok to use a barney mag in the front pocket, and that the rule forbidding it was changed last year.I always load from the back pocket and have no mags in the front. I do hope this is changed, as I can't see any advantage, as long as the mag is not used to reload during the course of fire.

Edited by pbosik