Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 AR Section Multi Gun match

Plan for the last weekend in October. Arkansas USPSA Section has set the Section Multi Gun match for October 29 and 30. Last year saw 117 entries, making this one of the best USPSA Multi Gun matches in the country. You'll see some improvements this year. The 300 yard range has been designed to be functional. Might still see some prop guns on a stage or two, but the good news is that the derringer has never been recovered from the bottom of the Arkansas River, where it was thrown in the middle of last year's match.

Debby Pankratz, Multi Gun Director for OFGC, is this year's Match Director, and has some great stages in production process. Couple of new, fun props for stages. Maybe shoot into a cave, and from the sunroof of a limo. Who knows what Deb and her crew will come up with, but you can be assured it will be both fun for all and challenging for everyone.

Entry form is attached, assuming I can make that happen. Form is also available at www.ofgc.org. We are going to use USPSA online squading this year, so get your group together.

More details, including match hotel, with great rates, and sponsors and prize table info will be posted soon.

As an added bonus, the first 1,473 entries will receive FREE parking at the Range. :)

Bruce Bethell

2011 Multigun entry form final.pdf

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yee Haw! All of the 3 Gun matches at Old Fort throughout the year are so much fun. This big match is a must shoot for sure.

Is this match going to be recognized as the Area 4 match or just a state level match? I'm not sure if there is a difference other than making it sound bigger. I'm just curious I guess.

Is this match going to be recognized as the Area 4 match or just a state level match? I'm not sure if there is a difference other than making it sound bigger. I'm just curious I guess.

As a State match they recognized Heavy Metal, now as an Area match they're not. For me, it's definitely different. :angry:

Sorry for the delay in responding to several questions or comments the last couple of days. A local match this weekend, plus having to work every now and then to make the bills.

AREA 4 AFFILIATION: Had some early discussions with Phil Stradder about making this an Area 4 Multi gun match. Everyone just had too much on their plate to put this idea together. Maybe next year.

USPSA MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT: This is a Level II USPSA sanctioned match, and requires USPSA membership to shoot. The cost of USPSA membership is less than the cost of ammo for a local match. Sign up at www.uspsa.org, then enter this match.

ENTER AND PAY NOW OR LATER: You are entered in the match with a paid entry. Last year, we had 117 entries, which is really too many for our range set up and a two day shoot. We may have to put some limits on entries this year. Get you paid entry in early, to guarantee a slot.

HEAVY METAL: USPSA rules require five actual scored shooters to make a Division. For the last 2 or 3 years, we have just barely had enough Heavy Metal shooters to make a Division. We had enough last year only because I made some phone calls a week or 10 days before the match and solicited some people to change to Heavy Metal in order to make a Division. So, for you Heavy Metal shooters, here is the offer. Get together. Commit in advance to shooting Heavy Metal. Get me at least 7 paid entries for Heavy Metal before September 20, 2011, which is about 40 days before the match. If we get these entries, we'll email everyone and let them know that Heavy Metal is a recognized Division. If we don't get enough entries to make a Division, we'll give everyone the option of other Divisions. If you enter for Heavy Metal, let us know Limited or Tactical. If we can't make both Limited and Tactical Divisions, but can make one, we'll let you know to pull the optics, oil up the pump gun, and everyone will shoot Heavy Metal Limited. Keep in mind that if we don't score at least 5 shooters in Heavy Metal, those shooters get put into Open for scoring purposes.

Thanks for the inquires. Keep them coming. We'll do our best to accommodate.

Bruce

Keep in mind that if we don't score at least 5 shooters in Heavy Metal, those shooters get put into Open for scoring purposes.

Bruce

Not trying to be argumentative (actually, it's just natural), but why would I have to shoot in Open class with my Limited guns?

and YES, my HML app will be in the mail next week. michael

Keep in mind that if we don't score at least 5 shooters in Heavy Metal, those shooters get put into Open for scoring purposes.

Bruce

Not trying to be argumentative (actually, it's just natural), but why would I have to shoot in Open class with my Limited guns?

If Heavy Metal doesn't make a Division, we'll give you options, per outline in the above post. If you don't declare otherwise, the RM can put you in a suitable Division. Open Division is default if you start the match without declaring. Look at Rule 6.2.5. and sub's. Look forward to receiving your HM entry, and hopefully enough will follow to make it happen.

Bruce

Bruce

If Heavy Metal doesn't make a Division, we'll give you options, per outline in the above post. If you don't declare otherwise, the RM can put you in a suitable Division. Open Division is default if you start the match without declaring. Look at Rule 6.2.5. and sub's. Look forward to receiving your HM entry, and hopefully enough will follow to make it happen.

Bruce

Ther are 2 of us out of OK. gonna shoot HM Iron sights

Edited by curly

• 4 weeks later...

My application will hit the mail Monday morning along with my FB3G application and Texas State Carbine Championship. I've never been to Arkansas and I'm really looking forward to the trip! These matches have been a great way for me to explore the southern US. Trapr's match outside OK city was great and I can't waith to check out Arkansas and Corpus this fall.

Ben

I see the self squadding page is up on the USPSA site but I don't see my name. I hope my app arrived alive?

Did you get the email with your PIN? I sent my ap in 2 weeks ago and got the squadding email last night.

Edited by prreed10

I see the self squadding page is up on the USPSA site but I don't see my name. I hope my app arrived alive?

Did you get the email with your PIN? I sent my ap in 2 weeks ago and got the squadding email last night.

I sent in my app 2 months ago and got my email last night also. Great time last year! Hope to shoot a little better and have even more fun this year!!

Jim M

My app is on it's way. Hope to get my pin email soon.

Prreed10- Maybe You, Goose, Jeff, and I can ride together from LR? Are you going to shoot the Gator Classic the weekend before?

I'm sure we can work that out.

No Gator for me - maybe next year.

No pin email for me. I need to see if my check was cashed.

Jesse, I'm not showing your entry, but mail from OK to here is sometimes a little slow. I have not checked mail this weekend. A Post-It note has been left for the Chairwoman of the Registration Department (my secretary) to send you an email if the entry is not here Monday.

Bruce

Stages have been finalized and sent to the Arkansas Section Coordinator for final review, then to USPSA for final approval. They will be posted here soon. Ten stages, and the 302 total round count looks like this: Handgun, 105; rifle, 110; Birdshot, 82; slugs, 5. Longest rifle shot is 300 yards, the max our Range will accommodate.

The good news is that you'll see two prop guns. The even better news is both are new to our matches. I've dredged the Arkansas River, and still can't find the derringer from last year. One of the hammers on the Coach Gun was a little loose, so one of the CRO's (Clay won't admit it, but...) fixed it with some LockTite and a welding rod.

Shaping up into another fun match.

Bruce