Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun Match

The AR15Targets Texas State Tactical 2-Gun

Presented by AR15TARGETS, INC.

DATES: February 19-20th, 2011

LOCATION: Hosted by Best of the West Shooting Sports Liberty Hill, Texas

COST: $135 entry fee includes lunch and T-Shirt. There is a $20 discount for early registration. There is an additional $20 discount for military or law enforcement. ($40 discount if military/LE apply by early registration date)

PRIZE TABLE: Over $10,000 in gear, brand new firearms, and CASH!

RULES: Rules will be IMGA

DIVISIONS:

Tactical Division: 1 optic allowed on rifle, any pistol 9mm or greater without optics.

Limited Division: Iron sights and/or 1 unmagnified optic allowed on rifle, any pistol 9mm or greater without optics.

Heavy Tactical: 1 optic allowed on rifle of .308 or larger, any pistol 9mm or greater without optics.

REGISTRATION: Registration begins December 15th. MATCH WEBSITE (application here)

HOPE TO SEE YALL OUT THERE

Edited by GorillaTactical

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration begins Dec 2011 and the match is Feb 2011? No one has posted any smarta$$ remarks about this yet? I am disappointed in my fellow smarta$$es.

Joking aside, sounds like a fun match. I might have to head that way.

Registration begins Dec 2011 and the match is Feb 2011? No one has posted any smarta$ remarks about this yet? I am disappointed in my fellow smarta$es.

Joking aside, sounds like a fun match. I might have to head that way.

You mean you don't own a flux capacitor J Ho? wacko.gif

How is Soldier of Fortune involved in your match?

and this match is not affiliated with the Soldier Of Fortune match at all Mark.

[/color][/size]and this match is not affiliated with the Soldier Of Fortune game at all Mark.

The Soldier of Fortune game was made under license of the SOF Magazine name. As was the Soldier of Fortune TV Show. Soldier of Fortune also ran some of the first 3 gun matches starting in 1979 (IIRC from what KurtM posted) until 2003 when the match turned into Rocky Mountain 3 Gun. The name is giving the appearance of association with the magazine and a long running competition.

http://www.sofmag.com/

So do you have any association with the magazine? If not, they might not be happy with their trade mark being used.

Or the father of all 3 Gun Matches...The Soldier of Fortune Match, held for 20 years.

And none of the entities are bothered with their name being used.

Not trying to start something as I bet it will be a good match but using a name that

MAY have a copyright attached to it could pose a problem.

Patrick

Note it is $oldier of Fortune not Soldier of Fortune.

Just because she says her name is Betty does not mean she is a woman:o

And I do not live in the Alamo, but I can walk on water if it is shallow enough

Edited by AlamoShooter

Seriously, I made the assumption that it is affiliated and thought wow, coming back! Missed all the originals due to Military Duty and then the big C.

Still want to go there and check it out.

Jack

Note it is $oldier of Fortune not Soldier of Fortune.

Just because she says her name is Betty does not mean she is a woman:o

And I do not live in the Alamo, but I can walk on water if it is shallow enough

You always crack me up, Jamie! :roflol:

Thankfully, Soldier of Fortune is a generic term used by publications, video games, magazines, etc.

No Copyright problems....but thanks for voicing the concern! Wouldn't want to get in trouble haha.

Might want to check with a copyright attorney before you make that decision. The US Patents and Trademarks office has "Soldier of Fortune" listed as a protected entity. The owner has sued other entities for infringement.

There are several protections for Soldier of Fortune and SOF...

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4003:vlv7u3.3.14

Thankfully, Soldier of Fortune is a generic term used by publications, video games, magazines, etc.

No Copyright problems....but thanks for voicing the concern! Wouldn't want to get in trouble haha.

Might want to check with a copyright attorney before you make that decision. The US Patents and Trademarks office has "Soldier of Fortune" listed as a protected entity. The owner has sued other entities for infringement.

There are several protections for Soldier of Fortune and SOF...

http://tess2.uspto.g...003:vlv7u3.3.14

Match Name Updated