Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

Anyone else doing anything special to honor our Vets during the match? Please post pics now or after the match.

The Asiatic Pacific Campaign medal in my previous pic was my Grandfather's Colonel Joe F. "Big Daddy" Bourn Sr.

HCT_556 asked me to post this for him.

cfw.JPG

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did we ever get a final count on WWII division entries? I know a few of the pros had to back out due to 3GN points, but I'm sure there's at least a few Garand shooters left, right?

DanO

There are right around 30 WWII division competitors.

Get'em DanO......PINGGGGGGGGG............

Anyone else doing anything special to honor our Vets during the match? Please post pics now or after the match.

I'll be wearing my Grandfather's dog tags.

Edited by prreed10

Anyone else doing anything special to honor our Vets during the match?

I just got a "high and tight" haircut. :blush:

Not being a Smart ass, but there is not much WWII history in my family. I have some old papers that my great grandfather signed that he would not fight against the Union Army any more. After that everyone was a barber, or pharmacist.

Can't wait to go though, I have the highest respect for our service men and women!

I heard there is over 400 shooting this weekend. Hope it does not go into monday morning.

Yeah. Seems like I remember reading that it was limited to ~300 & change, but couldn't find the post here when I went back and looked. I could be wrong...I frequently am.

I would bet on the AR-15.com pro-am in Kentucky, 500 shooters.

With RO match, Texas Multigun will be close to 500. And, you could say that the Brownells/AR15 match is really 2 matches, Pro and Am, co-located the same weekend, because there are separate courses of fire. :sight:

Our monthly matches try concepts to get ready for the Big Match (as I call it). Considering LaRue (maker of steel targets) is the main sponsor, there will not be as much paper to tape (although we are grateful to MGM who supplied the 3GN cardboard targets). Well except for that high round count pistol stage, and that is all pistol distances. So reset should be fast, but I should remind that we do expect all participants to help on the reset.

My mom has my dad's stuff, ribbons, chevrons, medal. I forgot to ask her for it on the last visit, and I would not risk it to the mail.

If I can find my Dad's Captan's bars, I'll wear them. Although my Dad didn't serve in WWII, like most men of age at that time, he tried to enlist after December 7, 1941. Having just graduated from medical school, the government denied his request to serve............but 9 years later, they saw fit to draft him ...and send him to Korea.

Edited by The Happy Gila

f) Not more than nine rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage, unless otherwise

stipulated in the stage briefing

Am I reading this right that guys in tactical have to starrt with 9 rounds but may load more after the buzzer. Thanks this question is for a friend of mine.

pat

Regarding the FAQs...

Is that just no sight pictures with a preloaded shotgun, which makes sense... or no sight pictures at all even with an empty gun to make sure I can see my dot? That is going to be a hard habit to break!!! Every time I draw my pistol I take a sight picture.

Is taking an extra aimed shot after a hit considered "round dumping"? Like if I load 3 slugs for two targets, but actually get the two hits first... then I must transition to birdshot targets. Can I just shoot that extra 3rd slug? In other words, will I get a DQ for taking an aimed shot with a slug at a slug target that I have already hit?

Thanks,

-Randy

RULES FAQ just added to the website.

Please read it, along with the rules.

http://texasmultigun.com/txmg/faq_rules

http://texasmultigun.com/Media/Default/Page/2012-TXMG%20CHAMP%20RULES-Rev5.pdf

Since non-IPSC paper targets are being used, it would be worthwhile to clarify the rules or at least add to the FAQ. There are only 2 perforated circles on the match targets, with considerably more excess paper outside the outer scoring ring than on an IPSC target. That may cause some confusion to anyone just working off the rules. Just a suggestion.

Regarding the FAQs...

Is that just no sight pictures with a preloaded shotgun, which makes sense... or no sight pictures at all even with an empty gun to make sure I can see my dot? That is going to be a hard habit to break!!! Every time I draw my pistol I take a sight picture.

Is taking an extra aimed shot after a hit considered "round dumping"? Like if I load 3 slugs for two targets, but actually get the two hits first... then I must transition to birdshot targets. Can I just shoot that extra 3rd slug? In other words, will I get a DQ for taking an aimed shot with a slug at a slug target that I have already hit?

Thanks,

-Randy

No sight pictures even with an empty gun. You may briefly check your dot while muzzle pointed down (no higher than low ready), but sight pictures will slow down the match too much.

Extra aimed shot at a target designated for the type of projectile you are shooting is not "round dumping". The reason for the rule is safety, so an extra aimed shot does not pose a safety risk.

Here is the rule for round "Dumping":

1.9.2 Unloading any firearm in an unsafe manner or willfully discharging any firearm while not engaging a target,

or for the sole purpose of unloading any firearm, prior to grounding, will result in an event disqualification.

Example: Firing any rounds in any firearm, after all targets have been engaged for that particular firearm,

before grounding.

Extra aimed shot at a target designated for the type of projectile you are shooting is not "round dumping". The reason for the rule is safety, so an extra aimed shot does not pose a safety risk.

Thanks for the clarification. The only time I have ever heard of a "round dumping" rule is from IDPA, and it has absolutely nothing to do with safety...

:cheers:

-Randy

I'm not bringing anything to honor the Vets in my family but I'd like to honor them here.

Charles Peek Sr. my grandfather, veteran or several island landings, Bougainville being the biggest. A Marine and a man I always looked up to.

Tony Hosaka my other grandfather. US Paratrooper who served in an intelligence unit during the occupation of Japan. Originally assigned to the 442nd but was kept stateside, to train for occupation, when they found out he spoke Japanese.

2 of my Grandmother's brothers are veterans of Japan's military. One Army one Navy, If I remember right.

To my grandfathers and all the other US vets of the Pacific, thank you :cheers:

Regarding the FAQs...

Thanks,

-Randy

I'm not a match official but I shot at the RO match. On sight pictures, the idea is to avoid people sighting at various distances and slowing things up. Checking that your dot is on isn't a problem. Standing around trying to see what a long range target looks like through your scope while your squad is waiting on you is. There are just too many shooters to move through to let everyone take the time to do that. I can assure you that even at the RO match with smaller squads, we were not allowed to take sight pictures on the far targets - although I sure would have liked to! :)

The way it was explained at the RO match was that obvious round dumping will get you in trouble. If you take a legitimate consecutive aimed shot at a target that has not fallen yet or a FAST target that you were uncertain you hit, that's OK. If the target has fallen and you're just shooting over the top of it, that's round dumping. Several of us on my RO squad just quickly ejected any extra slugs or buckshot.

http://texasmultigun.com/txmg/faq_rules

http://texasmultigun.com/Media/Default/Page/2012-TXMG%20CHAMP%20RULES-Rev5.pdf

Since non-IPSC paper targets are being used, it would be worthwhile to clarify the rules or at least add to the FAQ. There are only 2 perforated circles on the match targets, with considerably more excess paper outside the outer scoring ring than on an IPSC target. That may cause some confusion to anyone just working off the rules. Just a suggestion.

Check rule 7.5

7.5 When a 3-Gun Nation Rifle and Pistol Target is specified as a shoot target:

7.5.1 For Open, Limited, and Tactical Divisions, the 3GN target must have either one (1) ”Center” hit in the 8”

circle OR have (2) hits anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty.

(a) Only one (1) hit on the cardboard and NO scoring hit in the 8” center circle is a 5 second penalty.

(B) Target engaged with no hits is a 10 second penalty.

7.5.2 For Heavy Tactical Division,

(a) A designated rifle target must have one (1) hit anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty. Target

engaged with no hits is a 10 second penalty

(B) A designated pistol target must have either one (1) ”Center” hit in the 8” circle OR have (2) hits anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty. Only one (1) hit on the cardboard and NO scoring hit in the 8” center circle is a 5 second penalty.

7.5.3 For WW2 Division, the 3GN target must have (1) hit anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty.

(a) Target engaged with no hits is a 10 second penalty.

7.5.4 Target Not Engaged (TNE) penalty is the same as for IPSC targets.

Check rule 7.5

7.5.1 For Open, Limited, and Tactical Divisions, the 3GN target must have either one (1) ”Center” hit in the 8”

(a) Only one (1) hit on the cardboard and NO scoring hit in the 8” center circle is a 5 second penalty.

(a) A designated rifle target must have one (1) hit anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty. Target

(B) A designated pistol target must have either one (1) ”Center” hit in the 8” circle OR have (2) hits anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty. Only one (1) hit on the cardboard and NO scoring hit in the 8” center circle is a 5 second penalty.

7.5.3 For WW2 Division, the 3GN target must have (1) hit anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty.

Crud, I missed that! :)

Edited by AustinMike

http://texasmultigun.../txmg/faq_rules

http://texasmultigun...0RULES-Rev5.pdf

Check rule 7.5

7.5.1 For Open, Limited, and Tactical Divisions, the 3GN target must have either one (1) "Center" hit in the 8"

(a) Only one (1) hit on the cardboard and NO scoring hit in the 8" center circle is a 5 second penalty.

(B) A designated pistol target must have either one (1) "Center" hit in the 8" circle OR have (2) hits anywhere on the cardboard to avoid penalty. Only one (1) hit on the cardboard and NO scoring hit in the 8" center circle is a 5 second penalty.

I've just revised the FAQ to include a note pointing to that section:

3GN CARDBOARD TARGETS
: Review Section 7.5 of the main rules document (
) for information on how Texas Multigun scores these new targets. Essentially, target is scored using the 8" inner circle and "the rest of the target", ignoring the larger 17.25" circle.

Anyone know how many shooters in Irons (limited) division???

I read the rules but it is unclear if I can use a non-magnifying optic and backup iron sights. Can I use standard irons co-witnessed with a 1x optic?

Thanks!

f) Not more than nine rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage, unless otherwise

stipulated in the stage briefing

Am I reading this right that guys in tactical have to starrt with 9 rounds but may load more after the buzzer. Thanks this question is for a friend of mine.

pat

So can we load past the div capacity after the buzzer or not?