Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Competition Sight Set need help on G34

glockstan

I've installed Sevigny Competition Sight Set with fiber optic front on my Glock 34 (this is a fix rear sight, not adjustable) looks at the picture below, should I move the rear sight to the right or left to center POI on target, please help, some peoples said moved the rear sight go to the right and other said moved to the left, any suggestions. Thank you

Sightinsample.jpg

Are you sure it's the sights?? Have you let anyone else shoot it ? I used to shoot to the left constantly like picture 1 and would comprise by attaining a sight picture like picture 2. My sights weren't off, it was poor support hand grip and trigger control. Just a thought before you start moving parts around.

Are you sure it's the sights?? Have you let anyone else shoot it ? I used to shoot to the left constantly like picture 1 and would comprise by attaining a sight picture like picture 2. My sights weren't off, it was poor support hand grip and trigger control. Just a thought before you start moving parts around.

Thanks, good thought, will find out this weekend cuz of me or the sight....

You move the rear sight in the direction you want the impacts to go.

It is true, though, that many folks, including those with a lot of time behind the trigger, find they need to move the RS off to the right to center up the hits. That includes yrs truly.

As many have said, the whole "left (and usually low)" thing is usually the shooter. Was for me.

Anyway if you get down to moving the site, it's FORS. When adjusting sites its Front Opposite Rear Same.

ditto. I had the same problem when I first installed the DS sights and started shooting the glock after shooting a 1911 . Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire- 2 monhts ( 5days/ week 30-45 mins/ day). I am now hitting POA . Still dry firing 5 days / week sometimes everyday.

Edited by bulm540

Is the rear sight about even in the slide? If it is then its probably an issue with your grip. Some of our less able shooters have to drift their rear sight quite a bit off center to compensate for grip or other errors to get centered hits.

As many have said, the whole "left (and usually low)" thing is usually the shooter. Was for me.

Anyway if you get down to moving the site, it's FORS. When adjusting sites its Front Opposite Rear Same.

This.

make sure its not you first, try shooting off a bench and rest (range bag). To adj. POI on any firearm always move the rear sight the direction you want the bullets to go and front sight, not possible on a Glock, in the opposite direction you want the bullets to go.

I just added the same sights to my Glock 34, and found the exact same findings as you. I took it to a range and did some slow fire with three different types of ammo, and had the same result, all to the left. I have now moved the sights further to the right, and it is finally hitting at my aimpoint. Hopefully you will have the same results.

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for all your suggestions, I will find out this weekend, going to local match and shoot it off the bench also have some of my friends try to shoot the gun and go from there. Thanks

• 11 months later...

This is interesting as I have to do the same by pushing my sight to the right. I do have a lot of trigger time and I wonder why it is this way. I have a pair of Heine straight 8's on my duty 17 and it is really pushed right. I wonder what the technical reason for this is if you have alot of time behind a glock trigger.

Think of it this way: You're not moving the sights, you're moving the gun relative to the sights. Imagine the sights are anchored in space and you're pivoting the gun on the front sight. In your case, you want to move the point of impact to the right, so the rear of the gun moves left relative to the rear sight. If, for example, you wanted to raise the point of impact, you move the rear of the gun down which means you would need a taller rear sight.

That's how I think of it.

Some of our less able shooters have to drift their rear sight quite a bit off center to compensate for grip or other errors to get centered hits.

To use the term "less able shooters" is kind of insulting, no? ;)

I have the same issue as do many other glock shooters. I have my rear sight offset to the right somewhat to compensate.

It is true, though, that many folks, including those with a lot of time behind the trigger, find they need to move the RS off to the right to center up the hits. That includes yrs truly.

I find that when I crank up the speed, I tend to pull a little left. I'm not sure what it is about the Glock trigger that gets me doing this. I shoot double-action revolvers and single-action autos much more consistently (in that when I shoot "too fast" for my skill level and accuracy goes down, the groups open up but stays centered). Glocks on the other hand seems to end up left... not sure why.

I find the easiest solution is to move the rear sight a little right. It's just how I choose to deal with it. Guess I'm just another "less able" shooter. :roflol:

Out of curiosity, is this a Gen4 gun?

All 3 of my Gen4 guns shot 3" left at 20Y with the rear sight centered in the dovetail. My late 2011 Gen3 gun has the same issue.

All 3 of the 9mm Gen4 Glocks I've shot hit dead center at 20Y. If all of your Glocks mysteriously have this odd POI issue, that pretty much guarantees it's a software problem...

Measure the rear sight with a set of calipers and something really flat to measure it against. Make sure the calipers are at the same angle when you measure. If they're off, then you might have a problem. If not, it's a software issue.

Good luck... I know this stuff can be frustrating

I have this exact sight set & when I started shooting my target looked like yours. After taking Mike Seeklander's Competition Handgun Training Course and learning proper trigger control & grip my shots started to go into the center ... until I started not executing the proper grip & trigger pull he taught me ... at which point they all went center left again. When I first started I would shoot an entire training session (~200 rds) & every round would be in the A zone or C center left. I'm no GM & have only shot 4 competitons but I'm willing to bet one month's retirement pay that if your sights were installed by a Glock Armorer & your barrel isn't bent (or something else weird) your sights are fine. It's something in the mechanics of how you are executing the firing cycle. Leave your sights alone & buy more asmmo ... :)

BTW, my issue was too little trigger finger on the trigger, once I moved the trigger into the center of the first pad on my finger every shot moved into the center ...

All 3 of the 9mm Gen4 Glocks I've shot hit dead center at 20Y. If all of your Glocks mysteriously have this odd POI issue, that pretty much guarantees it's a software problem...

It's not all of my Glocks, I have nearly a dozen. It's just my late 2011 Gen3 gun and all 3 of my Gen4 guns. Recent mfr Glocks shooting left is not an uncommon issue. IIRC - The pistol-training.com test gun also exhibits the same issue.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?1959-Are-Gen4-s-still-shooting-to-the-left&p=31821&viewfull=1#post31821

Edited by rijndael