Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Tac30 1-4

ktm300

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. I haven't had a chance to mount it on the rifle yet however I can say just by handling it that it's very sturdy. In my case the on/off switch works just like it was mentioned in this thread (Burris added a little note in the package explaining how the switch works differently now then it did when it first came out). I'm very impressed with not only the reticle (with illumination on and off) but also the field of view. The FOV is also very nice at 4x. It's definitely a true 1x in my opinion.

I'm definitely glad I waited and did a good amount of research. I'd have to say that MarkCO's thread is what got me going this direction. Thanks Mark!

A lot of scope for the $300 mark.

Edited by suesstech

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently a lot of people like what they're reading, I ordered one from Midway today and got put on backorder.

Somehow I am pretty sure more will be coming in shortly.

You are most welcome suesstech!

I can't decide whether to get the Tac30 or save a bit more for the TR24. I already bought a beautiful AD Recon-X mount.

Decisions...decisions...

I really wish I could handle one. Right now I am using the Primary Arms 1-4x (same as millet dms with a German #4 reticle).

I am not sure whether I should upgrade or UPGRADE, lol.

I ordered and received one from Midway on sale for $299. I liked it well enough to order a second one for my back up rifle before the sale price expired.

On the primary 3 gun rifle, (18" SPR) I am going with LaRue 104 mounts. I have a 3X9 scope on the same mount I use for load testing and development. On the backup rifle, I am going to try out a Burris PEPR mount.

I got mine from Primary Arms today, and mounted it in their Deluxe extended mount. The daytime illum. is great. The reticle is HUGE compared to the XTR14. Any worrys about the big outer ring obscuring targets? I like how the hold over dots get finer as distance goes up. Like them better than the hash lines in the XTR. I put in the battery, and evidently screwed the cap on too tight. I looked in and saw the scope cycling through the settings, then go off, then start cycling again. Backed it off a little, and it worked ok. I think I like the dial on the XTR better, no hunting for the setting you want. Better yet would be a dial like the Meopta Kdot. Will reserve anymore judgements until I can shoot it. May have an XTR14 and a Larue SPR-E for sale.

I've been wanting to get into 3 gun for awhile now... Just got my first AR and this thread lead me to get the Burris 1-4. I got the Matte black for 299.00 Today from Midway USA. FYI for those who are wanting to purchase there are some discount codes out there that expire tomorrow. 5121074 gets you $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase, 2121074 gets you $20.00 off a purchase of $200.00 or more, 3121074 gets you $30.00 off a purchase of $300.00 or more. In order to get the $30.00 deal on the Burris my order had to be over $300.00 so I ordered a $2.00 qualifying part and huzzah, $269.00 for the Burris. This forum has been fantastic and I can't wait to get into my first match. Thanks for all of the great info!

Apparently a lot of people like what they're reading, I ordered one from Midway today and got put on backorder.

Somehow I am pretty sure more will be coming in shortly.

You are most welcome suesstech!

Midway said the dark earth ones were backordered until 1/15, but I already got the processing notification. The mailman hasn't even delivered the Burris PEPR mount yet.

Now, I just have to get a rifle to put it on...

Both versions of the scope are available now. The matte black version is $40.00 cheaper. I'm looking forward to getting mine in the mail. UPS says Monday with the PEPR mount and Scope. I'm stoked to get this thing on my AR.

I've been wanting to get into 3 gun for awhile now... Just got my first AR and this thread lead me to get the Burris 1-4. I got the Matte black for 299.00 Today from Midway USA. FYI for those who are wanting to purchase there are some discount codes out there that expire tomorrow. 5121074 gets you $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase, 2121074 gets you $20.00 off a purchase of $200.00 or more, 3121074 gets you $30.00 off a purchase of $300.00 or more. In order to get the $30.00 deal on the Burris my order had to be over $300.00 so I ordered a $2.00 qualifying part and huzzah, $269.00 for the Burris. This forum has been fantastic and I can't wait to get into my first match. Thanks for all of the great info!

[thread drift]

I missed the discount code window. Where did you get these codes?

[/thread drift]

[thread drift]

[/thread drift]

If you make an account at Midway, they send you discount codes via e-mail, also specials and such.

[thread drift]

[/thread drift]

If you make an account at Midway, they send you discount codes via e-mail, also specials and such.

I didn't have an account at Midway for the codes. When I do my online shopping I go to retailmenot.com and look up the website to see if they have discount codes. Lucky for me the codes were still functioning. UPS says that the scope will be here on Monday. I'll be picking up my AR tonight. I'm really looking forward to getting this mounted so I can venture into the world of 3 gun.

[thread drift]

[/thread drift]

I have an account and I get the monthly fliers but have never gotten codes. Apparantly you have to subscribe to something they call eBlast to get these promotions. There is a link on their home page.

Just got my Switchview mounted yesterday - can't wait to use it in a match! Scope worked great a Benning, but I brain farted and started a COF on 4x and it slowed me down A LOT. NEVER AGAIN B)

The CQ/T Switchview is a perfect fit. I actually mounted it "backwards" first ( to the left side), so I would say it is good to go righty or lefty.....

DSCF1458.jpg

DSCF1459.jpg

DSCF1461.jpg

DSCF1460.jpg

The top 2 photos are at 4x, the bottom 2 photos are at 1x

edited to add:

At 4x, there is about 2 business cards worth of room between the lever and the upper the way i have it set up. I could have centered it slightly differently and made it 1/4" more. However, I liked it this way better....

Edited by HS101

Just got my Switchview mounted yesterday - can't wait to use it in a match! Scope worked great a Benning, but I brain farted and started a COF on 4x and it slowed me down A LOT. NEVER AGAIN B)

The CQ/T Switchview is a perfect fit. I actually mounted it "backwards" first ( to the left side), so I would say it is good to go righty or lefty.....

Which switchview is it? Their site doesn't list the TAC30.

I set my zero @ 100 yards and it was extremely close out to just over 400 (the wind was kicking pretty hard so it was hard to judge past that). I had loaded Nosler 69gr HPBT's for the match, and flashers out to 325 - 350ish were no problem. The farthest flashers gave me a bit of a hard time (425-450ish), but it is the first time I had ever shot that distance, with either the rifle, load or scope................... and my technique was as bad as the wind :roflol: so....

I need to practice more before I get to a match with shots that long again...

MarkCo had a good suggestion in matching your load to the reticle with a good ballistics program... you can run the numbers and match the drop / reticle to your load and know exatly where each mark should hit... This is the way to go especially if you run 2 or more types of ammo. Just keep a cheat sheet / log book with you to know where you will hit.

I finally had a chance to get mine mounted. It's replacing a Millett DMS. So far, I really like it. Its shorter in length, feels lighter and the FOV is more favorable than the DMS. I also find that it is easier for me to find the "sweet spot" for eye relief with the TAC30, compared to my DMS. hav not had the chance to sight it in though. Hopefully I will by next week.