Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Z6i 1-6x24 BRT?

J-Rob

Got mine almost a month ago.

Fantastic piece of glass. You can try and compare it with zeiss 1-4 \ red dot reticle or with SB Short Dot that was blessed by Larry Vickers.

But Swarovski is the only one with 1-6 ratio and price tag is smaller than other two.

I got mine for 2K - not a bad deal for my areal of living.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it from one of my shooting mate. Nice Glass, nice reticle, true 1X, and unbelievable 6X zoom. The glass quality is like nightforce or US Optics. Reticle has bright illuminated center reticle. And have holds. Reticle can be a little crowded for some. It's on the expensive side. Can buy 2 1-4 NSX nighforce, 3 Trijicon Accupoint TR-24, almost same price as Scmidth and Bender 1-4x. If you need one and can afford one then go for it. It's the only one that is true 1X and have 6x zoom. It's an optics marvel.

Not really. Both of those have poor illumination. The 1-8 Short Dot is pretty cool, but the eye relief changes dramatically when the magnification increases. The little 1-4 are both missing the higher magnification (and have poor illumination).

Another contender is the IOR 1.5-8. Nice glass, 34mm tube, fat horseshoe reticle (like the one on the 1.1-4 IOR), dim illumination.

A

Not really. Both of those have poor illumination. The 1-8 Short Dot is pretty cool, but the eye relief changes dramatically when the magnification increases. The little 1-4 are both missing the higher magnification (and have poor illumination).

Another contender is the IOR 1.5-8. Nice glass, 34mm tube, fat horseshoe reticle (like the one on the 1.1-4 IOR), dim illumination.

A

From what I have seen the Short Dots have good daylight illumination. I do prefer my Swarovski's though.

Pat

For me just the cost. For me this is the best for 3-gun. 1-6x with true 1, good reticle and glass. If you have the coin to spare. Btw, it's a huge scope also i forgot.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy this optic Swaro Z6i for use on my AR for 3 Gun competition?

I agree except in relation to similar scopes it's not that big.

Swaro Z6i 1-6x24 BRT Length - 11.65" Weight - 16.2 oz

Meopta R1 1-4x22 Kdot Length - 12" Weight - 18.7 oz.

S&B 1.1-4x20 Short Dot Length - 10.6" Weight - 18.7 oz.

Doug

She ain't fat, she's big boned! It is very similar to the TR24 and mepota. The only reason not to buy one is cost. If I had the cash I'd have two.

Edited by ATAS

So I hate the lens covers that came w/ the Z6i. I'm thinking of getting one of those neoprene jobs. I poked around on Midway and it looks like they come in a few sizes but I'm not sure which would fit the best. They have:

10.5"x30mm

12.5"x42mm

12.5"x50mm (this is what I'm leaning towards)

Any suggestions?

So I hate the lens covers that came w/ the Z6i. I'm thinking of getting one of those neoprene jobs. I poked around on Midway and it looks like they come in a few sizes but I'm not sure which would fit the best. They have:

10.5"x30mm

12.5"x42mm

Any suggestions?

I rigged up some butler creek scope covers for one of mine.

Pat

01.jpg

10.5"x30mm

12.5"x42mm

Any suggestions?

I dont like those covers either but I like my scopecoat that I had on my old scope. I spoke to a very helpful woman at Scopecoat about one if their covers for my Z6i and I dont think they have one that is purfect for it because of the larger rear illumination module. She also told me that I could measure my scope and get back to them with the dimensions and they would build me a custom cover. I will call them in Monday and get mine ordered. I'll try to remember to post some specifics about my order so anyone else can order a similar cover.

I am also going to order a cover for my RMR in the offset Burkett mount.