Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Now that FB3G has allowed 1x optics in TacIron, how many competitors will jump over to Tac Iron???

How many will add an unmagnified optic to their rifle???

It will be interesting to see how many more matches next year will adopt the unmagnified class, Now if we can get it implemented for Heavy metal and do away with all the other HM spinoffs, and mutated versions, and simply go with unmagnified 308/20rds, 12ga pump, and 45acp/10rds.

trapr

Now that FB3G has allowed 1x optics in TacIron, how many competitors will jump over to Tac Iron???

How many will add an unmagnified optic to their rifle???

It will be interesting to see how many more matches next year will adopt the unmagnified class, Now if we can get it implemented for Heavy metal and do away with all the other HM spinoffs, and mutated versions, and simply go with unmagnified 308/20rds, 12ga pump, and 45acp/10rds.

trapr

PLEASE MATCH DIRECTORS IMPLEMENT 1X IN HM!!!!!

Yes, I know all caps is shouting. This needs to happen......PLEASE.

Patrick

Looks like 1x sights are a go for HM too. I just bolted on an offset Burris Fastfire for the close stuff, and if I like it I might go to a thinner front sight post for long-range. Or I could just put an Eotech on it and use it for everything. Or I could finally bring my 5.56mm 10.5" Eotech-equipped "working gun" out to play in TI... damn, too many hard decisions!

DanO

if you shot tact irons is okay to EO Tech, no irons sights or have irons folded and mounted off to the side.

thanks

found out the anwser you use 1X optic and NO iron sights if you chose.

PLEASE MATCH DIRECTORS IMPLEMENT 1X IN HM!!!!!

Yes, I know all caps is shouting. This needs to happen......PLEASE.

Patrick

You just want more people to shoot against :sight: haha.

I think a lot of people may switch from TacOps to TacIrons. the last 3gun i went to, while being short bays and scaled targets, saw a lot of 1x red dots being used. I think some of those people may want to shoot against other 1x RDS instead of variable powered optics.

Just to stir the pot.

After Playing .308 HM last year. I have to say, I like the .308 part. It is the 12ga PUMP and the 10 rnd , 45 part I didn’t like.

I know waaaaa waaa But Hey I did it,, and gave it a try…

At Last Year’s LaRue, you could shoot, any shotgun or Pistol, they only Heavy requirement was the rifle.

I say that knowing that this coming up LaRue 2011,, / Texas 3 Gun,,,,, is going to be different, we just don’t know what that is yet,,

So what I’m saying it maybe it’s not the HM rifle holding HM back,,, it’s the Pump and the .45.

I know 9mm made me weak!

I will now pull my paddle from the pot. And run to a safe place,,, awaiting the fall out .

Jim, at LaRue they do not recognize iron sights as a viable division so there is no comparison. as for wanting to shoot a 308 rifle with an optic, a 9 and auto shotgun you can do that,.......................................in Tac Optics!!!!

trapr

308 as used today by the Military, LE, and Federal agencies all have optics. Why not do away with Heavy Irons and switch to all optics in HM? It makes sense to me anyway.

Instead of that, why not go a step further and just eliminate divisions completely? Run what you brung, heads up, etc. No handicaps of any kind, no equipment divisions, no skill divisions, no decared power factor, nothing. Just show up and use what you have within safety and course description parameters.

Sounds like a good way to "level the playing field" to me. I doubt if match results would change very much accross the board.

Jim, at LaRue they do not recognize iron sights as a viable division so there is no comparison. as for wanting to shoot a 308 rifle with an optic, a 9 and auto shotgun you can do that,.......................................in Tac Optics!!!!

trapr

Very true. And Depending on the Match, that might just equal brining the Right tool for the Job.

I have to say that I'm disappointed with adding 1x optics to the Heavy Metal. One of the reasons I shoot HM is the challenge of the basic fundamentals of shooting and the heavy caliber. Alligning the front and rear sight to acquire the target and determining your hold-over is more challenging that putting a 1-point dot on the target. And now EoTech makes a 1x optic for the 308 with multiple dots to compensate for the bullet drop.

I just feel that HM and Tac Irons should be left alone to iron sights only as that is what makes them more challenging that the rest.

308 as used today by the Military, LE, and Federal agencies all have optics. Why not do away with Heavy Irons and switch to all optics in HM? It makes sense to me anyway.

Many of the major matches this year that have offered both Heavy Irons and Heavy Optic have had near equal shooters in each divisions. At the Ozark we outnumbered the HO shooters by 2.

Some of us like the challenge of using irons. I don't find it that interesting using an optic and I know I'm not alone.

Instead of that, why not go a step further and just eliminate divisions completely? Run what you brung, heads up, etc. No handicaps of any kind, no equipment divisions, no skill divisions, no decared power factor, nothing. Just show up and use what you have within safety and course description parameters.

Sounds like a good way to "level the playing field" to me. I doubt if match results would change very much accross the board.

Wrong.

At every match I have scored over the last 3 years, in every case except one (LaRue Tactical), the match winner would have been an Open division shooter. And LaRue Tactical did not have any Open Division shooters.

In most cases, the ONLY Tact Optics shooter in the top 5 is Daniel Horner. Shooting "straight up" is a great idea when you are shooting the local match for fun. It is a bad idea when you are putting up a prize table & the bulk of your shooters prefer Tact-Optics. It would start an "arms race" that would seriously change the game & inhibit new shooters entering the sport.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Many of the major matches this year that have offered both Heavy Irons and Heavy Optic have had near equal shooters in each divisions. At the Ozark we outnumbered the HO shooters by 2.

Some of us like the challenge of using irons. I don't find it that interesting using an optic and I know I'm not alone.

Then shoot Irons, and leave the red dot off. No one is saying you have to go out and buy a red dot. You can still shoot your iron sights. And most of the good iron shooters are saying that with the Paralax issues that red dots have, you're better off shooting irons at distance anyway. We've had a couple matches now with the Red Dots in Limited Divisions. Has a red dot shooter won yet?