Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Member Photos

shred

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George

There is a pic of me in the gallery, way back. My son did it and for some reason it cannot be posted with my name. I am working on getting another one posted but it will be a while yet.

BTW, no, I can't say it, I promised BE I'd be nice...

He's got a decent picture, it just needs to be uploaded from his OWN system, I believe. It can't be done from Admin (according to Flex) and neither can I from my own FTP archives, as it turns out. It's pretty much a function of the individual member, I gather. :rolleyes:

SS

Just wondered. It gets pretty cold in Scotland, can't believe they would let the boys freeze, but you never know.

This could be another really different thread, Does wearing underware help your shooting or hurt it. Bet Rhino could chime in on this one.

TL: I won't answer directly, because a gentleman never tells...but, if you know what "going Regimental" means, then you'll have your answer. :D Also, a regular kilt, not this formal outfit, has lots more wool, so you can cover well if you get caught outdoors. Of course, in the South, I think they make a lot of them out of cotton--better for the summer. I may have to get one made up in the CSA tartan, and wear it at Nationals this year. Hmmm.

BTW, you aren't the first to ever ask that question. The occasion was a formal Christmas party, and I can't tell you the number of people who actually started to lift it up, just to see, while they were asking. I just grinned and didn't answer.

Big Dave, I was not at the Mid Atlantic Sectional last year. I was at 3 Gun, FGN, Area 4...I've been on the East coast a few times in the past, though.

Troy

BTW, congrats: great performance on the Schweiger Cup! Second place, with a mere 0.xx% behind top Revolver is indeed a great performance! ;) 

Thanks mate! Looking forward to meeting him again at the EC in Tabor. No home advantage there :D;)

BTW, Will you be there too?

The best way to get a photo up (IMHO) is to stuff it on a server and then reference a URL (universal resource locator). You go in to "My Controls" select the "Enter a URL to an online photo image" link, then just paste the URL in.

The user has to do the work in "My Controls" because of user security issues, but the "upload your own photo" option works fine too (you just have to have the file in a findable location on your machine and follow the instructions)

The reason some folks have problems is quite often tied in to bad image formatting. Note the following rule shown in the control panel "All photos must be no larger than 100 kB and no bigger than 250 pixels by 250 pixels". This applies to both uploads and externally referenced image url's. You have to use a bitmap image editing application (PhotoShop etc.) to get the file size right first, then you can upload a JPEG or refer to a remote storage loaction.

I have a wholelotta' web space and graphics work is my specialty. I will fix and post images if anyone wants to get a photo up. Drop me a line and I will help you get your face on the Forums. I like this option and think that the more, the merrier.

--

Regards,

Now everyone can see what an old harmless guy I really am. I have lost the intimidation factor...Might have to take the teeth out of my avitar.

for those that don't know, I was given the elephant pic because I couldn't afford to hunt one for real when I went to Africa. Great time anyway...

OK, it's kind of a weak picture, but it's up there. Give me a few days and I'll find a picture of me looking appropriately fearsome while engaging multiple targets during a challenging 3-gun match (or petting a cute puppy, whatever is available).

Troy,

Cool! I've always wanted to wear the kilt but never had the nerve. Now I really need to have one made in the McCoy tartan.

Everyone else,

I can't believe you'd even ask what is under the kilt! If you don't know you don't need to know. (Why do you really want to know?)

You all know the old joke about the scotsman who passed out on the way home from the pub (I can tell this joke since I'm Irish). A couple of schoolgirls found him quite incapacitated along the road and decided to check whether or not the general rumor was true. Upon lifting the kilt of the hapless scotsman they found that it was indeed true (at least in this case) that there was nothing worn beneath the kilt. Both young ladies were a bit taken aback by this revelation but one of them suggested that under the circumstances they should leave some indication of their presence. Agreering that this was a reasonable course of action, one removed her (blue) hair ribbon and tied it around the nether regions of the innebriate. When he awoke, the scotsman felt a bit of constriction "down there" and lifted the kilt to ascertain the source of the irritation. Upon observing the decoration left by the schoolgirls he declared "I don't know where you've been lad, but I see you've won first prize."

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

A42081

Not a problem, George. Like Kelly, I'm Irish, so no offense taken :D --although the Irish don't wear kilts as much as the Scots, it's still practiced in some places. That particular tartan is the Irish National.

Kelly, you should look into that McCoy tartan. Doing a bit of research, I found that while there is an Irish McManus tartan (it's sort of dull looking to me), that the Irish usually go by county of origin rather than clan.

Of course, you can always go with an American tartan, like the USMC tartan, or the CSA tartan. I bet there's one for Texas.

This is some serious thread drift. But, HEY RHINO, how about getting a purple kilt?

Troy

Hi there Bjorn,did you forget you are gonna face your opponent already 7th mai at the 4th edition of level III Ironhands?

We both have something to settle there.

Greetings

Adrie

(btw drop in somewhere this week to help me put a picture in my member profile, can't seem to do it myself)

BTW, congrats: great performance on the Schweiger Cup! Second place, with a mere 0.xx% behind top Revolver is indeed a great performance! ;) 

Thanks mate! Looking forward to meeting him again at the EC in Tabor. No home advantage there :D;)

BTW, Will you be there too?