Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship 2011

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are the ticks and poison oak etc really that bad that I absolutely need to wear long pants? Do I have to ditch my cleats and drench my legs in bug spray?

Some folks seem to have more problem with this than others. I have worn shorts each year without hazzard. I take a tick and flea collar and cut it in two and run half of it in the laces of each boot and after 3 matches at Rockcastle, no ticks.

Are the ticks and poison oak etc really that bad that I absolutely need to wear long pants? Do I have to ditch my cleats and drench my legs in bug spray?

Some folks seem to have more problem with this than others. I have worn shorts each year without hazzard. I take a tick and flea collar and cut it in two and run half of it in the laces of each boot and after 3 matches at Rockcastle, no ticks.

I wouldn't advise that:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdeploymenthealthlibrary.fhp.osd.mil%2FProduct%2FRetrieveFile%3FprodId%3D154&rct=j&q=flea%20and%20tick%20collars%20around%20boots&ei=DqS0Tdy4CYG3twf1ieXpDg&usg=AFQjCNGro7xhVsiGzmI0BAFqBSi-li0ItQ&sig2=50m1jARuae5JB-UuY8Nigw&cad=rja

Worse than ticks is when the front sight breaks off you pistol the Sunday (today) before. Well I guess were back to the old xd.

Hey there, better now than on the first stage of the match!

The rear ghost ring sight flew off of the back of my shotgun after the first slug on the first stage last weekend in Texas. Not a great way to boost your confidence for the rest of the match. :roflol:

Worse than ticks is when the front sight breaks off you pistol the Sunday (today) before. Well I guess were back to the old xd.

Hey there, better now than on the first stage of the match!

The rear ghost ring sight flew off of the back of my shotgun after the first slug on the first stage last weekend in Texas. Not a great way to boost your confidence for the rest of the match. :roflol:

Good point. Just hard going back to the xd after having an STI. Now gotta get it out and make sure it still hits being that it hasn't been run in almost a year. Not worried the match is going to be fun and now I have a excuse :roflol:

I wouldn't advise that:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdeploymenthealthlibrary.fhp.osd.mil%2FProduct%2FRetrieveFile%3FprodId%3D154&rct=j&q=flea%20and%20tick%20collars%20around%20boots&ei=DqS0Tdy4CYG3twf1ieXpDg&usg=AFQjCNGro7xhVsiGzmI0BAFqBSi-li0ItQ&sig2=50m1jARuae5JB-UuY8Nigw&cad=rja

I had not seen the advisory bulletin before. All I can say is it worked well for me putting them under the laces. I did wash my hand well after I placed the collar under my boot laces and this is a trick I learned from a jungle warfare teacher.

I had not seen the advisory bulletin before. All I can say is it worked well for me putting them under the laces. I did wash my hand well after I placed the collar under my boot laces and this is a trick I learned from a jungle warfare teacher.

I believe it and after reading your post, I realized that you didn't wrap them around your legs like the guy in the DoD advisory did. I'll definitely be using something though - if you don't want to take sixty doses of doxycycline, check for ticks nightly! :cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

I believe it and after reading your post, I realized that you didn't wrap them around your legs like the guy in the DoD advisory did. I'll definitely be using something though - if you don't want to take sixty doses of doxycycline, check for ticks nightly! :cheers:

I used two hung louse on my boots and the extra that I cut off was hung at the ends of my shooting bag to keep the hitchhikers from getting back to my room on my bag.

Tick climb up , they are not wired to climb down = thats why you tuck in your shirt and pant leg.

If you want nightmares look at some of the Canadian video of what the ticks do to the Mose saw some video that the tick removed 30% of the moses blood ,I had to switch Chanel's

Eat garlic or match heads. Its worked for me for years in all kind of tick infested places........

I've heard about the garlic for mosquitos, never deer ticks. We learn something new all the time! Match Heads? Like the wooden kitchen matches?

Eat garlic or match heads. Its worked for me for years in all kind of tick infested places........

I've heard about the garlic for mosquitos, never deer ticks. We learn something new all the time! Match Heads? Like the wooden kitchen matches?

Paper matches as well. Its the sulphur.......

Any updates on the road conditions on Rockcastle?

Roads? I hope they have not put in roads. It was the trails especially all of those to nowhere that made the place so appealing...as long as we have no rain all will be well since gravel there has a half life of hours rather than days.

Any updates on the road conditions on Rockcastle?

Roads? I hope they have not put in roads. It was the trails especially all of those to nowhere that made the place so appealing...as long as we have no rain all will be well since gravel there has a half life of hours rather than days.

Belive it or not... Last years match was my justification for buying a 4x4 recently... :lol:

No need for it 362 days of the year, but those three days at Rockcastle....

Edited by Gaoler