Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Cleaning Stuff

johnny1gun

I was cleaning my pistol,and after laying out all my stuff.I thought how much do I really need. Well.....all of it of curse.I have cleaning stuff that does the same thing as the other,but I cant get read of it.It would wreck my routine,sooooo... if you could only keep one thing out of your cleaning stuff what would it be? Mine is my G-96.I love it!Its kind of like CLP Break Free.I have CLP Break Free also.How sad!!

• 3 weeks later...

frog lube, been using for about 2 months now and I beleive I could throw everything else away. I just have so much stuff that its kind of hard to part with. I'll give it a couple of more months and if it still number 1 on my routine everything else goes.

frog lube, been using for about 2 months now and I beleive I could throw everything else away. I just have so much stuff that its kind of hard to part with. I'll give it a couple of more months and if it still number 1 on my routine everything else goes.

I've been trying Frog Lube and like it but haven't quite figured out the "wipe off but then apply a small amount to closely fitted surfaces" concept. What are you doing for the rails and contact areas on the barrel?

1 can of BRAKE cleaner.

Jim Anglin sold me on brake cleaner. It's amazing how much ancient powder, gunk, and grease wash away with a squirt of brake cleaner and a quick wipedown. I'd forgotten that the inside of a stainless slide wasn't supposed to be black.

BB

I bought one of those $59 solvent tanks with the pump in it at Harbor Freight and use automotive parts solvent in it. Break the gun down, scrub with a toothbrush and blow off with compressed air, lube and reassemble. The solvent dries with no residue until it starts to get really dirty, then I replace it. I picked this trick up at a D.O.E. Armorer's Class I went to at Kirtland AFB several years ago.

Cleaning

>Mineral spirits in a small ammo can with a good seal, small parts basket, and a parts cleaning brush

>compressed air

Lubrication

>Slide Glide, I'm a believer, this stuff is GREAT!

>STP Oil Treatment on trigger/hammer parts.

frog lube answer, I bought both the liquid and the paste form. I use the liquid to clean the barrel and lube the trigger components. I use the paste every where else. To clean I just wipe the gun down with a rag then reapply a light film with my fingers. Thats it done. Takes me about 5 minutes to clean a gun now.

Where does one buy Frog Lube? The idea of a non petroleum based product is appealing but I have no local dealer, they don't sell through their website and a half dozen of the dealers they list came up dry.

the frog lube web site has links to dealers. i got mine from Hoffner's. on frog lubes web site go to their partners page, you can order from any of them.

Edited by rooster