Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fair Price for STI Eagle

gjeepguy

How about a bit more info?

Does it show holster wear?

How many rounds down the pipe?

Magwell condition?

etc, etc, etc....

Yes to holster wear, almost needs refinishing. Currently blued.

No idea on round count.

STI Magwell added.

2 magazines with dawson base pads.

pix8904416771.jpg

Edited by gjeepguy

$1300 to $1450 depending on round count, how bad you want it, etc. Its a bushing barrel, so legal for IDPA if you would change the magwell to slightly smaller one. Is it a .40?

$1300 to $1450 depending on round count, how bad you want it, etc. Its a bushing barrel, so legal for IDPA if you would change the magwell to slightly smaller one. Is it a .40?

Yeah its in 40... I want something I can use in IDPA and USPSA.

You will need to cut down that magwell, or take it off, or buy a smaller one like the SV for IDPA.

And you will need some 126mm mags for IDPA, to go with the 2 140mm mags for USPSA that come with it.

And judging by the finish, its actually pretty lightly used, it doesn't really look that worn to me. (you should seem mine, its more silver than black.)

Good luck!

The big mag release button needs to be replaced or removed for IDPA.

Thats nothing more than an allen wrench to remove though, right? it can be used with the drilled and tapped hole.

yup

Fair market value (FMV) is an estimate of the market value of a property, based on what a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured buyer would probably pay to a knowledgeable, willing, and unpressured seller in the market. Fair market value differs from the intrinsic value that an individual may place on the same asset based on their own preferences and circumstances.

It's worth exactly what the market will bear. If you are buying it, make an offer. If you are selling it, start higher than you think to provide room for negotiations.

You can mill/grind the sides of the magwell down to fit in the IDPA box, without losing the internal dimensions. :cheers:

@RH45 Do you have a picture of the cut down magwell? I think I have seen one, but cannot find the picture on the forums.

A side by side with an uncut one would be perfect.

You can mill/grind the sides of the magwell down to fit in the IDPA box, without losing the internal dimensions. :cheers:

@RH45 Do you have a picture of the cut down magwell? I think I have seen one, but cannot find the picture on the forums.

A side by side with an uncut one would be perfect.

I'll get my wife, or daughter to take some pictures. I don't own a camera.

I can't give you any pictures of "stock" magwells, I ground down the two I have for my Eagles (.40 and .45)

So the auction ended tonite and I got it for $1250.

I think I got a pretty good deal. Someone tried to up my bid by 25 bucks at the last minute.

We will see how it is next week when it comes in.

Pretty excited. It will be my first 2011, second 1911 style gun.

You got really good deal on this especially if you wanted it now....when I bought my bushing barrel STI .40 new it was over a month wait. Holster wear is no big deal and you got extras hope you enjoy yours like I do mine.

I was the other guy. I was a bit hesitant since I don't really need the gun. You got a great deal. Looks to be in good shape. The Dawson base plates and Brazos mag release button leads me to believe that the owner made reasonable upgrades. You can get great deals when things are sold by pawnshops but it is always a bit of a gamble. You may find there are a ton of internal upgrades...or you may not; either way it was a good deal.

Man bubba... Cost me an extra 50 bucks. Either way I think I got a pretty good deal.

I guess I will be watching the classifieds for some extra mags and belt/holster.

Keep in mind that a holster for a standard 1911 won't work with this gun. It has a square trigger guard.

• 3 weeks later...

well it came in on friday and after a detail strip... it is looking pretty good. The action is smooth as glass with no rattle. The bushing is still tight.

Now I need to find some mags. It came with two 140mm with Dawson pads. I need some more 140mm and some 126mm for IDPA.

I havent had a chance to shoot it yet, but I am really excited to get into some competitions.