Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9 Pro - Ammo OAL?

Pro2AInPA

What OAL are you guys loading your ammo to for your M&P 9 Pros?

I am currently loading my 147gr loads to 1.135".

However, I had a bunch of minor ammo for my open gun along with me at the range, loaded to 1.170", and decided to try it in the M&P. Wouldn't you know, it fit the mags fine and functioned perfectly. I never would have guessed ammo that long would have functioned in the M&P . . .

What OAL are you guys loading your ammo to for your M&P 9 Pros?

I am currently loading my 147gr loads to 1.135".

However, I had a bunch of minor ammo for my open gun along with me at the range, loaded to 1.170", and decided to try it in the M&P. Wouldn't you know, it fit the mags fine and functioned perfectly. I never would have guessed ammo that long would have functioned in the M&P . . .

The round nose ammo gets loaded out to about 1.150. I've been using up some old Winchester 147 FMJTC, loaded to 1.120.

I seem to be stuck with the 1.135" COL for almost all my 9mm loads. Runs good in the Spartan, XD, XDm, and the M&P 9 Pro. Just checked out some 147's loaded at 1.140 with Solo 1000 (1st time I've used it) and had outstanding results.

It depends on the bullet profile. I use the precision black bullets (flat points) and have to load them short (1.105") so the rifling doesn't get engaged. This is in various 9mm M&P's with factory barrels.

It depends on the bullet profile. I use the precision black bullets (flat points) and have to load them short (1.105") so the rifling doesn't get engaged. This is in various 9mm M&P's with factory barrels.

This. I have been able to load the Precision 147's to 1.115 without it touching the rifling, but try to keep it around 1.110. Precision Delta 147's I load at 1.140.

I can load them a little longer than that, I have to check my notes at home, but I think it's 1.120. 1.135 was definitely too long.

• 1 month later...