Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

House Fire

CSEMARTIN

We've had two toddlers die this month in house fires. All the adults in both fires made it out with no injuries. Both fires claimed the life of a child.

How do you leave a kid behind? I'm just sick by this. This little 2 yo girl was burned head to toe.

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/newsnow/x1946667873/Child-dies-after-house-fire

Read the last paragraph...."Three other adults were home and all escaped uninjured."

I try not to judge these situations.....
Me too.

After sixteen years as a Professional Fireman/Paramedic, I on the other hand have no issue with judging them :closedeyes:

Make that 22yrs for me as Fireman/EMT, & I'm with you pretty much. I've seen a reverse of that though. Guy tried to save his kids & lost the fight. Our guys saved 4 of them but lost two plus the Dad. Turned out he wasn't even the biological Dad but still, he gave all. Worst fire thing I've seen.

If people would just put up lots of smoke detectors & keep batteries in them, they would save more lives than all us so called professionals ever have. Detectors save lives & property.

MLM

If people would just put up lots of smoke detectors & keep batteries in them, they would save more lives than all us so called professionals ever have. Detectors save lives & property.

MLM

So do sprinklers, but the Fire Protection industry and the code writers have never pushed for a residential requirement. :angry: I guess if average people can't keep a simple 9 Volt battery in their smoke detectors, they wouldnt bother to maintain their sprinklers either.

the sad part is some people out there don't care. there was a you tube video a while back that made the run on arfcom. 2 small chidren died in a fire while mom and aunt were out. The aunt was more concerned about her food stamp card getting burned up in the fire that the kids. People like that are the worst kind

After reading this I had to open my daughter's bedroom door and clear the path from mine to her's. Probably will not sleep well tonight. I'll remember Aryanna's Dad James and Mom Heather in my prayers. I couldn't imagine...