Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHat is your biggest screwup with your Spouse?

Truck purchase without consulting her first..

I know rookie move!!

I sat in the driveway and let that powerstroke idle until she came outside to see what the noise was. Yes, I got "the look" as she walked away.

Whoever said "its easier to get forgiveness than permission" was a %$#&@ IDIOT! :goof:

I sat in the driveway and let that powerstroke idle until she came outside to see what the noise was. Yes, I got "the look" as she walked away.

I now (after plenty screw ups) have a "buddy filter" installed in my brain that asks, "Is this something my buddies would like/think funny/etc?"

If "yes", do NOT proceed... DO NOT - do, tell, show, release <_< while in the presence of opposite sex/GF/wife/signif other/etc. There are guy-things...funny as you and I know they are, that just don't translate. Don't fight it.

If "no" - proceed at your own risk, but likely the best course.

FWIW, I understand the whole idling thing outside the house. Sounds good to me, too. <buddy filter disengaged>

ymmv

I now (after plenty screw ups) have a "buddy filter" installed in my brain that asks, "Is this something my buddies would like/think funny/etc?"

If "yes", do NOT proceed... DO NOT - do, tell, show, release <_< while in the presence of opposite sex/GF/wife/signif other/etc. There are guy-things...funny as you and I know they are, that just don't translate. Don't fight it.

If "no" - proceed at your own risk, but likely the best course.

LOL... Agreed. My "filter" has developed since then. This was years ago & newly married. 15 yrs later.. I still get that look occasionally just to keep in practice!!

FWIW, I understand the whole idling thing outside the house. Sounds good to me, too. <buddy filter disengaged>

ymmv

Would staying out most of the night with a stripper count?

Woops.. ok did that one....

Left about 6pm to get a bottle of 7up. On the way home I stopped at the shaker bar between the house and the store. Got home at 230AM. I don't know why she was mad, I brought the soda.

Taking her for granted and almost losing her. I know, we are being funny, but there is something to be said for the good women that put up with us a-holes. Lol

^You sir, are a very wise man! Same here. As I was driving back from the range to work today, I called my wife to tell her I love her and to thank her for being my wife. Amazing what that does to a woman. 15 years, no our marriage is not perfect, but we fit.

With my Entry Level wife aka X I forgot her name for about 15 seconds and she knew it, when I stumbled Daa . daaa, da da and finally said Honey. she could see it in my face that I stuck on her name so she popps off with "!Say my name , Say my name Say my name Say my name" and I finally I clicked out with her name.

She laughed at first but thin it went down hill, we had only dated two years and only marred a few years

no wife here but I do remember back in the day in HS getting roped into watching Titanic. Made the mistake of laughing at the end when he dies woops

Thats Good

But the first Lier has no chance. At the movie Little Women when the sister is dying near the end I leaned over and said the Punch line to my favorite joke that always cracks me up . And yes I laughed pretty hard.

Punch Line "The Bear wipes his Butt with the Rabbit"

Spousal failures? Nope. Not going there. Once it's posted on the internet you lose all plausible deniability.

THREAD KILLA!!!! :roflol:

I assumed these were all "known" failures or bonehead moves!

That reminds me.... gotta change forumn password to something a leeeeetle more complex.. :goof:

Edited by JayTray