Bar-Sto Barrel from Apex Tactical preview pic

Shenaniguns

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wilkenstein is correct. We are not keeping a waiting list for the barrels. That's the most fair we we could come up with to figure out who gets barrels.

We will be posting on our newsletter and Blog about their release once they arrive here from Bar-Sto, but until then, we have no more information on their release.

Scott @ Apex

Maybe I will get a Bar-Sto for the next M&P, just could not wait any longer and got a KKM.

Let us know how it works out for you! :cheers:

What are you putting it in? :surprise:

Put the KKM in an M&P 9Pro, ran it at RM3G and it ran 100%. Cut my group sizes by about 70% at 25 yards.

I found the same results with the KKM in a M&P9 fullsize, Apex Dcaek, 10-8 rear, Trijicon front.

This was at 25 yards-

DSCN1098.jpg

As soon as the Apex Barsto barrels are out, I will get one to try. So far though, I have been very happy with the KKM.

Edited by Dog1

• 1 month later...

Okay, well, center to center, 4 shots out of 5, to me is a reasonable measurement considering it wasn't shot from a ransom rest.

According to Ayoob, 3 out of 5 shots is a reasonable estimate of the capability of a pistol.

Okay, well, center to center, 4 shots out of 5, to me is a reasonable measurement considering it wasn't shot from a ransom rest.

According to Ayoob, 3 out of 5 shots is a reasonable estimate of the capability of a pistol.

5 shot groups are more the norm. Not saying you can not try multiple groups, but flyers are part of the issue when we are looking at lock-up and repeatability issues with a platform. Never seen anyone use Ayoob as the standard for accuracy either...

$230 is what a BarSto barrel costs, I don't know why they charge more then everyone else but they are great barrels. I would love a KKM but the only M&P barrels they sell are drop in and I’d rather pay $230 for a barrel that can be correctly fit then $180 for one that might work. I do not want to play the drop in barrel game again, been there done that. Until someone else makes an oversized gunsmith fit barrel BarSto is the only game in town. I was thrilled when Randy said that the underlugs are also oversized, a lot of Glock oversized barrels only have you fit the hood so you don’t get the full benefit of a custom fit barrel. I just hope we will not get teased for another year.

Thanks, Ryan

Edited by ryan45kim

Nither Storm Lake nor KKM offer oversized gunsmith fit barrels for sale to the general public. I started emailing both companies more then two years ago asking them if they planed to offer oversized barrels. KKM responded by saying that they want to make a gunsmith fit M&P barrel but are just too busy to develop one now. After a year of getting that same response I just gave up. Storm Lake did not respond. The fact is no company offers an oversized barrel for the M&P that you can buy at this time. There is one place selling fitted Storm Lake barrels but they won’t sell you one unless they fit it. I would buy an over sized KKM instantly I’ve had great results with there barrels but I do not want a drop in barrel. I’m glad you had good results with you’re drop in but that has not been my experience with them. e
Edited by ryan45kim

So called gunsmith fit barrel is not going to turn an M&P into a 1911. Lots of other issues with the pistol that a barrel alone is not going to correct. I doubt there will be much difference between the bar-sto and the other aftermarket drop in barrels. And I'm not bashing bar-sto's stuff. I have their barrels in numerous 1911s chambered in 9mm, .40 and .45. And I've built quite a few guns with them over the years.