Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Tactical Shotgun Championship Match

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Good luck with the match, I'm sure it will be great. I would be there if it wasn't for taking the spouse out of town that week. Hopefully next year.

Thanks

Carl Carbon

• 1 month later...

Figure on 180 rounds of bird shot.....15 slugs

We will have 2 of those MGM whirly flipper things that you flip once with bird shot.....so bring more.

As for the prize table.....we'll have a lot of guns I am finding out......we'll distribute the prizes equtable between all the divisions. So we will have a seperate prize table for each division .....WOO HOO!!!

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

no buckshot.....and that can be a good thing. No paper either!!

You'll want to know where you slugs are shooting out to about 90yds....Not going to let a whole lot out on the slug stage......but I believe that people will like it and you will have a gallery, the entire match for that matter as your gallery

Tim

The RO's will be shooting on THursday so you will be able to registar then, probably into the evening.

Friday morning from 7:00am and we will be shooting at 8:00am

Tim

Forgot.....shooters meeting will be at 7:30am

Thanks guys! It was a great match. Tyler and I were shooting it out with slugs down to the last shot. Very cool way to finish the match. I am positive more people are gonna want to shoot this thing next year after seeing the match video.

Thanks again to the MD, RM, RO's, and the range staff for all the hard work!!!

It was an awesome match! Two thumbs up to Tim and all involved who made this possible. It had it all; running and gunning, spinners, flippers, flyers, and even charcoal brickettes. Yeah that's right charcoal brickettes.

Jesse Tishauser took Tactical

Jansen Jones took Pump

Doug Hartley took Open

Tactical all came down to the slug stage ran today in front of everyone with Jesse winning by a mere 6.85 match points over Tyler Payne....... :surprise: Great job Jesse!!! What was really cool was Tyler's father....Brian Payne ended up taking 3rd place in this match.

On behalf of the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range and Nordic Components we like to extend a huge thank you to everyone that came out.

Like the Tri-gun that preceeded this match at this range, we expect to grow into one of the 'go to' matches on the summer calendar.....see you all next year!!

Results should be posted on the Nordic Components website in the next few days!!

Edited by TRUBL

Thank you to Tim and Nordic Components. They are such a great supporter of our sport. I've never been to a large match where Nordic Components has not been a sponsor of some type. So when they came calling for RO's, it was the least I could do for them. And what a fun match it was. I can now honestly boast that I've shot charcoal brickettes in the air.

Thank you also to Randy Luth and the Del-Tone/Luth Range. It was great to be back shooting a big match again at that range, not to mention my home state. As Tim said, I too hope to see this event to grow as big as the Tri-Gun Challenge once was. To my fellow RO's, we had a great bunch and thanks for the company and laughs.

Special recognitions goes out to Susan Whitt and Bill Hartman. They each won a full size pepper popper which they in turn donated to the Minnesota 3-Gun Group. On behalf of the Minnesota 3-Gun Group, a big thank you to them. We love the sport, but the appreciation and support of those that participate are the driving force for us in the group to work hard on continuing the sport here in Minnesota.

Charcoal for killing not grilling..........great weather...All of the competitors were friendly and easy to work with.....all in all a fun weekend working the match.

Nice to meet Jesse (who assured me of only kind words about my RO'ing if he nailed my stage, which he did) and see Jansen again. Nathan Lane came all the way from Alabama (War Eagle!) with his dad and shot very well. I'd love to see more out of staters at next summer's match and bring back that old DPMS Trigun feel to end the summer.

Maybe Tim will use my Navy Seal shooting out of the swamp idea next year :ph34r:

Another tradition has been born, see ya'll in 2012.

Well my shooting compadre Villamor pretty much summed it up.

Thanks Tim for getting it all rolling, and Bob for being the best RM. Uncle Randy for hosting the match at his range. Please remember that Randy and his range has been attacked by those who would shut him down. High caliber matches with positive exposure can do good for the facility.

Thanks to Susan and Bill for the pp donation. The generosity in this sport is amazing, from both the competitors and the sponsors. It was good to see some friend and meet some new ones.

Jay