Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tumbler from Cabela's

I'm in the process of cleaning up all the brass I accumulated last year and my little Frankfort Arsenal tumbler is so noisy that I decided to plunk down a few bucks for a new one. After reading a number of positive comments, I decided to order a Model 400 from Cabela's. This appears to be the same model that Barrys sells and the price was right ($50 + SH).

Well, this weekend I started running brass through it and boy, am I impressed. It has a larger capacity, is quieter, and cleans better. I wish I had gotten this one the first time around. For the price, it's really hard to beat.

:cheers:

I just get sick of tiny pieces of corn/walnut media getting into places where it is annoying, like the primer slide on my LnL AP.

I know what you mean. Someone mentioned putting the cases back into the tumbler for a couple minutes without any media. Said it jars loose stuck pieces. Never tried it myself but I might now that I think about it.

I've been using one for the last 5 years now with absolutely no complaints. It sits right beside my Dillon tumbler and it always gets loaded first. It does a better job than the Dillon, it's faster, holds as much and is quieter at half the price.

I own two of them. The first one quit working. A quick resolder of the wires to the motor and it was back up and running.

These have worked great for me.

Thought I would pile on...I, also, have one of the Cabela's tumblers. I have been reloading for just about a year...and really love this thing. I don't have a lot of "working" room...and although I may have to run a few "extra" batches to work through all the brass...it absolutely does a great job.

I have that Cabela's tumbler also and love it. I started off with a Lyman that I got in a large reloading package and I thought it was pretty good. I was working at a Cabela's event and received a gift certificate so I bought some reloading supplies including the tumbler. The very first time I plugged it in with a batch of brass I knew I had a home run when my wife did not complaing about "the floor buzzing." The Cabela's is smooth!

One thing I will add is that there is a definite "sweet spot" in the brass to media ratio. It seems to have to do with the way the flow sets up when it is on. If there is not enough media or too much brass, then the noise level goes up.

I'm still experimenting with finding that ratio but I am finding that the right ratio not only makes less noise, but it cleans better in a shorter amount of time.

I have had one for three years with no problems at all, it is made by Berry's Manufacturing. I was a lttle concerned when I bought it because it was so inexpensive and you do get what you pay for... not in this case, great little tumbler for the money! :cheers:

The Cabelas thumbler is made by Berry Mfg and has the Cabelas warranty as well. The clear lid is nice too. Put a antistatic dryer sheet in with your media to assist in removing dust and carbon particles. Watch for sales or Club Card Events for lower prices.

• 2 months later...