Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ozark 3-Gun Championship

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can't get into the Inn, can anyone recommend alternate accomodations?

Doug

You can try the Sleep Inn Hotel in Camdenton. We stayed there last year ad it was actually closer and less traffic to get out to the property where the match is.

Several of us are at the Sleep Inn as it is closer and nicer. Cost is more per night but worth it.

Craig

If I can't get into the Inn, can anyone recommend alternate accomodations?

Doug

You can try the Sleep Inn Hotel in Camdenton. We stayed there last year ad it was actually closer and less traffic to get out to the property where the match is.

Several of us are at the Sleep Inn as it is closer and nicer. Cost is more per night but worth it.

Craig

Thanks for the info and recommendation - the Grand Glaize is indeed full (at least on the night of the 8th) so I booked a room earlier this morning at the Hawks Nest Lodge, right near the match hotel. They honored the Grand Glaize room rate of $69 per night, so I guess I'm set. See everyone there!

Should be able to drive to them all , 4x4 would be best , although someone , I'm not naming names , drove around in a Kia , or was it a Yugo :ph34r: ? last year in the MUD :surprise:

We drove them all in a rented Lincoln Town Car last year :roflol:. Shouldn't be a problem this year.

A few questions for either Kirk or anyone who's shot this match before:

1 - What are the longest slug shots we can expect and what is the target size (IPSC paper or steel gongs)?

2 - Max yardage and target size/type for rifle shots?

3 - Where is the range / stats shack actually located?

4 - Is there be a location we can verify rifle zero - if so, where?

Thanks from an Ozark match noob,

Doug

All this is based on my experiences last year.

1. Slugs out to around 100-125 but they were on about a 3"x3" gongs last year.

2. Max last year was around 450.

3. The "range" is a big lot of somebody's private property. The stats shack was an RV last year. Signs clearly marked everything from the main road.

4. There was a 100 yard zero range on the main road near the lake.

All this is based on my experiences last year. 1. Slugs out to around 100-125 but they were on about a 3"x3" gongs last year. 2. Max last year was around 450.3. The "range" is a big lot of somebody's private property. The stats shack was an RV last year. Signs clearly marked everything from the main road. 4. There was a 100 yard zero range on the main road near the lake.

That's one heck of a shot :surprise::bow:

This is what I remember from last year , I've got a GOOD memory it's just short . Have I ate lunch yet ????? :rolleyes:

All slug targets are 36"x42" iron maidens

Longest rifle was 500 yards also 36"x 42"

ALOT of 5"x5" plates both pistol/shotgun

It is a NATURAL terrain match ,no level gravel shooting bays or concrete pads..... I don't think there's ANYPLACE level on this land :roflol:

Most fun you can have with your clothes on :goof:

All this is based on my experiences last year. 1. Slugs out to around 100-125 but they were on about a 3"x3" gongs last year. 2. Max last year was around 450.3. The "range" is a big lot of somebody's private property. The stats shack was an RV last year. Signs clearly marked everything from the main road. 4. There was a 100 yard zero range on the main road near the lake.

This is what I remember from last year , I've got a GOOD memory it's just short . Have I ate lunch yet ????? :rolleyes:

It is a NATURAL terrain match ,no level gravel shooting bays or concrete pads..... I don't think there's ANYPLACE level on this land :roflol:

Whoops. Definitely hit the wrong key on that one. :surprise:

West and Matt,

Appreciate the great info guys! I feel just a little better about the slug shots now (hoping they use the same size targets). Does anyone have a map to the range location, or maybe GPS coordinates? I've never been there before and would like to check out some of the stages after I arrive Wednesday afternoon.

ETA - nevermind, found the GPS coordinates posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks,

Doug

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Kirk was asking about an inexpensive way to build a compound earlier. I already took a look at the stages on the forconquest .pdf. Just for future reference though...I always thought that some patented scaffolding system would work. There are two very similar types that go up quickly. One is called "Q.E.S." which stands for Quick Erect System (you can stop laughing now, that's really what it is called). The other is "AT-PAC"

They go together like this:

Scaffolding-2-300x250.jpg

This is AT-PAC's website:

http://at-pac.com/

I don't have a clue as to how much they would charge to rent out scaffold parts.

Here are more pics for "sure lock scaffold":

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1025&bih=849&q=at-pac+scaffold&gbv=2&oq=at-pac+scaffold&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1715l5729l0l5960l15l15l0l10l1l1l294l1124l0.1.4l5l0#hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=sure+lock+scaffold&pbx=1&oq=sure+lock+scaffold&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=82183l88654l0l88965l32l25l0l9l9l6l505l3780l0.2.9.2.0.1l15l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=417987e0fc4a00c4&biw=1025&bih=849

Just use tarps zip tied to the scaffold to make walls. Make sure the scaffold is anchored down to the ground.

Each of the patented scaffolding systems have their own stairs which make it easy and safe to get from one floor to the next, if you wanted to do a multi-floored compound like what Kirk had originally posted about.

Kirk was asking about an inexpensive way to build a compound earlier. I already took a look at the stages on the forconquest .pdf. Just for future reference though...I always thought that some patented scaffolding system would work. There are two very similar types that go up quickly. One is called "Q.E.S." which stands for Quick Erect System (you can stop laughing now, that's really what it is called). The other is "AT-PAC"

I don't have a clue as to how much they would charge to rent out scaffold parts.

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1025&bih=849&q=at-pac+scaffold&gbv=2&oq=at-pac+scaffold&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1715l5729l0l5960l15l15l0l10l1l1l294l1124l0.1.4l5l0#hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=sure+lock+scaffold&pbx=1&oq=sure+lock+scaffold&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=82183l88654l0l88965l32l25l0l9l9l6l505l3780l0.2.9.2.0.1l15l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=417987e0fc4a00c4&biw=1025&bih=849

Just use tarps zip tied to the scaffold to make walls. Make sure the scaffold is anchored down to the ground.

Each of the patented scaffolding systems have their own stairs which make it easy and safe to get from one floor to the next, if you wanted to do a multi-floored compound like what Kirk had originally posted about.

If you build it I will come, literally!

Okie Dokie folks. It's oficially official. We are throwing the 7th annual 29th birthday party for Team Accurate Iron and Team Stag Arm's hottest cheerleader, aka my wife Tara. The party will be piggy backing on the match BBQ down at the pavillion/pool area down by the water So after Kirk's work is done and everyone is loosened up from a few adult beverages we have a DJ/Karaoke machine being setup along with another keg of Bud Light. I anticipate the music to start around 7ish or whenever Kirk says "let's rock". We hope to see everyone there to celebrate with us. :cheers:

If you build it I will come, literally!

Sicko!

Okie Dokie folks. It's oficially official. We are throwing the 7th annual 29th birthday party for Team Accurate Iron and Team Stag Arm's hottest cheerleader, aka my wife Tara. The party will be piggy backing on the match BBQ down at the pavillion/pool area down by the water So after Kirk's work is done and everyone is loosened up from a few adult beverages we have a DJ/Karaoke machine being setup along with another keg of Bud Light. I anticipate the music to start around 7ish or whenever Kirk says "let's rock". We hope to see everyone there to celebrate with us. :cheers:

Thanks in advance, this should be fun.

YES!!!!!