Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pleasantly suprised how well my ankle feels without that metal in there. A lot of the stiffness I was getting after not moving it for a few hours all but went away.

I'm not too sure I'm gonna shoot a bunch of Open. Those boys are fast! The thing I disliked the most was not being able to make my stage plans along side my TO squad mates because the lack of shotgun & pistol reloads and the bipod let you do things differently.

I had a great time at the match, regardless of my score. That facility is fantastic! I can't wait for next year, I'll be one of the first to sign up. I really enjoyed the challenges, the natural terrain stages were awesome, and the prize table was top notch. On a side note, smacking a steel target with a rifle at 30 something yards is damn satisfying. :)

A

Great match. Thanks to Spartan Tactical, Jim, Sheldon C, Sheldon B, Sandra, Linda and RO's. Very well run match and amazing stages.

Thanks to the all the sponsers, namely the major match guys Remington, Leupold, and DSG Arms for making it possible.

I will be back again next year......

I was very impressed with everything. The match atmosphere was one of the friendliest I have seen, Jim was great & Sheldon has really earned my respect as a match administrator. Sandara & Julie were in the stats shack doing a great job with #s. I think Julie is going to be the next Spice Girl, "Sassy Spice".

Stage 9 was money.

The hill leading to 8 & 9 should have been a side event "hill climb" requiring rental vehicles only for entry.

The photos from the match are posted here:

http://SpartanTactical.info/gallery/Fallen-Brethren-3-Gun

Here's a compliment to the forum users here as well as the shooters who participated in the FB3Gun this weekend. You guys rock! We've never opened our photo gallery to "user-additions" before. We'll give this a try. If you have some photos that you'd like to add to the official FB3Gun gallery, you may add them at the above address. As long as the photos added are appropriate, we'll welcome additions. Hopefully this will enrich the memories of the event and show those who were unable to attend what they missed.

Thanks in advance for your submissions and we'll keep you updated on the album's progress.

-6-

This match was well run from the top to the bottom. Stages were great, STATS and admin went without a hickup, prize table was on time and organized. This will definitely be on my match list for next year!! My wife had a good time with Sandra doing stats. Thanks Jim for setting this up and taking over from the AMU guys. Jim, need to know some details on some night hog hunting too!! Sounds like a blast.

Was looking at the results. Saw a few DQ's.

It was slippery as heck and there was a bunch of full speed running. Several folks fell down. Several guns jumped out.

We had two on our squad. One pistol fell out while running and the other was a safety bumped off on a 2011 pistol when it was grounded. One RO told us he had two AD's occur during shotgun loading.

Nothing match related that I saw. No 180 traps or crappy dump barrels.

Some (not ALL) of the dropped gun issues had to do with equipment choices. Stages 1, 3 and 4 required \ run, stop, shoot, run, shoot, stop, ground and switch. Running and stopping with guns in a sloppy fitting holsters is a recipe for disaster.

Exactly!!!

These little holster tension knobs from 3 gun stuff are the heat!

http://www.3gunstuff.com/?page_id=263

After I saw a pistol fly out I cranked mine down by hand so much that I couldt get my pistol out when I was told to load and make ready.

I ordered some yesterday!!! I was the guy on Jesse's squad whose pistol beat him to the dump barrel!!! A lesson learned.

I ordered some yesterday!!! I was the guy on Jesse's squad whose pistol beat him to the dump barrel!!! A lesson learned.

You were all about "dumps" this weekend, huh?

hahaha....Damon was the one trying to smoke that thing!!!

also, Gotta say Jim and Sheldon did a great job; Sandra is the best; what an awesome person she is; we're lucky to have her.

Rustin was the epitome of efficiency; it was fun to watch him.

How about this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2kMzXgUwqE&feature=plcp&context=C279d2UDOEgsToPDskIlzzbTGXQAWByDWeYKDDAn

We're adding a 'Testimonial' section to the FB3Gun site. If anyone wants to make any comments there, send us a quick email (Comments@SpartanTactical.com) or post them here on Brian's site with the word 'testify' or such in front of it. We'll cut it and paste it that way too.

We'll have a pretty big announcement to release after SHOT show.

Thanks,

-6-

I wasnt concerned!!! I was just checking to make sure you got that on film!!!! That was epic!!!!

I think the lack if concern was obvious due to the outburst of laughter. That's the 2nd time this year Mike went prone with his pistol. He's getting pretty good at it.

I think the lack if concern was obvious due to the outburst of laughter. That's the 2nd time this year Mike went prone with his pistol. He's getting pretty good at it.

:roflol:

I call that "modified urban prone."

At least this time it wasn't bloody...

Jesse, did you dump your pistol into the 55 gallon bucket on the long range stage!!!! That's brave!

We all did on our squad. They said we had to clear it just in case it got pointed the wrong way or we could set it on a wet barrel on safe. We all opted for a clear and drop.

Just in case..................... what??? Isn't that a DQ??