Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

By the time I have enough money for another shotgun, Mossy will have the 930 with a 22" non-ported vent rib barrel with a rounded edge and wide open loading port, tricked out lifter, large safety that is reversible for lefties, and a big fat aluminum charging handle. It will come stock with an 8 round tube and barrel clamp. The parts could be spec'd from different companies like Nordic and Mesa Tactical or new parts from Mossberg themselves. It will come with 5 choke tubes that are extended by 1" so no tools will be necessary for those of us with meaty paws.

They'll do like Ruger did with the SR556 and include a couple CCW 6 rounders and a case.

It will cost $600 out of the box.

All it will need is a good name....maybe Gunslinger, or Texas Star.

I hear Steven Tyler in the background....dream on, dream on.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yvette, you really should come on out to the Larue three gun. And NEVER turn down an invite to shoot with Benny.

Benny, I really wish I could have talked you into shooting that stage with pistol only! Would have been one of those epic stages thats talked about for years! Sorry you couldn't finish the match.

ETA: Yvette, your only 4.5 hours from the match!!! Head up 57 to San Antonio, then take 281 north to Burnet. Turn right on 29, to around 4 miles past Bertram. Thursday afternoon is registration, I could buy you dinner that evening.

So when is the actual competition??? Awsome! in San Antonio? or what city exactly? I'm very interested to learn about the sport.I doubt it on a weekday :( I have work then practice.

Good to see you on here! Thanks again for your help.

Hope everything works out for you to get to the Larue match. Told you posting here was the easiest way to find out where/when the matches are.

I am ready to buy a Mossberg, but really dont want to go thru the 2-3 week hassle of ordering a barrel, then selling the barrel i have. I will not break even, so a $500 shottie will cost me a bit more. Mossberg really needs to jump on this.

Yea I know its a wait .. . Especially since we dont have an actual part number to be producing in quantities. I use an internal part number and just ask if I can have it non-ported. But, we are working on it at least get 15 a week or 2 weeks.

By the time I have enough money for another shotgun, Mossy will have the 930 with a 22" non-ported vent rib barrel with a rounded edge and wide open loading port, tricked out lifter, large safety that is reversible for lefties, and a big fat aluminum charging handle. It will come stock with an 8 round tube and barrel clamp. The parts could be spec'd from different companies like Nordic and Mesa Tactical or new parts from Mossberg themselves. It will come with 5 choke tubes that are extended by 1" so no tools will be necessary for those of us with meaty paws.

They'll do like Ruger did with the SR556 and include a couple CCW 6 rounders and a case.

nice! :)

Yvette,

I shot my first 3 gun last weekend using a Mossberg 500. Since then I am working to make my 500 more 3 gun friendly. If Mossberg makes the 930 in 22" non-ported I will buy two today! I am not much of a shotgun shooter, but 3 gun is the most fun I have ever had with clothes on!

Thank you for helping your customers. And we also thank Mossberg for getting involved in 3 gun.

I will post this again......if you are buying a new Mossberg 930 and it is UNFIRED, then there ia a chance that EDNA can EXCHANGE your barrel FREE of charge for a NON PORTED version. You have to call and ask first and if she gives the ok then you have to ship your NEW barrel to her and in about two weeks she will ship out the replacement. THERE IS NO NEED TO BUY A LONGER BARREL AND THEN HAVE IT CUT OFF AND RETHREADED LOCALLY TO A 24" MODEL. I paid less than $10 to ship my barrel to Texas and they paid shipping back to me. The barrels are available, but you have to ask for EDNA. Everyone else is clueless it seems.

Hey Phil,

How are you doing?

Unfortunately, the barrels can no longer be exchanged anymore:( . Hey and thanks for your compliments :] very nice of ya'll !

Hey Edna,

I am fine and glad to see you on the site......as far as my post....that is why I put "chance" in there:) I knew at some point the "Lollipop Fairy" would catch on and stop the exchanges for free, but there are some really good guys looking to buy or build your guns. You are the only one who seems to know what is going on with what the competition shooters here are wanting. I want to say a big THANK YOU for helping with the 930. I hope the higher ups at Mossberg take note and put you on as the lead service rep for competition.

Thanks again,

Phil

Yvette,

I shot my first 3 gun last weekend using a Mossberg 500. Since then I am working to make my 500 more 3 gun friendly. If Mossberg makes the 930 in 22" non-ported I will buy two today! I am not much of a shotgun shooter, but 3 gun is the most fun I have ever had with clothes on!

Thank you for helping your customers. And we also thank Mossberg for getting involved in 3 gun.

Awsome and how did it go?? you'll see they will start noticing and hopefully make one! Your welcome.

:D

Yvette,

Awsome and how did it go?? you'll see they will start noticing and hopefully make one! Your welcome.

My first match went OK, I wasn't prepared to shoot the shotgun as well as I was the pistol and rifle (admittedly I have not taken the time to train with the shotguns as much as I have my rifles and pistols). I have made many changes since, and am now carrying 12 rounds on the gun (7 in a side saddle and 5 on the stock) and have an arm band that holds 8 rounds. This will speed my reloads considerably in the future. I also opened up the magazine area to allow for faster feeding, and I removed all the factory sharp edges. I was loading from pockets on my tactical vest (very slow).

My next 3 gun match will be in a couple of weeks, and I am stoked. I should be a lot faster this time around. Now that I know what to expect.

Please do what you can to push the folks at Mossberg to build the 930's for 3 gun. We need an American company that not only supports the sport, but builds a shotgun that is done right from the start! And having Benny build the prototype IS the way to go!

Thanks again!

Hello yvette or Edna! Since you are in the forum and I don't have to call mossberg's 1800number I have a quick question about a barrel. Is 22" barrel, threaded with IC choke VR non ported be available if I order it?

By the way you might want to consider being a representative ;) of mossberg in this forum so it'll be easy communicating with mossberg since alot of people are interested of getting mossberg products? :rolleyes: If mossberg agree with that. What do you think guys??? :cheers::bow:

Edited by timawa

Hello yvette or Edna! Since you are in the forum and I don't have to call mossberg's 1800number I have a quick question about a barrel. Is 22" barrel, threaded with IC choke VR non ported be available if I order it?

By the way you might want to consider being a representative ;) of mossberg in this forum so it'll be easy communicating with mossberg since alot of people are interested of getting mossberg products? :rolleyes: If mossberg agree with that. What do you think guys??? :cheers::bow:

lol my name is Edna Yvette you can call me either or. :) Unfortunately, we don't offer that barrel for the 930. I'll be glad to help ya'll out regarding products and also technical questions (only to a certain point for liability reasons) ;)

Yvette,

My first match went OK, I wasn't prepared to shoot the shotgun as well as I was the pistol and rifle (admittedly I have not taken the time to train with the shotguns as much as I have my rifles and pistols). I have made many changes since, and am now carrying 12 rounds on the gun (7 in a side saddle and 5 on the stock) and have an arm band that holds 8 rounds. This will speed my reloads considerably in the future. I also opened up the magazine area to allow for faster feeding, and I removed all the factory sharp edges. I was loading from pockets on my tactical vest (very slow).

My next 3 gun match will be in a couple of weeks, and I am stoked. I should be a lot faster this time around. Now that I know what to expect.

Please do what you can to push the folks at Mossberg to build the 930's for 3 gun. We need an American company that not only supports the sport, but builds a shotgun that is done right from the start! And having Benny build the prototype IS the way to go!

Thanks again!

Thats good! :) everything takes practice. I was watching some videos in youtube ! its fun!

I joined just to tell ya'll that I ordered the 24" non-ported from Edna yesterday (she was very helpful!), I'll post a pic as soon as I get it! Also does anyone think I could sell all the SPX parts (barrel, extension, rail and sight) to recoup the $180.00?

Edited by mech

I joined just to tell ya'll that I ordered the 24" non-ported from Edna yesterday (she was very helpful!), I'll post a pic as soon as I get it! Also does anyone think I could sell all the SPX parts (barrel, extension, rail and sight) to recoup the $180.00?

It's not going to hurt to try to get $180. Since it's not a complete firearm, it's much easier to do the transaction. You'll have your best luck on this forum, AR15.com, shotgunworld.com, and gunbroker. If you advertise it on all 4 sites, you'll move it.

I'm thinking about just buying a regular 930, too, and buying the new barrel and selling the one that comes with it. Is there any particular barrel that might be worth more or easier to sell separately? If there's 2 models of 930 with different barrels for roughly the same cost, i guess I'd like to chose the one that would sell for the most.

I've read on some forums (I think both here and on shotgunworld) that guys were able to sell the rifled slug barrel for around $180. I'm thinking some birthday money is going to go into a 28" barreled 930 then get it chopped and threaded. Seems like less of a headache than trying to sell a barrel for rock bottom. Or just keep my money in the bank and wait for the competition model. I probably shouldn't get greedy as I'm digging what I have right now.

I'm in the same boat, biker. If someone told me the Moss version would be out in a month or two, I might wait. I just know how these things go and I don't want to be here in June/July with still no word and no 930 in hand. I'd honestly prefer to have their version as opposed to working the barrel and receiver, etc. I wish Moss could communicate their plans.

I took my 28" barrel to local gunsmith here in town to have it cut but he refused to cut it coz he said it's too thin to re thread the part of the barrel right behind the porting. I guess my next option is to by 24' non ported coz there's no 22" available. How much 24" cost? Any help please? :unsure:

I took my 28" barrel to local gunsmith here in town to have it cut but he refused to cut it coz he said it's too thin to re thread the part of the barrel right behind the porting. I guess my next option is to by 24' non ported coz there's no 22" available. How much 24" cost? Any help please? :unsure:

Your gunsmith is scared.....it can be done because several have already done it! Shop around for other gunsmiths....Guncat did someones for a very reasonable price. Mossberg has been selling the barrels for around $180. Still not bad for a barrel ready to go.

Edited by philg80

Unless your barrel is different than the dozens of ported 930 barrels I've seen it should be thick enough to cut off and re-thread for its Mossberg choke tubes. Measure the outside diameter at the spot you want it cut off, if its over .845” you should be good to go.