Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Checking USPSA website

I hope with the site being down that they delayed the update process by a couple of days just to give the system a chance to catch up on classifiers shot this past weekend that could not be entered due to the site being down.

How soon after the 10th of the month do you start checking for updates? :blush:

Actually the 9th. :rolleyes:

I'm on the computer all day for work....takes me seconds to go over to uspsa.org and check. I know it happens after the 10th, but hey, you never know.

They have a thing on the top of their page saying classifiers will be a week late because of the outage. Remember, clubs could not upload their results either. Our club shoots the second Sunday, and depending on the calendar, we have to get our results done Sunday night, or the shooters wait the whole month before they get updated.

Tom

They have a thing on the top of their page saying classifiers will be a week late because of the outage. Remember, clubs could not upload their results either. Our club shoots the second Sunday, and depending on the calendar, we have to get our results done Sunday night, or the shooters wait the whole month before they get updated.

Tom

It doesn't actually say a week late, it says early next week. The deadline for submissions is being extended from the 10th to the 12th. (which is tomorrow)

I'm assuming they might normally have had the update ready by this Friday (the 13th) since the 15th is a Sunday and this weekends SSN, but now it will happen sometime early next week (16th, 17th, etc.)

My first classifier scores will be going in this month. I sure am glad to have a match to shoot this weekend so I don't keep looking and hopeing that they get put up. According to classifiercalc I should have 1B 2C and 3D from last weekends special. I shot a couple matches last fall but these will be my first scores since joining USPSA. Would the B and the D get averaged to get a C classifaction?

Add up the percentages of the 6 and divide by 6. Your best 6 will count so if they were all shot at the same time then you will get the average of those 6. The 7th one will then count as long as it is within the range of your new classification. ie If you do get classified as a C then anything above a 35% will count towards your classification.

Edited by Poppa Bear

On one hand you would think itd be good to update before a nationals to ensure people are shooting a current class. On the other hand, if they wait until after the Nationals, any match bumps can take effect immediately. :unsure:

As for the question, I usually check it on the 13th or 14th. I too am on a computer most of the day so its not going out of my way to check it.