Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals - Waitlist

BritinUSA

Does it take a while for the info to show up on the classifier page? I had an email saying i was number 4 on the Limited/Production list but don't see anything on the classifier page yet.

Mine updated almost immediately from when i signed up on the waitlist. I am #2 Limited/production so you may want to check and make sure that it went through.

Thanks, I have Kim looking into it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Boudrie would probably know the answer to that, maybe he'll chime in.

Actually, I never tracked that detail - I just set the waitlist up for USPSA HQ and let them worry about processing it.

Does it take a while for the info to show up on the classifier page?

No, it's instant, but you have to refresh the page. It could be a browser cache issue. Your record is written to the waitlist database before the system asks your for $$, so you can take your time typing in your credit card number.

I checked on one "not on the classification page" report, and found the person was in the database, and on the classification page, correctly - so I assume it was stale browser data.

So i have never tried to get a slot until this year so i was wondering. Do they update us to like when slots are becoming available or is it more or less just a "Hurry up and wait" situation?

Just wondering if there is a certain day that they start saying "ok these people we sent Slots to haven't responded so let's start giving them out"?

Thx for any info

The suspense is killing me

NEVERMIND! i got this off the USPSA-Nationals website. right after i posted my last message LOL

"Slots have been mailed

Slots for the USPSA Handgun Nationals have left the building. If you are expecting a slot, please be on the lookout. Make sure you return the completed form with payment promptly. This will ensure that your spot is reserved! Slots not returned to HQ by the deadline, May 23rd, will be voided and issued to those on the wait list. Once a slot is voided it cannot be redeemed so be sure to get yours in right away. Thanks for your cooperation and we'll see you on the range!

Posted to Nationals ¤ March 07, 2011"

So by that we wait till the 23rd and then slots should start showing up to us YAY! just 5 more days

Edited by Obiareus

Last year I got an email saying I was awarded a slot. Along with the email, my member page on USPSA stated the same with a link where I could go and pay for my slot.

It might be a little later than the 23rd. They have to process the slots that were turned down and any other slots that haven't been redeemed.

so here is a good subject for this forum.

What is the highest and lowest number you have ever been on the waitlist and gotten a slot, and what years were they ? i will start with mine #2 - 2011(my first year doing this)

I believe the deadline for return of the earned slots that have been mailed out is May 23 - which means that USPSA still doesn't know exactly how many slots they will be able to offer on the waitlist. They are issued on a rolling basis as opening become available - slots issued but not returned; people on the waitlist declining a slot; registered competitors cancelling; etc.

Contact USPSA HQ is you have a problem with your PIN.

Yep, the folks that received slots for performance at Nationals, Area matches, and slots awarded to the local clubs are due back on May 23. Some people will return their slots unused, some people will forget. This is what will allow people in on the waitlist. The number is different every year. Sometime after May 23rd, normally a week or two there will be a big move on the waitlist as the unused slots are tallied and the match openings are determined. After that it will slow to a trickle as people drop out, waitlist slots expire unused etc. The lower your number the better your chances of getting in. But I would be pretty confident in that first 60 of getting a slot. It also depends on which match. One will have more demand and more people will have signed up for it.

Short answer, there is no set number of people that will be allowed in on the waitlist, that's why they open it to as many people as want to sign up.

argh...I am # 62,....hope the IPSC/USPSA god of thunder and lightning grant me asylum at Vegas! LOL

My wife has plans for me in Vegas,..apparently we are renewing our vows at the Elvis Church if I get a slot! LOL....OMG.It is also my birthday on september 21st!

Hello: If you are number 2 on the list you will be going. Last year I was number 173 and got in for the Production,Limited and revolver nationals. It went from 173 to 90 something them 50 and then I was in. This year I am number 74 and 83. I hope it happens again this year :cheers: Thanks, Eric