Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Went to a fight once and a Hockey Game broke out. I admit that I really did not understand the game until a friend pointed out all of the things that one player can get away with by just using their skates or their stick. Now I watch for those "professional fouls" to see how many get caught or how many they get away with. (Some fun, eh Bambi?)

Football = What the hell you carry or throw it 99% of the time and barely use your foot?

Soccer = What the hell you play it with your foot more than the game called foot ball and the score is usually 1 nothing?

Ice Hockey = Seriously? A bunch of grown, toothless men on figure skates from Russia?

Baseball = non-contact doesn't even count

Basketball = Pure sports, Offense, Defense, running, gunning, scoring, stopping, back and fourth dules, a full gauntlet of a season with a real playoff. I guess if your not from Kentucky you just don't get it. devil.gif

I understand why you have to say that CorEy, nothing else to root for in KY! :roflol:

Thats because there is NOTHING else! cheers.gif

Yep, that's right...If it weren't for basketball, KY would just disappear.....like it never existed....Now, down here in Florida, well, we have a multitude of things to root for.... :sight:

And still get beat by us......sight.gif

Twice....

And Butler...ph34r.gif

And got the higher seed...

I can go on lol devil.gif

Edited by steel1212

Let's see, you have beat UF twice this year? When was the last time the pussy cats beat UF in football? Or were you even born yet? :roflol:

Yet, I have to give KY props...They did win a conference championship in football....once, when Bear Bryant coached there! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

It's all about being well rounded....and KY is obviously pointy!

Edited by GrumpyOne

Let's see, you have beat UF twice this year? When was the last time the pussy cats beat UF in football? Or were you even born yet? :roflol:

Yet, I have to give KY props...They did win a conference championship in football....once, when Bear Bryant coached there! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

1986 in Lexington. Last time in FL was 1979, was alive then also.

Is it bad when our cheerleading team has almost as many national championships as Florida's entire sports program? I'm just saying.... Oh while I'm saying how many wins does "UF" have in their sports programs? I couldn't find it anywhere but UK has almost 8000 wins.

Edited by steel1212

Thanks for the post. Horrible game. I'll take hockey as well - at least they actually let them fight. Here's what you can do with basketball: ignore the entire game, then watch the last 2 minutes. That's all it comes down to.

I can relate in that I have played and coached sports. But, if I have nothing in the game of interest to me, I could care less what it is on the T.V as far as sports are concerned. I just won't bother. Still love playing soccer, and will go see my old h.s play water polo since that is what I played. Otherwise, forget it.

The exceptions are the Super Bowl, and the World Series. I will watch them and the Olympics.

Hockey?

You guys might check your beer ratio. In hockey and soccer...you have time to drink a beer, go to the bathroom, get another beer...and not miss any action.

That obviously has it's appeal... wacko.gif

"...not miss any action..." except a few rounds of the spontaneous boxing match that might break out on ice --- which is rarely as good as a real boxing match....

Basketball is the only sport I know where it is accepted that the rules change based on the refs' mood, the stage of the game, and other undefined factors. "They're sure letting them play." "That was a make up call." "The refs really took control of this game after the hard foul."

Come on, people, it's either a foul or it's not.

If the score is within about fifteen points, no one can say for sure which team really won.

Reminds you of figure skating. "Only 8.2 on the dismount? What were they thinking?" "She would have won except the Bulgarian judge robbed her." "Yeah, they were looking for revenge ever since the 2002 Worlds."

Sean

Is it bad when our cheerleading team has almost as many national championships as Florida's entire sports program? I'm just saying.... Oh while I'm saying how many wins does "UF" have in their sports programs? I couldn't find it anywhere but UK has almost 8000 wins.

CorEy, 7,500 wins in Badminton don't count! :roflol:

Besides, per the internet, UK has won 9 national titles, where as UF has won 25....

UK has won nine national championships with its latest being crowned in 2011 by rifle. UK also boasts the 1988 Women's Cross County national championship and seven other men's basketball titles, with its latest being crowned in 1998. UK was also crowned an NCAA co-champion, after knocking off #1 Oklahoma in the 1951 Sugar Bowl to win the 1950 National Championship in college football.

The University of Florida's intercollegiate sports teams, commonly known by their "Florida Gators" nickname, compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I and the Southeastern Conference (SEC). In their 105-year history, the university's varsity sports teams have won twenty-five national team championships, twenty of which are NCAA titles, and Gator athletes have won 221 individual national championships.

But, they are a member of the best conference in the NCAA. :cheers:

Edited by GrumpyOne

CorEy, 7,500 wins in Badminton don't count! :roflol:

Besides, per the internet, UK has won 9 national titles, where as UF has won 25....

UK has won nine national championships with its latest being crowned in 2011 by rifle. UK also boasts the 1988 Women's Cross County national championship and seven other men's basketball titles, with its latest being crowned in 1998. UK was also crowned an NCAA co-champion, after knocking off #1 Oklahoma in the 1951 Sugar Bowl to win the 1950 National Championship in college football.

The University of Florida's intercollegiate sports teams, commonly known by their "Florida Gators" nickname, compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I and the Southeastern Conference (SEC). In their 105-year history, the university's varsity sports teams have won twenty-five national team championships, twenty of which are NCAA titles, and Gator athletes have won 221 individual national championships.

But, they are a member of the best conference in the NCAA. :cheers:

You know them other sports....

Edited by steel1212

Basketball is a nice sport for girls. Fouls should not need to be called they should require a substitution.

Football is ok but to many silly rules. Roughing the passer? Pass interference? Take those type of things out and the sport has real potential.

Soccer is cross country with a ball. No thanks.

Real men wrestle. Not taling about ropes and turn buckles here either.

Here's what you can do with basketball: ignore the entire game, then watch the last 2 minutes. That's all it comes down to.

For me it's ignore the entire season, then watch some of the last 2 weeks of games.

Usually people who complain about a sport can't play it. I played basketball in high school, college and a lot of playground ball. I played a few times in the cage at 4th street and 6th Avenue in NYC. Great game. I love VCU and Butler. I'm going with Butler to win the title this year. Great coach, great team, and a great scoring point guard who can play defense.

Usually people who complain about a sport can't play it.

That's true for me with basketball. I can't play it. No matter how hard I try, that ball will not fit in the basket. I'm talking more about me as a spectator. It just doesn't get my interest. On ther other hand I can play baseball and softball but I'm not about to sit and watch a baseball game on tv.

Usually people who complain about a sport can't play it. I played basketball in high school, college and a lot of playground ball. I played a few times in the cage at 4th street and 6th Avenue in NYC. Great game. I love VCU and Butler. I'm going with Butler to win the title this year. Great coach, great team, and a great scoring point guard who can play defense.

But not always true.

Hate Basketball! Never watch it. Can't understand how people get excited watching the first 3 1/2 quarters...

Football, Baseball, Hockey, even Soccer, which I'm not a fan of ( nope, not because they don't score, because they don't shoot enough...there isn't even a Chance to score. If they had more shots on goal, I would watch more. I wouldn't mind a 1-0 game if the goalies both made 30 saves each, like in hockey...but I digress )

In those 4 sports, one score could mean the outcome, even if it happened in the first minute of play. In Basketball, the score is going to be apprx 70-65 (NCAA) or 124-120 (NBA). How do you get excited when the score is 6-4 in the first period? I realize i'm simplifying it a lot, and true purists will argue that the game is a lot about defense...I just don't see it, at least not for the first 3 1/2 quarters.

That's just me. I don't disparage others for liking B-Ball...just not my cup of tea.

By the way, I'm second in an NCAA bracket pool. Go Kentucky!! There's a difference between being a fan and watching, and throwing in $5 with a chance to win $200. Spent a grand total of 5 minutes picking two brackets by the way. One bracket is in 2nd, the other is in 3rd out of 45 people. If KY beats CT, I win, Champion won't matter. Now that's what I call fun!!