Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what I got was a Xmass card that said 'see you at the match' maybey I should get more of a confirmation

Jamie

Jamie,

Dan confirmed that both you and Stuart are also in the match (I mentioned that we were traveling together and needed to squad together).

Doug

Cool thanks ,

Also round counts posted and other info updated. Please take note that 00 Buck is required for one stage and is only allowed on that stage.

I have two questions for match officials after reading the rules.

1. 6.1.7, Is a single hole considered to be a "significant piece visibly detached" or not?

2. 00 buck, Are you allowing flight control wads or not? Since it only says 00 buck, may I use 9 and 12 pellet 00 buck? Will the best 2 hits for 00 buck be scored, or some other method.

Thanks much!

1. Was answered on another forum...

If you can see a pellet made a hole in the static clay, then a visible piece has been detached (i.e. a piece of the clay is visibly missing). We intended no change to the previous way of scoring... it's still "one BB hole = broken".

The "significant" part pertains more to flying clays... basically, we want to see a chunk come off, not just dust.

2: Any 00 buckshot should be OK, so long as the projectiles are lead or bismuth (i.e. no steel, tungsten etc., if such a load is available). Paper targets will be scored like pistol targets - one A/B or two hits anywhere (wad holes don't count, though, of course. ). Steel to fall. Basically, make sure you know your pattern out to, say, 20 yards.

Thanks for the info! A couple other dumb questions if you guys don't mind:

1) During any of the stages, will we have need to sling our shotguns? Or our rifles?

2) Re: Rule 6.1.7 "Frangible targets (e.g. clay pigeons) must break by gunfire to score". Could you clarify the scenario where a flying clay inadvertently breaks as it is thrown up?

Thanks!

1) During any of the stages, will we have need to sling our shotguns? Or our rifles?

No, none of the stages require any long gun - rifle or shotgun - to be slung. The only possible use for a sling would be to comply with the "carry between stages" rules (i.e. unloaded and cased or slung).

2) Re: Rule 6.1.7 "Frangible targets (e.g. clay pigeons) must break by gunfire to score". Could you clarify the scenario where a flying clay inadvertently breaks as it is thrown up?

This year we will have flying clays on one stage. The WSB includes the following:

"Any SHOOT clay pigeon that breaks on launch will be deemed hit provided the competitor fires a bona fide, dedicated shot at the pieces. Any NO SHOOT clay pigeon that breaks on launch will not count for penalty."

:D

Edited by StealthyBlagga

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody on the wait list is going to get a slot.. I had to bail out. Doesn't look good for the season if the Mortgage Company wants to get paid. You all have fun out there. Will miss you crazy cats!

Mike

Mike sorry you can't play

Getting ready for the kick off of the 3gun season, and I can't wait. I have never shot this match, but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Are you squadded with us? Are you sleeping in Kurts closet again?

Those silly pop up targets wont be showing up again will they?

By "silly pop up targets" I assume you mean the ones that everyone "hit a bunch of time but they never went down" ? :roflol:

Much to my dismay I am pretty sure they are going to make a encore appearance.

I'm in the dismay business. That and the suspend-folks-by-their-gentlemans-vegetables business :D

Getting ready for the kick off of the 3gun season, and I can't wait. I have never shot this match, but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Are you squadded with us? Are you sleeping in Kurts closet again?

The real question is are you squadded with me?