Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 condition one?

h8dirt

I need a bit of help. Can someone refer me to the language (and the location of same) that allows a 1911 to be holstered in the "cocked and locked" condition for a typical "shooter ready" start in the IDPA rule book? I shot a practice classifier round with a club today that would only allow 1911's to start each stage with the pistol holstered with the hammer down on an empty chamber. Striker fired pistols (Glock, etc.) were allowed to be holstered with a round chambered. Thanks in advance.

C 15. Pistols must start from the mechanical condition of

readiness appropriate to their design and be loaded to division

capacity (See Appendix One – Equipment, Firearms for

division capacity explanation).

E. Be loaded to the division capacity of eight (8) rounds in the

magazine plus one (1) round in the chamber. Should division

capacity not be achievable because of lower magazine

capacity, load should be to maximum mechanical capacity of

magazine plus one (1) round in the chamber.

Edited by Seth

I need a bit of help. Can someone refer me to the language (and the location of same) that allows a 1911 to be holstered in the "cocked and locked" condition for a typical "shooter ready" start in the IDPA rule book? I shot a practice classifier round with a club today that would only allow 1911's to start each stage with the pistol holstered with the hammer down on an empty chamber. Striker fired pistols (Glock, etc.) were allowed to be holstered with a round chambered. Thanks in advance.

It was just the opposite here. I shot the classifier today and I started "cocked and locked" on every string, the way it is supposed to be done.

I shot a practice classifier round with a club today

Why would anyone "practice" a classifier? :huh:

last time i shot was last Nov at the Revolver match in Memphis Tn,so 3 weeks ago..i went and setup the classifer and shot it all just to get back into shooting..it was a good warm up pror to shooting another match that weekend......

Why NOT practice classifiers? Although it might not give YOU the personal gratification of seeing how well you handle the mind game of a stage and give you an accurate representation of your TRUE shooting ability, nothing's to keep anyone from setting up their own classifiers and practicing the heck out of them.

YOu can practice a classifier until you make MA...then go to a major match and get your butt handed to you..lol

What class you are doesn't really matter, you will either win or get beaten by the same amount no matter the class you are. The size of the butt you get handed to you is the same, it is just the lens you look at it through that changes.

What class you are doesn't really matter, you will either win or get beaten by the same amount no matter the class you are. The size of the butt you get handed to you is the same, it is just the lens you look at it through that changes.

+1