Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Shorts

hankfan79

Does anyone know of some shorts that have a magazine (pistol) pocket in the front?

I like the 5.11's but I am having a difficult time finding my size due to closeouts on the web.

Does anyone have another brand to recommend? I have read about hte TruSpecs but I don't think they have a front mag pocket.

Looking for the best deal as well.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I considered this GEAR.

Thanks

check out blackhawks web site they have some cool shorts

Didn't see a LA POLICE brand shorts (only 5.11) and Blackhawk has 2 kinds and they are really expensive.

Edited by hankfan79

Just remember not to use those front pockets if you are shooting is USPSA Production or Single stack divisions. wink.gif

Why not? I use them to hold my LOAD magazine.

Barney mags are ok.

After that, they must be behind the hip bone...

Just remember not to use those front pockets if you are shooting is USPSA Production or Single stack divisions. wink.gif

Why not? I use them to hold my LOAD magazine.

Barney mags are ok.

After that, they must be behind the hip bone...

That's what mag pouches are for. :cheers:

I have been surfing for almost an hour and can't find anything (well, that doesn't rape you on shipping)

I know you are looking for a spacific feature but I like the Tru Specs because they have a cell phone pocket on the left thigh. Perfect mag pocket and my hand falls right to it when I'm ready to load. CPWSA is only $5 to ship a pair.

I was just looking at those. It seems that Sportsmans Guide has them for $19.97 a pair. I am trying to confirm they are the same shorts. I trust CPWSA and order from them all the time but if I can save some dough...I will.

Try googling "woolrich elite tactical series".

I have a pair of their shorts on right now.

they have a pocket on each side on the front of the thigh. the pockets are ideal for a cell phone, a pack of gum, or your barney mag.

the shorts are made out that rip stop nylon material.

what I like about them is they have a 6 inch inseam versus the 9 inch plus inseam you would find on say cargo shorts from Old Navy. Uggg...not too many things more aggravating than a "cuff" hanging up on your knees.

anywhooo...the woolrich ones are available in tan, green, and black.

they were a sponsor at the 2007 IDPA Nat's and probably gave at least 100 bucks worth of their clothes to each SO.

for that...they rock! :cheers:

EOTAC is another brand to consider. Several suppliers were having closeouts on ebay over the last several weeks. I picked up a few pairs for less than $15 shipped :surprise:

Looks like one pair of 34s for $13 shipped others in the $35 range.

Which ones are you looking at? I dont see any branded Tru-Spec..

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/1/1/42295-tru-spec-24-7-series-cotton-tactical-shorts.html

While not Tru-Spec, I also like these. They also have the mag pocket I am looking for.

https://www.bdudirect.com/p-1293-mens-lightweight-tactical-shorts-poly-cotton-ripstop-khaki-f5233.aspx

Edited by hankfan79

Go with Chris Patty...CPWSA.COM

I have the TRU-SPEC pants and shorts and they are AWESOME. Great quality/price/selection. Chris is a great guy and shipps super fast!!

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

Walmart carries Wrangler cargo shorts (and pants) that have an xtra pocket on the left perfect for starting mag.... $14.50.

10-4 only I got mine on sale for $9.99. I already shoot open so no problem loading from any pocket.

I just got 2 more pairs of EoTac's - I really like these. Lightweight, no bulky cargo pockets to add weight, big openings on the front pockets for tac loads, and small pockets up front for barney mags/timer/phones. Too bad- I hear EoTac is gone.

I got mine from nyironworks.com. $25 a pair - free ship for $50 or more. They were the only place that had my size in khaki. I also got a Black pair for $15 from Botach.

I also have a pair of the Woolrich - comfortable as well, but a little heavier.

I did a google search for 5.11 last year. I purchased 5 or 6 pairs from a variety of vendors. I have short legs so I like the old Academy style with a 6 inch inseam. I probably purchased all the closeouts that were left.

I will be looking for some replacements shorts soon. I thought Dillon has some Sig shorts for sale that looked pretty good.

+1 for LA Police Gear!

Edited by pjb45