Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone comment on the chromed parts in the JM Pro trigger assembly--are they producing a noticably better trigger pull than the standard 930's? Is it a difficult job to hone a chromed part(If needed)as opposed to one that is not?

Can anyone comment on the chromed parts in the JM Pro trigger assembly--are they producing a noticably better trigger pull than the standard 930's? Is it a difficult job to hone a chromed part(If needed)as opposed to one that is not?

The trigger doesn't feel much different to me than my other 930.

4lbs 6oz on a lyman gauge. I was surprised because it felt lighter.

Bottom line, is there any meaningful advantage in having a 930 with the chrome parts as opposed to one that doesn't?

Bottom line, is there any meaningful advantage in having a 930 with the chrome parts as opposed to one that doesn't?

Cleaning, longevity, and in my case(I never polished on my stock 930 trigger)the trigger is smoother on the JM930. Not easier/lighter, but smoother......

If you run the mag tube out to the end of the barrel or an inch or two pass, how many rounds do you get using 2 3/4" shells?

Obviously it depends on the tube you have on the gun......on my built Turkey model it has a plus 5 and is about 1 inch from the end of the barrel and holds 9+1+1 for a total of 11 if I wanted to. The JM930 is the same unless you get the 22" model and then it is 8+1+1 with the supplied 4 round Nordic tube.

The trigger unit on my 85119 has some side to side wiggle in it. I do not think it is a problem but does anyone have a tip or trick to tighten that up, preferably without having to have a gunsmith work on it. I did already check the pins and they are tight. It came this way out of the box and aside from a couple of sharp ridges on the stock (from the molding process) that I sanded down it is great so far.

The trigger unit on my 85119 has some side to side wiggle in it. I do not think it is a problem but does anyone have a tip or trick to tighten that up, preferably without having to have a gunsmith work on it. I did already check the pins and they are tight. It came this way out of the box and aside from a couple of sharp ridges on the stock (from the molding process) that I sanded down it is great so far.

I have the same wiggle in mine. Try putting a 6" c-clamp on it and turn it down until the wiggle is gone.

Okay...don't do that. It might put you in open at some matches for having an additional handle or some crap like that.

I have wondered the same thing as far as a way to fix it. Not sure it hurts anything, but i bet it doesn't help. I have been thinking of some way to make the trigger group wider - maybe adhere some shim material to the sides?

Anybody else have a great idea like the first one above?

All of the 930's I have held thus far have a slight wiggle in the trigger group. Seem's like Mossberg would have cleaned this up over time.

If you run the mag tube out to the end of the barrel or an inch or two pass, how many rounds do you get using 2 3/4" shells?

+6 10 +1 2" passed I think on a 24" barrel.

The trigger compartment wiggle does not matter,every 930 must have it or will after a few rounds through it. Even a 935 I picked up once had it.

Mine seems to lock up a little better when loaded.

Either way I don't notice it when shooting, even slowly with slugs.