Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli sponsoring 3 gun..

DocMedic

This is great news! Although I wonder whether this will have effect on sponsored shooters being able to attend the FN events and use the FN guns on TV - Kurt care to comment?

I can field this one.

It is not a problem at all.

Benelli is fully aware of the match formats and shoot-off obligations.

Let's shoot!

Patrick

That's very cool indeed. And congrats Patrick. Well deserved. :cheers:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is indeed good news, as I have recently acquired a pair of spagetti shottys - both heavily modified. Wonder how Benelli will handle all the cutting, polishing, dremeling, etc that their sponsered shooters will have inflicted on their guns?

Any company with half a brain would be trying to do what FN has done with 3-Gun Nation and either vie for their own shootout via a huge $$ battle for sponsorship or do it at other matches.

I thought the FN shootout was kind of weird in regards to having shooters sponsored by other companies. In my main sport the top cyclists have contracts forbidding them from evening mentioning other brands. If you are sponsored by brand X, then brand X is the best for you and everyone else. Brand X has made you as great as you are today. You eat, sleep, and poop brand X.

Any company with half a brain would be trying to do what FN has done with 3-Gun Nation and either vie for their own shootout via a huge $$ battle for sponsorship or do it at other matches.

I thought the FN shootout was kind of weird in regards to having shooters sponsored by other companies. In my main sport the top cyclists have contracts forbidding them from evening mentioning other brands. If you are sponsored by brand X, then brand X is the best for you and everyone else. Brand X has made you as great as you are today. You eat, sleep, and poop brand X.

The difference is everybody rides a bike from the time they are 5 and cycling is on TV frequently. Unfortunately that's not the case in the shooting sports. I was just watching 5 minutes of bowling on ESPN the other day thinking what a waste of F'ing time. Every person I know owns a gun or ten. I couldn't think of one person that owns a fricken' bowling ball.

Edited by jtischauser

The difference is everybody rides a bike from the time they are 5 and cycling is on TV frequently. Unfortunately that's not the case in the shooting sports. I was just watching 5 minutes of bowling on ESPN the other day thinking what a waste of F'ing time. Every person I know owns a gun or ten. I couldn't think of one person that owns a fricken' bowling ball.

I know a guy who owns several. He uses them to shoot out of his black powder morter. ;)

Yup - if people watch NASCAR, they can watch 3-gun.

Good luck to 3GN's second season! :cheers:

The difference is everybody rides a bike from the time they are 5 and cycling is on TV frequently.

Maybe in Europe. While cycling is making a resurgence in America, the coverage of the shooting sports on the History Channel, Military Channel, and Versus is far greater than what there is with cycling. Versus used to cover a bunch of cycling, but not anymore. I think they only show the "Tour"....tour de france...and a couple of other events. I've yet to see a reality cycling tv show and it's been a good 15 years since there was series coverage of any cycle racing series.

Shooting sports are only slightly more of a spectator sport than mountain biking. Participant driven sports are tough to sponsor. I think the 3-Gun Nation thing has been huge for the shooting sports and the FN driven shootouts are an excellent thing.

While having Benelli step up with a decent sized team will help the sport grow, these companies will have to see an increase in sales to continue sponsoring shooters and events. If a company is able to see an increase in sales by making a great product and NOT sponsoring anyone or anything, more power to them.

Sometimes you will see better products due to the sponsorship. That's what many on this forum are hoping for. This happened with Trek bikes. Lance was the man on a Trek bike but ALL of trek's bikes kind of sucked. They ended up dumping tons of money into the road market, saw a HUGE increase in sales, then realized their mountain bikes sucked. Without any really great riders on the mountain side, they dumped a ton of money into the dirt side of things and now it seems that everyone rides a Trek mountain bike.

When we see shooters unable to participate in a shootout sponsored by a conflicting sponsor due to contractual agreements, it will probably be a good thing.

This is good news. I was fortunate enough to pick up a Salient Benelli a couple months ago and couldn't be happier. I know others were having difficultly finding one and there were no M2 fields to be found anywhere. It appears there are issues with importation of these, but I hope that those in charge at Benelli will actually have product AVAILABLE to consumers with their increased marketing effort. Nothing screams failure like a marketing blitz and having no product available.

Now if Browning would just sponsor a team... :rolleyes:

I would think a suitable shotgun would be first???

Tell you what, come on out to Idaho, I'll whoop you with my Browning Gold and you can tell me they don't make a suitable SG. :devil:

That said, FNH and Browning may have the same owners but they are very different companies. I've been trying to work with Browning on a repair and trying to have the FN team guys help me. Not a lot of cooperation out of Browning.

Now if Browning would just sponsor a team... :rolleyes:

I would think a suitable shotgun would be first???

Tell you what, come on out to Idaho, I'll whoop you with my Browning Gold and you can tell me they don't make a suitable SG. :devil:

That said, FNH and Browning may have the same owners but they are very different companies. I've been trying to work with Browning on a repair and trying to have the FN team guys help me. Not a lot of cooperation out of Browning.

How about we meet in Minnesota in August in our way to the AR15.com match? ;)

I own a bowling ball. Bowling is a great way to break up the monotony of drinking beer. ;)

I hope this works out well for Benelli. Who's missing from the big shotgun companies? Just Remington, right? Given how long they waited to enter the AR market and the lack of enthusiasm they have with that product, I won't hold my breath for them to support 3-gun. It's a shame.

I hope this works out well for Benelli. Who's missing from the big shotgun companies? Just Remington, right? Given how long they waited to enter the AR market and the lack of enthusiasm they have with that product, I won't hold my breath for them to support 3-gun. It's a shame.

I spent a LOT of time trying to get info out of Remington last year. They supposedly have a new gun coming, but no details. I tried like heck to stay with Remington, but went to the SLP due to FN's support and it is a superior platform to the Remington offerings. I'm sure Robbie is trying.

Can anyone actually name a company that makes bowling balls? I am drawing a blank, or should I say a "Mike."

Can anyone actually name a company that makes bowling balls? I am drawing a blank, or should I say a "Mike."

Ebonite

...and I only know that because they are headquartered about 10 miles from me.

I guess luck shines upon me once in a while. I came across a Benelli M1S90 this winter with a 21" ribbed barrel w/ chokes from a guy at work $400 bucks........... I almost felt bad taking it from him. Not.:cheers:.Let's see--- Nordic +5, barrel clamp, Speedfeed stock,etc. etc. etc.

13 shooters on the team? I told Chris yesterday that 13 is an unlucky number and Benelli should seriously think about making it an even 14. I said I'd be willing to take one for the team just so you guys aren't jinxed.

That's just me, I'm a giver

I own a bowling ball. Bowling is a great way to break up the monotony of drinking beer. ;)

I shoot Benellis in matches, but Remington has put guns on the prize table of at least two of the matches that I shot last year.

Hurley

13 shooters on the team? I told Chris yesterday that 13 is an unlucky number and Benelli should seriously think about making it an even 14. I said I'd be willing to take one for the team just so you guys aren't jinxed.

That's just me, I'm a giver

Todd - taking one for the team... now that's a gentleman.

Chris, and the rest.. congratulations!