Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Tac30 1-4

ktm300

I'm satisfied with my present optics but considering something different for backup AR. Looking at the Burris as one of the options. Question though, are the turrets covered by the caps? I prefer turrets that can not turn without removing caps or lockable.

covered with screw on caps.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

covered with screw on caps.

Thanks! Burris site and catalogs online said something about quick release caps but not if turrets covered. Sure would prefer regular reticles though...but definitely a contender.

Has anyone tried one of these in an extended Bobro mount yet? I currently have a DMS in my Bobro mount and clearance is real close at the magnification adjustment with a cat tail installed. Does the Burris have any clearance issues like this?

Charlie Drissel makes one...

Mick

Anyone know when the MGM switchview will be out for the TAC 30? Any other options out there for a cattail that anyone has tried and liked?

Anyone know when the MGM switchview will be out for the TAC 30? Any other options out there for a cattail that anyone has tried and liked?

One of their existing cattails fits the TAC30. I can't remember which one (maybe the CQ/T??), if you call MGM, they'll tell you which one to order.

The CQt is the correct switchview for the tac30.

My whole reason for the purchase was for added leverave. My Tac30 is stiff!

I also used a 5/8 drill bit to make a relief cut in my switch view for the allen head screw.

Love my switch view!

Just bought one of these from MidwayUSA and I am hoping to get some answers from current user/owners.

1st: What is the approximate dot size at 1x of the center dot. I am assuming it is 2.4" at 4x but does that mean 9.6" at 1x?

2nd: What mount are you guys using? Although not relevant to our sport, do any of you might know what mount would clear a Matech BUIS using this scope? I'm not planning on using an extended mount and right now I am favoring the Larue LT-104. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Looking at buying a tac 30, but was wondering if I have a fixed front sight on my AR. Will I be able to use the tac 30 with a pepr mount and co-witnness it with my front sight?

• 3 months later...

I just got one but haven't mounted it yet. I have mixed opinions so far. Illumination is great, even in bright sun. Turned off the black reticle works fine too. The part I am not crazy about is the fat circle around the reticle. I think it's too thick and blocks off peripheral view around the center dots. I like being able to see around the target and

this seems to clutter it up. For a close target, it probably won't matter as the big circle would just be used as a big dot on the target.

I will mount it on a rifle and try it out at the range. My concerns may be unfounded once

I try it on distant targets.

Craig

I just picked up a tac 30 from another forum member and I'm extremely unimpressed with the illumination. In moderate afternoon daylight I'm not seeing any red. Scope was new in box and battery was not installed. Indoors I can pick up the red, but outdoors I'm not seeing it. Do I need to send it to Burris?

And yes, I do know how to increase and decrease the illumination.