Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 AR Section Multi Gun match

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another enjoyable AR MG match - my third and hope to be back again next year. Thanks to the guys on Squad 9 - enjoyed hanging out with ya'll. Congrats to all the winners (Jerry, Jesse, and West) - nice shooting gents!! :bow:

Fun stages with a good mix of technical shooting coupled with areas where raw speed ruled; several opportunities to take risks for greater rewards, which I think is very cool.

Thanks to all the sponsors, especially LaRue Tactical who generously supplied the LT-104 certificate that I was lucky enough to win. Springfield Armory and DPMS also stepped up in a big way.

The match even got some positive media coverage by the local news station, including a good interview with Jerry. Kay and Jerry even got the cute lady reporter to shoot a pistol for the first time in her life. Big Time Win!!

http://www.5newsonline.com/

ETA: Go to the middle of the news homepage and scroll through the videos until you see "Top Gun Shooters".

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Favorite quote I overheard: "I wish he would have pulled a 25 auto from his belt so I could have smoked him with my STI" said in regards to an encounter with a punk on the way to the match.

Great match and very fun stages. My first time in Arkansas....I'll be back next year! Should have some videos later today (you won't be impressed!).

I haven't shot a lot of matches to compare it to but this was a fun match. I learned a lot shooting with a great bunch of guys on squad 5! Thanks to the MD/ROs that made it happen and to the Cowboy shooters that let us shoot their guns. I hope to be back next year. Congrats to all the winners! :cheers:

Jesse congratulations on your win in Tactical Optics and I am especially impressed with the designer jeans worn to do so (not ATAS). This may start a trend in TacOps.

James

Lol! I forgot my shooting shirts and hats so I had to go to walmart and buy that sweet Tony Keith cowboy hat you seen on stage 7. I was also for Ed to submit my squad mates to me wearing nothing but an under armor shirt. I was continuously reminded that it was called "Under" Armor for a reason. Lol!!

There are all kinds of matches/stages. For me, one of the best catagories to describe them with is "fun". For Cheryl and me, this match was a 10 out of 10 fun stages. Whether we did good or not, whether our plan worked out or not, we still totally enjoyed every stage.

Thanks to all the staff that spent their time and efforts for our sport.

I'LL BE BACK!!!

I have a couple from our squad I'll get to you tomorrow. I havn't put them on a computer yet.

Awesome please send me the shooters names and the name of whomever took the pictures so credit can be given where credit is due. Thanks!

Will do.

Here is my video if anyone wants to see how fun it is to have to work the action on your rifle a dozen or more times during a match.

Had a great time. Great match and good people. I will definitely be back next year!