Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger finger lenght

sauza45

I shoot a EDGE with the long curved trigger and had a chance to handle a short curved trigger, It felt good. I am playing with a short curved trigger now

and was wondering what other people shoot. My finger is 2 7/8 inches long from the web to tip. I fell like I can get my finger square to the trigger now with the short curved, also I might like to try a short flat trigger to. So my question is how long is your trigger finger and what kind of trigger do you shoot?

I don't know how you measured, but there is more to trigger reach than just finger length. I just measured my finger and it's about 3" even. I use a short trigger on my STI widebody and it's still barely there. I use short triggers and thin grips on my single stacks, and like the small grip on the M&P and XDM. I also use a small backstrap on the HK P2000. I would say whater your preference is, use that. Something else to keep in mind is that you need to ensure that your strong hand grip is consistent in its placement.

It seems most people don't take into account the thickness of the palm of the hand. Long fingers or not, if your palm is thick it holds your hand back from the trigger.

I've seen a number of shooters who have long fingers, but their palm is so thick it holds their skelatal structure back from the grip. It's not unlike wearing a thick glove while shooting.

I shoot the STI 'gunsmith blank' trigger, and I love it. I don't care for curved triggers anymore. I'm not sure that hand size really matters with flat triggers, especially the plastic STI ones. If you have a belt sander, you can make that sucker just about any length you want...

• 2 weeks later...

I just got to handle a gun set up with a short Grieder trigger. Loved it. Mine is on the way. It should be here Thursday. I can't wait to get it in the gun. I have very small hands and I can't believe how much better the short trigger fits my hand!

I have been practicing with the short curved trigger and like it so far. I will be shooting it in a match this sunday

and will let you know how it turned out. Also what do you all think of a arched mainspring housing? I wear a large glove

but have short fingers.

My tiny Burger King hands are index finger 2.75 inches and from web of thumb a mere 4.25 inches. I just fit my short trigger last night to the gun and I believe for the first time in my life I have a gun that actually fits my tiny stinkin' hands.