Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

idk about the rest of you but i really could have shot more stages. 3 days of shooting would have been epic, 3 stages a day would be good :cheers:

there wasnt a single stage I didn't like or have fun with. most of the time, even at club level matches, I shoot, and I'm happy to be done for the day/weekend. This match, I honestly didn't want to be done.

Lookin forward to maybe shootin AM again next year :sight: but more likely I'll just nut up and shoot Pro

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aint wreckin, you aint racin? B)

That is true , But if you don't know ware your feet are your not training, that's one of the few things I get rite.

<_< And now I am going to go and trip on the dust in my yard with a cup of Coffey in my hand

I learned that lesson the hard way! I got a 10 sec penalty for firing my first shot without both feet in the shooting box.....otherwise I would have finished 4th or 5th, it was a fast stage and it dropped me down to 70th on that stage OUCH!

If you aint wreckin, you aint racin? B)

No doubt. That hidden cave monster took a chunk out of my leg.

Glad I am not the only one it got a piece of. I pin-balled off the walls

a few times from it but luckily didn't fall.

I'd do that stage over in a heartbeat. It was so fun!

Craig

I have to admit the match was fun, I found my self looking to find anything more than a "give-me" handgun shot

I like it when a few shots with the hand gun require experience.

I like shotgun slug shots

I like it when a left hand shooter is not handicapped

I like it when you have to pay close attention to your "mixed loading" with the shotgun

I like it when one of the stages gives the shooter a gun pick on target engagement

I really like stages that use all three guns.

No mater how long my list would be of what I would like included <_<

The List of what I liked about the match is Longer :bow:

Even with all my Nit Picking I liked the match

The hospitality is first rate The match booklet is a keepsake & All the match staff is happy 7 pleasant night and day

If I had unlimited funds for a party this is the crew under Jeff's direction that I would hire.

It a thrill to see all around Skill

Thanks for a great event

Jamie

I wish I had remembered to get my squad to autograph my match book

Edited by AlamoShooter

Match books were awesome!

I saved match books that go back 17 years. that include over five different kind of shooting games

This one for the Pro- Am is one of the very best. It beats the books from the Sporting Clay World shoots that had near over 800 shooters

Edited by AlamoShooter

Match books were awesome!

I saved match books that go back 17 years. that include over five different kind of shooting games

This one for the Pro- Am is one of the very best. It beats the books from the Sporting Clay World shoots that had near over 800 shooters

Very nice indeed... B)

I enlisted Kyle McGregor to assist me with the match booklets, he also layed out the ones at LaRue Texas 3 Gun, I know good talent when I see it, he made my load a bit lighter getting those all formatted and layed out, 2 seperate books.

My goal was to have everything a cut above, website, matchbook, clinics, side matches, stages, schedule, food, prizes, RO's and overall shooter and sponsor value, give more than what either expects and all will be happy and the sport will grow,

thanks for noticing, thanks Kyle for your efforts when you weren't even able to come to the match, I owe you (and I pay my debts)

Jeff

How did everyone like being able to get up close and personal with the prizes for an hour or so before the awards, no bag, no hidden suprises, sponsors want their products seen, handled and that is what we strived for, makes deciding a bit easier too :cheers:

Everything was amazing. All your hardwork paid off wonderfully. It was a great match,great people. The RO's were great. Food was awesome. The place was so big without a map its easy to get lost though lol But what a place....makes Michigan look lame as shit....ok well we are lol

How did everyone like being able to get up close and personal with the prizes for an hour or so before the awards, no bag, no hidden suprises, sponsors want their products seen, handled and that is what we strived for, makes deciding a bit easier too :cheers:

Much better than looking in from outside the tent!

Are you kidding me? that was great. No use hiding things, we're big boys. I also like how the final results were posted before the awards. Why make us get the calc out and get cross-eyed.

I dont want to start any "vs." stuff, but this match was everything a pistol match never is.. Now I see the light. -And Im not really talking about prizes or swag; just the overall feel.

Mr. Miller also busted his rear over the 4 days; I dont think you can give him enough kudos. thanks bud!

What does everyone think about the 10 sec noshoots? I think 5 sec would have been more appropriate given the length of the stages. A 10 sec makes it that much more challenging, but just getting one of those really kills your match.

Easy solution to that problem. Dont shoot them :) I was fine with the 10 sec b/c its a 10 sec for everyone. Forces a little bit more accuracy out of the shooter.

What does everyone think about the 10 sec noshoots? I think 5 sec would have been more appropriate given the length of the stages. A 10 sec makes it that much more challenging, but just getting one of those really kills your match.

then dont get one of those..

(spoken like someone who was penalty free)

I think a No Shoot ought to ne scored similar to the in hit target penalty which is also 10 seconds. I know they hurt on a 25 second stage which is why I called Teapr away from his Donkey herding to come look at a ricochet that put some stuff in a no shoot on my stage 5.

Speaking of Trapr somebody has to tell his story. It's priceless!

I think a No Shoot ought to ne scored similar to the in hit target penalty which is also 10 seconds. I know they hurt on a 25 second stage which is why I called Teapr away from his Donkey herding to come look at a ricochet that put some stuff in a no shoot on my stage 5.

Speaking of Trapr somebody has to tell his story. It's priceless!

Trapr the rapist....priceless. "I swear officer, I was just checking out the donkeys!!!!" That was better than what "allegedly" happened to the FN razor......I have pics!!!

Edited by abn-rgr

On the subject of no shoots -

I believe that they should be costly, very costly. I've shot a number of matches where hitting a no shoot was a 30 second penalty and as far as I am concerned, 10 seconds should be an absolute minimum.

It's a game, getting sloppy and hitting a no shoot should be costly, not a minor bump in the road. If they are a problem for you, set up all of your practice drills with targets partially covered by no shoots and learn to shoot. I believe we should have shotgun stages that require buckshot on scored paper targets with no shoots covering part of the targets - just like the rest of the world does. A 5 second penalty is a joke.

On the subject of no shoots -

I believe that they should be costly, very costly. I've shot a number of matches where hitting a no shoot was a 30 second penalty and as far as I am concerned, 10 seconds should be an absolute minimum.

It's a game, getting sloppy and hitting a no shoot should be costly, not a minor bump in the road. If they are a problem for you, set up all of your practice drills with targets partially covered by no shoots and learn to shoot. I believe we should have shotgun stages that require buckshot on scored paper targets with no shoots covering part of the targets - just like the rest of the world does. A 5 second penalty is a joke.

+1