Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSA Signs

ChuckS

Is it bad I find none of this funny at all?

I especially love the stories about 4 year old boys being forced to disrobe in public and then getting molested by these pieces of ****. Sorry but if I had a little boy and some TSA moron touched his junk "for our safety" I'm probably going to jail for beating him senseless.

I especially love the stories about 4 year old boys being forced to disrobe in public and then getting molested by these pieces of ****. Sorry but if I had a little boy and some TSA moron touched his junk "for our safety" I'm probably going to jail for beating him senseless.

Probably. I travel a LOT and nothing much has changed for several months. I've taken the tour of the monitoring rooms and they have lots of protocols in place. It is NOT as bad as the media is making it out to be.

funny they may be, but i think im with you on this one. its rediculous that we have to suffer this to fly somewhere. every time they make a little kid take his shirt off or an 85 yr old woman get patted down for weapons, the terrorists are winning. :angry2: ....

edited to remove something i shouldnt have typed.

Edited by Corey

every time they make a little kid take his shirt off or an 85 yr old woman get patted down for weapons, the terrorists are winning.

The price we have to pay for our open boarders and other unenforced laws.

I travel a LOT and nothing much has changed for several months. I've taken the tour of the monitoring rooms and they have lots of protocols in place. It is NOT as bad as the media is making it out to be.

And you base your opinion on the fact that you haven't personally experienced it? The reports I've heard and read are not from the media, these are friends and relatives talking to me.

I travel a LOT and nothing much has changed for several months. I've taken the tour of the monitoring rooms and they have lots of protocols in place. It is NOT as bad as the media is making it out to be.

And you base your opinion on the fact that you haven't personally experienced it? The reports I've heard and read are not from the media, these are friends and relatives talking to me.

No, I HAVE, and it is not that big of a deal. For a nun who never travels and has never been to the beach, maybe. I won't argue with you that there may be better solutions.

Probably. I travel a LOT and nothing much has changed for several months. I've taken the tour of the monitoring rooms and they have lots of protocols in place. It is NOT as bad as the media is making it out to be.

Actually its far worse than the media makes it out to be. I am not speaking to the "personal invasiveness" of the search, I am speaking to the idea that no one wants to discuss 4th amendment violations involved. They are searching you and have no probable cause. All in the name of safety. It is simply sad that most people prefer psychological comfort instead of truly effective measures of security.

This would be the equivalent of a police officer searching you in the mall or supermarket while you were shopping with your family.

Time will tell if it is true or not but talk radio was interviewing a young Army Veteran yesterday who was not allowed on his flight at DFW because TSA refused to let him board the plane with his prosthetic arm. Since the arm is electronically powered and computer animated they demanded for it to be disassembled...way over the top.

Edited by smokshwn

Actually its far worse than the media makes it out to be. They are searching you and have no probable cause to base the search on. This would be the equivalent of a police officer pulling you over and searching you and the contents of your car without you ever having committed a driving/equipment infraction.

Not even close. If an LEO pulls you over, you have no choice, you are under arrest and NOT free to leave. With the TSA, you have multiple choices. First, you can not go to an international airport, second you can request the milliwave scan or the pat-down or a private screening. You can even choose a different TSA agent if you want. No one is forcing you to go to the airport and no-one is singling you out as in your analogy.

I am NOT a fan, but the people who American have voted in have brought us this nightmare and now we have to deal. Stop screaming at TSA and start screaming about the open borders, etc.!

Now I have probably violated some posting rule so I am done with this topic here in the HUMOR forum. If you feel the need, PM me. Sorry ChuckS for the straying of your post.

Edited by MarkCO

Actually its far worse than the media makes it out to be. They are searching you and have no probable cause to base the search on. This would be the equivalent of a police officer pulling you over and searching you and the contents of your car without you ever having committed a driving/equipment infraction.

Not even close. If an LEO pulls you over, you have no choice, you are under arrest and NOT free to leave. With the TSA, you have multiple choices. First, you can not go to an international airport, second you can request the milliwave scan or the pat-down or a private screening. You can even choose a different TSA agent if you want. No one is forcing you to go to the airport and no-one is singling you out as in your analogy.

I am NOT a fan, but the people who American have voted in have brought us this nightmare and now we have to deal. Stop screaming at TSA and start screaming about the open borders, etc.!

Now I have probably violated some posting rule so I am done with this topic here in the HUMOR forum. If you feel the need, PM me. Sorry ChuckS for the straying of your post.

Allowing for state statute differences in defining arrest I think we can agree that if an LEO pulls me over he has to be able to articulate my infraction, or reasonable suspicion for the stop. If there is to be a search involved he then must have probable cause for the search. Neither reasonable suspicion nor probable cause exist for the search at the airport simply because I bought a plane ticket to visit family for Christmas.

I agree with you probably more than the humor thread needs. Talk to you soon.

Edited by smokshwn