Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Alabama Sectional Championship

I was amazed when I learned that this club is less than 3 years old. To have put on this match, that young is amazing.

We had a glitch or two, but nothing big and I think most enjoyed the match and the great weather.

Kudo's to all who made this happen and to a really good bunch of competitors.

Gary

Next time shoot that steel with some lower PF ammo for me. :roflol:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought this was a very well run match. Our squad never had to stand around for long before getting on a stage. The stages were put together well and were challenging. Thanks to squad 8 for a great group of people. We talked about our squad on the way home and everyone was pleased that we had such a great group of people. A special thanks to Bobby for being "squad mom" and keeping things moving. Also to Susan and Mark for putting together a great "get together" on Friday night. Next time I will bring my Slim Jim. :rolleyes:

Ditto on both the quality of the stages, the match overall and the great group of folks from squad 8. I had never met any ya'll prior to the match but had a great time. Everybody pitched in and there was somebody waiting with pasters at every target/resetting steel, etc to let the RO score and it made us all be able to run through each stage quick. Very impressive watching some of the single stack guys shoot too. Look forward to running into you all again down the road. Thanks again to Mark and the crew for putting on a great match.

Eric Johnson

aka Stik

aka The Flying Crane

Here is my humble video from the match. Not real happy with stages 1, 4, and 7 but it is what it is and you move on! I'll have that problem worked out shortly. Gotta get it going before SS nats!

Big congrats to Bill Munier for Whooping my butt but being gracious about it biggrin.gifcheers.gif. Squad 8 was a pleasure to shoot with. We all would bust butt and every time I would turn around I would have to run to claim a target to paste!

Besides being an awesome SS shooter, Bill is an awesome guy. I am proud to call him a friend.

Twice that.

Bill is a good man and I'm proud to know him and get to regularly see him shoot a 1911.

I also notice Randy Arrowood came close, within 3 points, of placing Second while shooting Minor. 2 extra rounds or not, that's pretty awesome.

He's on fire and he'll make at least Master before the year is out.

It was a great match for those of you who missed it. The weather was nice, the stages were excellent and everything flowed really smooth.

Really a very good match. I'm marking this one down for next year.

Thanks to squad 3 and the match staff, especially the singing RO's of stage 7.:rolleyes:

Besides being an awesome SS shooter, Bill is an awesome guy. I am proud to call him a friend.

Twice that.

Bill is a good man and I'm proud to know him and get to regularly see him shoot a 1911.

I also notice Randy Arrowood came close, within 3 points, of placing Second while shooting Minor. 2 extra rounds or not, that's pretty awesome.

He's on fire and he'll make at least Master before the year is out.

Yeah me and Gary where talking that was a match where Minor had an advantage for sure. I usually can stay with the production guys on time but at this match those extra 2 rounds had a distinct advantage if you could get your points! I'm still not going to do it devil.gif

It's not that the stages were hard, they could be shot numerous ways. What made the stages difficult was finding the FASTEST way to shoot them. Then trusting that YOUR way was the fast way even though you watch everyone else shoot it differently. I love breaking stages down, I had no shortage of that at this match. Sometimes it was a team effort!

Great stages with many options. Really enjoyed them.

I felt like a bull in a china shop at times, but man was it fun to push hard on these. Some of the stages let me stretch my legs. I think I finished no less than 3 stages with a leg in the air. This being my first big match shooting production I learned a few things. Minor scoring. 'Nough said.

Thanks to the staff for a great event.

Mark and crew,

I wanted to thank y'all for really fun match. Y'all did a great job especially since it was your first major at that range. Personally, I liked the high round count stages. My philosophy is if you travel to shoot a match...you want to shoot. So the more rounds the better (y'all probably know that from the matches I have run). Great stages Jeremy. The match flowed very well....my squad was finished around 3:00. My only suggestion would be a tent for chrono. We chrono'd after lunch and my bullets had been sitting in the sun. They were too hot to touch when we got there. Using a reverse temp sensitive powder, I barely eeked out major. The concern would be for the powders that speed up in the heat. :blink: Not to mention that your chrono man would probably appreciate the shade.. ;)

Enjoyed shooting with everyone on squad 3. Thanks to all of the sponsors.

Mark, I forgot to submit my survey but will email my answers to you.

Again, thanks.

Edited by Jack Suber

What a great match! What great people! Thank you all (y'all) for having us 2 Northern girls (gals). I know now exactly what the term 'Southern hospitality' means. My buddy Evelyn and I felt at home from the minute we got off of the airplane. It was a pleasure getting to meet a lot of you that I only knew by your 'screen name' here on BE and I can honestly say I made a lot of new friends. And was surprised to be able to reconnect with some old ones! Our squad (9) was fantastic.

The stages were awesome. Thanks to everyone for all of your hard work. Unfortunately, I left all my shooting skills back in Boston, but,I came to have fun and fun I had. The heat really did me in though, I have to ease my way into that kinda hot - we came from 30 degrees up here. And when we got home last night - it was still 30 degrees! And snowing now as I write this!

And, whoever came up with the 'ladies only' port-a-pottie', you deserve an award! You have NO idea what that meant to the ladies! I'm fighting for one at our Area 7 Championship in September.

Here's a link to pictures I took. I think you can add comments so please add names to them since I'm really bad with names.

https://picasaweb.google.com/deehmah/AlabamaSectionals?authkey=Gv1sRgCPPL1aqRtfL0twE&feat=directlink

spanky, It was great shooting with you. You are for sure higher than "B" class. Both in shooting and in personality. :cheers:

Thanks, Dan. It was great shooting with you as well! Hope to do so again soon.

What a great match! What great people! Thank you all (y'all) for having us 2 Northern girls (gals). I know now exactly what the term 'Southern hospitality' means. My buddy Evelyn and I felt at home from the minute we got off of the airplane. It was a pleasure getting to meet a lot of you that I only knew by your 'screen name' here on BE and I can honestly say I made a lot of new friends. And was surprised to be able to reconnect with some old ones! Our squad (9) was fantastic.

The stages were awesome. Thanks to everyone for all of your hard work. Unfortunately, I left all my shooting skills back in Boston, but,I came to have fun and fun I had. The heat really did me in though, I have to ease my way into that kinda hot - we came from 30 degrees up here. And when we got home last night - it was still 30 degrees! And snowing now as I write this!

And, whoever came up with the 'ladies only' port-a-pottie', you deserve an award! You have NO idea what that meant to the ladies! I'm fighting for one at our Area 7 Championship in September.

Here's a link to pictures I took. I think you can add comments so please add names to them since I'm really bad with names.

https://picasaweb.google.com/deehmah/AlabamaSectionals?authkey=Gv1sRgCPPL1aqRtfL0twE&feat=directlink

Those are some great photos Donna!

What a great match! What great people!

It was great Donna! As I forgot I had my camera in my bag, THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS!

Gonna use one of your pics for my avatar Donna, hope you don't mind.

Nope - I'd be flattered!

Thanks, now if I can just get the video to post instead of just the link.

Ha! Got it. Amazing what a few extra letters will do to a link.

What a great match! What great people!

It was great Donna! As I forgot I had my camera in my bag, THANKS FOR THE PHOTOS!

De nada! El gusto es mio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenn-m1911/

Here are some more pics

Were glad yall had fun come on back when you can

THANKS

Jason

Donna, if the Thibodaux's and Boudreau's gave you a hard time, just let me know and I'll take care of them for you. ;)

No way! We go wayyyy back! Babes with bullets alumni! I was thrilled to find out we were squadded together. But thanks for having my back!