Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More Slide ride battery

ChopperDoc

CR 1/3 N Battery. Your local Radio Shack should have them, if not...

do yourself a favor and avoid radio shack for these. i paid $26 for 2 of them since i needed them right away. went home and started looking on the internet and found them cheaper...everywhere.

and then i heard about something even better. get 2 AG13 (1.55 volt) batteries and sandwich them together...and they work just fine. i got 120 of them on ebay for $14...including shipping.

Be VERY careful with the bulk batteries available on eBay. A lot of them are seconds from China which have been know to rupture installed and uninstalled and generally making a mess.

You can avoid some of the cost of 1/3 N batteries if you want, by stacking two LR44 or equivalent batteries. However, I am now using true SR44 batteries... Silver Oxide... they a re a bit more expensive than the LR44 but they last a lot longer and they have a nokinal voltage that is about 3.1vdc vs. 3.0vdc... a little brighter without danger of damage, and the SR44 is much better suited to the constant low-current drain of the C-More.

If you must use the 1/3N, then find the multi-pack on Medic Batteries... it's like 6 or so in a round plastic container.... Duracells. it's the best deal i've ever found on the true name brand 1/3N

CR 1/3 N Battery. Your local Radio Shack should have them, if not...

CPWSA

scroll down the bottom...

My Radio Shack wanted double the cost of a DuraCell 1/3 N at the local electronics shop here in town.:angry2: Needless to say I didn't buy them at RadShack.

Pat

Walmart has the Duracell 357 batteries in 3 packs for $5. You have to stack two of them together but it's nice to be able to pick up batteries on the way to a match when you find your dot has been left on.

• 2 years later...

I buy mine at Fry's Electronics near my house. They are Energizer brand and cost $3.97 each if I remember right. I do remember that they are just under 4 bucks.

+1 Frys has them for $4 each. They also have Duracell 1/3n

Thanks for sharing!

Walmart has the Duracell 357 batteries in 3 packs for $5. You have to stack two of them together but it's nice to be able to pick up batteries on the way to a match when you find your dot has been left on.

Yep, this battery is easy to find and I've been using them for several years. 357's.

• 1 month later...