Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for N320 powder

Jungo2

PV shows it out of stock. They have one pounders though. First lesson to using V V powders, it only comes into the country a few times a year. When it does buy a bunch and don't ever get too low!

At Powder Valley, I just ordered the 1pounders. Yes, they are ~$4 more per pound, but I'd rather pay a few dollars more than not have any at all. When they have the 4 pounders, I get what I can.

Mac

PV shows it out of stock. They have one pounders though. First lesson to using V V powders, it only comes into the country a few times a year. When it does buy a bunch and don't ever get too low!

I thought they had a plant in NC.

I believe they have a warehouse in NC. It all comes in boxed up and ready to go.

No retail outlet can afford to discount the 1lb jugs to the 4lb price, as Vihtavouri charge them less per pound for the bigger containers, they would go broke. Vihtavouri has the lowest margins for the money invested, as if they applied a reasonable margin you would never buy it.

I now have a rule on primers powders etc etc. Get enough to last you two years and check it every six months. Never failed me since 2005 when a freind at Hodgdon suggested this. Over the 9 month since June 2005 (when I got back from the Bianchi Cup) I built up my stocks slowly month by month as money became available.

Buy anything and everything that you can afford and then some more. Never run even remotely low.

As an aside for my purposes, NRA Action Pistol 38Super minor, I can use Titegroup at the same weight as N320 for similar, not the same, results.

I now have a rule on primers powders etc etc. Get enough to last you two years and check it every six months. Never failed me since 2005 when a freind at Hodgdon suggested this. Over the 9 month since June 2005 (when I got back from the Bianchi Cup) I built up my stocks slowly month by month as money became available.

Buy anything and everything that you can afford and then some more. Never run even remotely low.

Just bought 24 lbs from powder valley (16 was N320). After deciding that I would stick with VV powders for my loads, I think I will follow the above philosophy. Less headache to find and you can survive the "out" drought without making a new load.

Once its in stock order enough to last a while. Got 12lbs in Jan. from PV; wish I could afford to buy more. Using the N320 with jhps for bigger matches and Solo 1000 or whatever else I can get my hands on with lead/moly bullets for practice.